Audi driver smirks, then gets destroyed...

This is a discussion on Audi driver smirks, then gets destroyed... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; For the first time in about four months I could not stop my testosterone from getting the better of me. ...

Audi driver smirks, then gets destroyed...

For the first time in about four months I could not stop my testosterone from getting the better of me. For those that don't like long stories, skip to the end for the synopsis.

So, I was out running some errands and was on my way to some fun driving roads before returning home. I'm cruising along in a 80km/h zone, 2 lane road and the light ahead of me turns red. I'm in the left lane and the right lane ends after this light and the merge is really short. Basically, it is meant for cross traffic turning right, onto this main road. In traffic people like to sit in the right hand lane (blocking people from making a right no less) and try and gun it from the light to beat traffic in the left lane. Some people also just time the light and blast through as it turns green. Either way, as questionable as this is, in traffic I guess I can understand since the left lane does really back up at this light.

In this case though, I'm sitting at this light with no one around except for an Audi approaching behind me. As he starts to roll to a stop behind me, I do the casual look back to make sure he is stopping (just cautious) and next thing I know I see him smirk and begin to pull around me into the right lane. The bugger actually grinned at me. I think the smirk got to me...you know the kind...the smirk that says "watch this" or "I'll teach this guy with the park bench wing" (yes, you can read THAT much from a smirk. ) He probably saw me looking in my rearview mirror and figured he would show me what a "real" car could do.

So, as this guy is pulling around me, the light goes green and he gasses it. I quickly brought the revs to 3.5k, slipped for a second, and floored it. I skittered forward, all four tires spinning, fighting for traction. He managed to stay even for a second, mainly due to the fact I couldn't get full traction. I grabbed 2nd, just as we crossed the intersection, tires finally found full traction, and the STi just roared ahead of him. I snagged 3rd and rocketed to a 3 car lead, shifted short of redline in 3rd (~about 115km/h) and dropped it into 4th while slowing down to the speed limit (80km/h). If I had continued it would have gotten much worse, but why bother.

I watched, with much satisfaction, as he merged in behind me about 4 car lengths back. As he closed the distance behind me, I looked in the rear view mirror to see that he wasn't smirking anymore. I turned off at the next light and watched him proceed to tailgate some poor Sunfire. It was at this point that I noticed it was an A6 2.7.

Sorry for so much writing for such a non-thrilling "kill" but it was very satisfying for me.

Synopsis:

An Audi A6 2.7 driver pulls around me at a red light, smirking while doing so, to try and "blast by" me with a very short merge lane for him. Light changes, he's already got momentum (never fully stopped), light STi launch from a dead stop, not a lot of traction until 2nd, then the satisfying ass kicking a cometh.

Edit: fixed some spelling errors
    Last edited by Digitalfiend; 03-16-2005 at 07:52 AM.
    2005 Aspen White STi

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice job why are you having traction problems? was thier gravel,or salt on the road ? either way it is nice putting people in thier place

Quote Originally Posted by sonicrx
    nice job why are you having traction problems? was thier gravel,or salt on the road ? either way it is nice putting people in thier place
    Traction at that intersection is usually less than optimal. Dump trucks tend to cross that intersection frequently so there is usually a very light layer of fine sand/dirt/sometimes mud. It was also only 4C today, so the RE070s are not at their stickiest.

...and thanks!

That guy just hit a nerve.
    2005 Aspen White STi

The dude prob. didnt think you were going to run after him like that. I guess you showed him though.

I went to my local dearler to test drive a sti with a couple of my friends and they wouldnt let me. Being 18 sucks, the guy was really nice about it though. I thought hey maybe if i roll up in the rex they will let me, but that wasnt the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinin4
    The dude prob. didnt think you were going to run after him like that. I guess you showed him though.

I went to my local dearler to test drive a sti with a couple of my friends and they wouldnt let me. Being 18 sucks, the guy was really nice about it though. I thought hey maybe if i roll up in the rex they will let me, but that wasnt the case.
    I remember when I worked at the dealership these kids rolled up in they're mom's minivan and one kid came up to me and asked "how old do you have to be to test drive the STi" It was pretty entertaining especially since the STi's had barely came out.

Good run but wtach out for those S4, those things are beastly from a roll with just a chip.

You should've given him a smirk back

Good run, great story
    07 RDX

04 STI: SOLD
    02 4eat Cobb Stg 2 WRX Wagon: Wife's

Quote Originally Posted by Spinin4
    Hell, I'm 28 and they wouldn't let me test drive a STi either. They had one 04 in their showroom and none on the lot. I ordered an 05 (April of last year) and bought the it never having driven it. I took a chance but with all the wonderful things I had read about the STi, I knew it was the right car for me. Coming from a RSX, I was a bit nervous about Subaru's reliability (as I've never followed the company except on the WRC) but apparently they are pretty darn well built.

Can't wait to order a TBE and AP.
    2005 Aspen White STi

way to put him in his place
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

I've noticed that Audi A6 owners are getting confrontational now with me too. Especially the 2.7 owners. I've killed two already this week and it isn't even Thursday.

slim...
    2003 Subaru Impreza WRX (AP Stage 2)
    Midnight Black, weathered and beaten thanks to the wonderful citizens of Philadelphia, PA

2005 Honda S2000
    Silverstone Metallic Exterior, Red/Black Interior, a shifter made in heaven

I think people are starting to get into "summer mode". I'm noticing much more aggressive driving from Celicas, Matrixes (Matrices? lol), people in minivans (then again when are they not aggressive ), pickup trucks, etc.

I must admit, though I enjoy the summer, I'm going to miss that cool crisp air that our cars love so much.
    2005 Aspen White STi

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalfiend
    I think people are starting to get into "summer mode". I'm noticing much more aggressive driving from Celicas, Matrixes (Matrices? lol), people in minivans (then again when are they not aggressive ), pickup trucks, etc.

I must admit, though I enjoy the summer, I'm going to miss that cool crisp air that our cars love so much.
    I hear that. I'm putting in NOS sprayer for the intercooler. i will not fear the hot weather.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Quote Originally Posted by TurboWill
    I hear that. I'm putting in NOS sprayer for the intercooler. i will not fear the hot weather.
    boy, do i love the summer

I Support ClubWRX
    Good kill. Lane retention + blowing the doors off a challenger = priceless!!
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums