69 Chevelle vs V6 Accord and WRX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 69 Chevelle vs V6 Accord and WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was on my way home from work obeying the speed limit when I see a car coming up on ...

69 Chevelle vs V6 Accord and WRX

I was on my way home from work obeying the speed limit when I see a car coming up on my ass really fast. I couldnt get over right away so he flashed his brights a couple times. I got over and as I did, another car came flying up on my opposite side. We pulled up to the light and on my left was a newer V6 Accord that looked pretty nice and on my right was a nice WRX. I realized they must have been racing each other and now I was caught in the middle, oh well. We were all glancing at each other and I am thinking "you gotta be kidding me". The Accord jumped the light a second early and the WRX got a slight jump on me as my wheels spun for a split second since I hit the gas a little too hard. I got traction and passed both of them like they were standing still and had at least a 4 car lead when I eased up at 80mph. We pull to the next light and the guy in the Accord is looking at me like and the guy in the WRX is laughing and nods his head in approval. The lane merged up ahead so I motioned to him to go ahead of me because I wanted to let the two of them have fun. The light went green and the WRX got a good jump but the Accord was around his rear bumper and actually started to pull on him but then I could see the WRX pulling on him up ahead and it looked like he won by a little more than a length when I saw brake lights.

I have never seen a WRX (non STi) up close and I must say I was impressed at how fast they are. I could tell the guy probably had a few mods as did the Accord and I was surpised how fast that was too. Driving the Chevelle is addictive but it has its drawbacks. It attracts ALOT of attention and people want to race alot which I TRY not to do. Cops always stare me down and I have to drive like grandma around them and hope I dont accelerate too hard. I have to shut the engine off at drive thrus so they can hear my order and it makes almost every car alarm go off when I drive by in a parking lot even at a very slow speed Its still too much fun though.
    Last edited by mball; 03-16-2005 at 01:28 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice race, I bet they enjoyed that since you don't run into many cars like yours on the road.

In Michigan you see those kind of cars all the time...WOODWARD!!! i raced a ls6 chevelle that a girl my age was driving and got owned... i knew i would but it still sounded like fun. good ole american muscle espeically SS chevelles one of my favorites

J-H
    I am very surprised to find out that you have never seen a WRX up close. Reason is that you were questioning a bunch of races posted early last week about WRX's beating faster cars (on paper). Kinda makes me wonder what would happened if you came across a heavily modded one.......prolly would find new respect....

Nice kill, BTW. How much HP is your chevelle putting down?

My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

you got pics of the chevelle?
    and nice kills.
    what?

Nice kill..

I also would like to hear about whats under the hood.. My IROC was putting down 422rhp and 396tq but the time I sold it.. It's amazing the different in the way two cars hit 0 to 60.. My IROC just felt like God himself kicked you in the azz while 1000 speakers were blasting heavy metal in my ears. My friend had a custom twin turbo MR2 that was putting down around 350rhp but in that lite car blazed to 60..

One thing I noticed with my IROC was after about 320hp each hp cost 3 times as much.

I got traction and passed both of them like they were standing still and had at least a 4 car lead when I eased up at 80mph.

Nope, no way sorry... I refuse to believe a pre-emissions V8 Muscle car beat a Japanese economy sedan, sorry.

Good stuff.
    My 02 wrx is the first import I've owned. I love it. My heart is still with American power. My 66 chevy II (383 stroker muncie 4speed front clip yadayadayada) is just simply unfair. Very hard to find anyone sitting in a Honda who has a chance against the chevy II. Too bad the V8's are going the way of the buffalo.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.