S2k potential.... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on S2k potential.... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I had a MY00 and had the Comptech supercharger with aftercooler. I was putting down 310 to the wheels with ...

I had a MY00 and had the Comptech supercharger with aftercooler. I was putting down 310 to the wheels with the help of the smaller pulley. I can honestly say from a roll, it's gona take a nicely modified WRX to hang with it. I know my STi would kill it from a dig (341.4 awhp) but from a roll I don't know how I would do. The fun factor is 10 times better with the S with the top down, but it is a very tight fit. My wife hated that car and loves the Subaru (feels safer) much more.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

s2000 is sexy, i'd drive one.
    what?

i find the hard tops a bit more attractive.

I did race my friend comptech S/C with 5psi pulley S200 from 90km to 210km. I stay with his front wheel until we shunt down, but i think he is not a good driver. My STI is stock.

Quote Originally Posted by AsianWRX
    Those S2k's get pretty quick into the triple digits. My wife's stg 2 wagon destroyed her girlfriends S2k from a street roll, but from a highway roll into the triple digits... watch out
    I had fun with a stock S2000 (2L version) about 2 months after I got my STi. I was really worried about running one from a roll. Guy was tailgating me a bit and since the road was opening up I knew what was coming. From about 90km/h (80km/h speedlimit, very nice unpopulated road), with me starting in 3rd (if I remember correctly), as he pulled around me and started accelerating past me, I floored it. Got him by a few cars by the beginning of 5th, at which point I came back to my senses while he continued on past me. The S2000 sounded awesome screaming up top like that, but I honestly thought I was going to have a much harder time. Since the STi is my first AWD car, at the time I didn't know how overhyped AWD-loss is. Now I know. 300hp awd still > 240hp rwd.
    2005 Aspen White STi

I just got back from the track with him. He got to race 4 times. First two time he got 14.7. Best time was his third 14.5. Last race he ran 14.6. Those thing is pretty fast even from a dig....
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

Quote Originally Posted by WiCkeDrEx
    I just got back from the track with him. He got to race 4 times. First two time he got 14.7. Best time was his third 14.5. Last race he ran 14.6. Those thing is pretty fast even from a dig....
    your friend needs to learn the drive the car
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    Oh yeah, definitely need more practice on the car. I just got it a week ago and didnt even practice launching it before the track. Hopefully next time I'll get a better time,

hahaha.... it's really funny because there was two other s2k at the track. lowered, rims, and hardtop. looks like they know what they're doing. but ran 15s all day. couldn't even break 14s!
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

Quote Originally Posted by WiCkeDrEx
    hahaha.... it's really funny because there was two other s2k at the track. lowered, rims, and hardtop. looks like they know what they're doing. but ran 15s all day. couldn't even break 14s!

I know its a difficult car to drive (high reving shift points, light car+rwd, and launching difficulties) but running 15's in an S2k is ridiculous! Even the "pretty good/pretty average" drivers are getting mid 14's and the more experienced enthusiests run low 14's VERY consistantly, and some enthusiests, and even a couple magazines have pulled off high 13's.......
    Dont get under the misconception the car is only good for higher 14's, there is much ability to the car than that.
    Just call me Clark Kent

Quote Originally Posted by S2Karizma
    Oh yeah, definitely need more practice on the car. I just got it a week ago and didnt even practice launching it before the track. Hopefully next time I'll get a better time,
    Keep at it man!
    They are difficult cars to launch and shift right. Just keep practicing and remember to feather the clutch. 14.5 is a real good time for only having the car a week and not being experienced with the "feel" it. I am sure with some more practice and decent conditions you will see 14.3's or better your next time around

btw, what was your trap speed and 60'?
    Just call me Clark Kent

Keep at it man!
    They are difficult cars to launch and shift right. Just keep practicing and remember to feather the clutch. 14.5 is a real good time for only having the car a week and not being experienced with the "feel" it. I am sure with some more practice and decent conditions you will see 14.3's or better your next time around

btw, what was your trap speed and 60'?
    60 fts. = 2.38
    Trap speed = 95.17

Yeah it's quite difficult but next time I'm aiming for low 14's.
    Last edited by S2Karizma; 03-17-2005 at 08:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by S2Karizma
    60 fts. = 2.38
    Trap speed = 95.17

Yeah it's quite difficult but next time I'm aiming for low 14's.
    you can improve on both of those significantly with some practice.
    low 14's at traps nearing 100mph should not be too hard
    Just call me Clark Kent

s2k is definitely a nice car. My brother has one and we've had a few highway battles. I'm currently at Cobb stage2 and he's able to hang with me from about 70mph up. We raced another time at around 55mph and I pulled HARD on him. Defiinitely a top-end car. He's currently debating on getting the Comptech supercharger... if he does, then I'm dead. I'll have to get some serious money put in my car to hang with him.

The one time he did go to the track he managed a measley 14.7 but he was having a hard time launching. His whole back end veered to the side and he was heading towards the divider when he launched so he let off the gas cause it scared the sh*t out of him. We haven't gone back since...

Ive ran into a turbo s2k a while back. to say he whoopd my a$$ is an understatement. the guy was cool tho, he said he was puting down 400 or so to the wheels and I dont doubt it. The car looked like it had alot of suspention work done as well. (lots of neg camber front and back). We went from about 45 and he churpd the rears on the 2-3 and 3-4 shifts. by then he had a couple bus lengths.
    You wanna shoot? shoot. Dont talk!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12