You know it's summer ... turbo Tibby

This is a discussion on You know it's summer ... turbo Tibby within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was waiting to turn at a stoplight onto a major street when a Hyundai Tiburon came up behind me. ...

You know it's summer ... turbo Tibby

I was waiting to turn at a stoplight onto a major street when a Hyundai Tiburon came up behind me. It was black with a full-on body kit and gold accents - gold mesh grill, gold rims and gold graphics. Anyway I turn normally and stay in the left lane and he pulled around to the right lane. I wasn't going to go because what's the point, but then he guns it and the ultra-loud BOV pops off. So I get up next to him, he hits it, I drop to second and hit it. Through second he pulled me but once I hit third I gained and passed him. We went up to about 100 when I let off and he was at my rear bumper. Not bad for a Tibby!!! But the body kit and graphics have to go. I think he would've beat me if not for all that extra weight.

You know summer's coming when ... a black body-kitted turbo Tibby comes out to race.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice race! I assume your modded right? they trap about 92mph stock and with a turbo and a mild tune they trap around 97+mph
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

nice kill.

just wanted to beat WRXceleration to it
    05 STi for sale, 400hp, 50k miles, only 17k

Quote Originally Posted by WRXcelration
    nice runs

i remember seeing a vid of one that was FI and he was saying it would trap over 100mph and do 13's.. i think it was a supercharged one. Video might of been on this forum also.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

I have an MBC but that's it. I know, don't say it. I ran a 14.2 last year but temps were higher so I assume he's running 14.0s to 14.5s. I was kind of ho-humming when I saw that it was a Tibby but I have to say I was impressed. And I'm not joking about the weight reduction - he probably would have had me by losing the big body kit and spoiler, but to each his own. Minus the graphics it would be a nice car I think.

J-H
    Quote Originally Posted by BillFromTR
    nice kill.

just wanted to beat WRXceleration to it
    <kip> Dang it! </kip>

For some reason I always think that a turbo V6 should murder a turbo boxer 4.....its funny how the WRX still takes some kills, eventhough on paper other cars have the advantage....

EDIT: yesterday I saw one.....I wanted to run so bad....so I slowed down....the dude slowed down......I am driving 30 in a 45....I am still leaving him behind.....It seems that they know not to mess around......it looked like a sprint at the end of a tour de france stage....ya know, when both riders are just waiting for the other to blast out, except the dude never came up....

Last edited by J-H; 03-18-2005 at 03:29 PM.
    My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

WRX
    what body style was it? I know the older ones can drop a 4G63 in there pretty well.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtony
    I have an MBC but that's it. I know, don't say it. I ran a 14.2 last year but temps were higher so I assume he's running 14.0s to 14.5s. I was kind of ho-humming when I saw that it was a Tibby but I have to say I was impressed. And I'm not joking about the weight reduction - he probably would have had me by losing the big body kit and spoiler, but to each his own. Minus the graphics it would be a nice car I think.

hmmmmm what did you trap on that run? I cant imagine you trapping any higher than 95mph and a turbo tiburon should have NO trouble trapping higher than 95mph. They can actually trap that with bolt on's
    good race and all, but I think there might have been an issue of driver error here
    Just call me Clark Kent

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    hmmmmm what did you trap on that run? I cant imagine you trapping any higher than 95mph and a turbo tiburon should have NO trouble trapping higher than 95mph. They can actually trap that with bolt on's
    good race and all, but I think there might have been an issue of driver error here
    It was a 14.21 at 94.XX. I'm not saying I would beat every turbo Tibby on the road, but I beat this one that time. Is it possible his tune sucked or maybe he didn't have supporting mods? I can guarantee you that not EVERY turbo Tibby runs 13s. What if he's not running a big enough fuel pump. Or maybe he has it set at low boost. Or perhaps the guy's clutch was slipping. Or, like you said, maybe he just can't drive.

I have no reason to lie about this.

good kill , sounds like a weak turbo tib... BTW- I can't imagine a bodykit weighing any more than 20 lbs. over stock bumpers...

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtony
    It was a 14.21 at 94.XX. I'm not saying I would beat every turbo Tibby on the road, but I beat this one that time. Is it possible his tune sucked or maybe he didn't have supporting mods? I can guarantee you that not EVERY turbo Tibby runs 13s. What if he's not running a big enough fuel pump. Or maybe he has it set at low boost. Or perhaps the guy's clutch was slipping. Or, like you said, maybe he just can't drive.

I have no reason to lie about this.
    no, no... dont get me wrong man... I am not calling BS on your kill. Just stating that his car was either poorly tuned or he sucked at driving. I think the V6 tib. w/ just bolt on's can trap around where we are at (94-96mph).

good run though.
    Just call me Clark Kent