Me vs. All motor hatch, 2nd try!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Me vs. All motor hatch, 2nd try! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well, this time I was prepared. Pretty much the same place as the first time and Im rolling with a ...

Me vs. All motor hatch, 2nd try!

Well, this time I was prepared. Pretty much the same place as the first time and Im rolling with a friend in the car instead of two. Hes about 200 lbs, so not too bad on slowing me down, and this time we went from about 35, so I was in second in good boost. With new uppipe I felt confident.

He was tapping the gas and it got LOUD, louder than last time I believe, but it was definetly a beast. We ended up both hitting it pretty much at the same time, and to my suprise I instantly pulled about half a car up on him and held it to about 90. Good race, and Ill be even more modded next time =) Felt VERY good to beat a car that I lost to the first time.
    '02 WRB WRX wingless
    Its stock...I swear....and its N/A too
    ...thats not turbo spool you hear thats a vaccuum leak!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Ceyvme
    Well, this time I was prepared. Pretty much the same place as the first time and Im rolling with a friend in the car instead of two. Hes about 200 lbs, so not too bad on slowing me down, and this time we went from about 35, so I was in second in good boost. With new uppipe I felt confident.

He was tapping the gas and it got LOUD, louder than last time I believe, but it was definetly a beast. We ended up both hitting it pretty much at the same time, and to my suprise I instantly pulled about half a car up on him and held it to about 90. Good race, and Ill be even more modded next time =) Felt VERY good to beat a car that I lost to the first time.
    that right there is the perfect reason to keep modding
    results and satisfaction!

ever find out which engine he was running?
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Good kill. I'm buying a 97 civic hatch 5 speed. I'm droping an H22 in her. going to be my daily driver.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    that right there is the perfect reason to keep modding
    results and satisfaction!

ever find out which engine he was running?
    Im sure its probably a cammed GSR if anything. With anything more Im sure hed pull me in a gutted hatch with traction. A GSR cammed with bolt ons should put down 165 to 170 or so WHP with a good tune. An ITR would be around 170 or so without bolt ons and an H22 would be 174 or so stock.
    '02 WRB WRX wingless

Quote Originally Posted by TurboWill
    Good kill. I'm buying a 97 civic hatch 5 speed. I'm droping an H22 in her. going to be my daily driver.
    wow, thats going to be one helluva car. Good luck with everything. If you can find an H22 at a good price dont hesitate to pick up a B18C1. It does not create as much tq, but will net fairly similar times and pulls just as hard for a cheaper price
    Just call me Clark Kent

wow, thats going to be one helluva car. Good luck with everything. If you can find an H22 at a good price dont hesitate to pick up a B18C1. It does not create as much tq, but will net fairly similar times and pulls just as hard for a cheaper price

B18C1 is a much wiser choice than an H22. An H22 has very thin walls and you won't be able to run much boost on it without doing a full motor build including sleeves. Id say max would be around 6 psi, and your not making much torque anyways. With a B18C1, you can hit 10 PSI daily pretty easy because of the stronger walls. Their both hondas though, and Id hate the feeling of going back to no low end =P
    '02 WRB WRX wingless

^^^
    Well it's going to be a daily driver. So maybe intake, hondata, qiuet exaust. No boost.
    Thats what ive got the Evo for.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

B18C1 is a much wiser choice than an H22. An H22 has very thin walls and you won't be able to run much boost on it without doing a full motor build including sleeves. Id say max would be around 6 psi, and your not making much torque anyways. With a B18C1, you can hit 10 PSI daily pretty easy because of the stronger walls. Their both hondas though, and Id hate the feeling of going back to no low end =P
    we dont got much low end either....
    04 PSM WRX Wgn
    now feat. GREENIES

How about a K20 swap with Hondata, intake, and exhaust?? It might be more expensive than a H22 swap, but i think you will enjoy it more.
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

^^^
    Well it's going to be a daily driver. So maybe intake, hondata, qiuet exaust. No boost.
    Thats what ive got the Evo for.
    honestly, if you are not going to go big, just the B18C1. Its not worth the extra money of the H22 IMO if you dont want to build the motor up.
    B18C1 in a hatch with basic bolt on's and a hondata will get you low 14's NO PROBLEM and maybe high 13's with nice tires and a good driver
    Just call me Clark Kent

honestly, if you are not going to go big, just the B18C1. Its not worth the extra money of the H22 IMO if you dont want to build the motor up.
    B18C1 in a hatch with basic bolt on's and a hondata will get you low 14's NO PROBLEM and maybe high 13's with nice tires and a good driver

Nowadays you can get a full H22 swap for less than 2 grand, while the GSR motor comes in around 3 grand. Its kinda sad how you can get more motor for less but the GSR is way more in demand.
    '02 WRB WRX wingless

Quote Originally Posted by Chipsahui2
    we dont got much low end either....
    Having driven a GS-R I can tell you we have alot more low end than they do, and we get our power before they do. Vtec in a slightly modded car is like a kick in the pants only because of the lack of low end, so top end feels powerful. Its kinda sad really.
    '02 WRB WRX wingless

Why don't you make it into a baby TypeR? That's what I'm going to do when I get my EG (92-95) body style. I've been looking for one for a daily driver. And of course with me it won't stay stock. GSR head with a B16 block and B16 Tranny. I won't boost it like you said will because if I get beat in that thing, then I'll go home and take out the beast. lol =]
    96 Honda Integra Type R
    97 Jeep Grand Cherokee (DD)
    02 Subaru WRX (sold)
    www.HirevImports.com
    Brandon@HiRevImports.com

Nowadays you can get a full H22 swap for less than 2 grand, while the GSR motor comes in around 3 grand. Its kinda sad how you can get more motor for less but the GSR is way more in demand.
    Werd, but why not get a b18b? i think thats the code. The LS engine and boost? you can piece a turbo setup for fairly cheap.
    04 WRX
    14.1@94 Mods: TBE 90octane

Quote Originally Posted by Psylas
    Werd, but why not get a b18b? i think thats the code. The LS engine and boost? you can piece a turbo setup for fairly cheap.
    there are a lot of specifics that make the C1 much better. If you plan to boost its much more cost efficient in the long run to go with a C1
    Just call me Clark Kent

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast