Celica GT vs Lancer OZ vs Cavalier
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Celica GT vs Lancer OZ vs Cavalier within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; first off..... What a pathetic display of horsepower (or lack there of). I was driving home from lunch yesterday in ...

WRX

Celica GT vs Lancer OZ vs Cavalier

first off.....

What a pathetic display of horsepower (or lack there of). I was driving home from lunch yesterday in my brother's 99 Cavalier when I saw a lancer (oz rally ghey 120hp version) chasing a Celica GT (non S version). So I tucked in behind them to see what they would do. Eventually the GT stopped at a light with the lancer behind him, and me behind the lancer. There was a dump truck next to us at the light, so I knew the 2 lanes ahead were free.

The "race"... Light turns green and they both gun it. I decided to gun it to see if I could pull past the lancer for sh!ts and giggles. The GT sprung out to an early lead, pulling about 2 cars on the lancer. My 140hp or so (ROARED) me past the lancer and I was closing in on the GT. I shut down at 90 because the Cavalier was shaking and totally unstable at that speed, and when I shut down I had 1/2 car on the lancer, and the GT wasn't too far ahead. I'd say still about 2 cars ahead. I wasn't impressed at all because the Cav is the slowest car I've ever driven.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    That story reminds me of when I was down in Florida on vacation last year. I was driving a rental automatic Neon and came up on two riced out civics racing from a light. They weren't doing anything but making alot of noise while I went scooting by them with the AC on. You should have seen the dirty looks I got at the next light

My ex-g/f's Civic was the slowest car I've ever driven. My current g/f now drives an automatic Civic, and it's misery to drive. I don't understand why these kids slap on the huge spoilers, on-sale at PepBoys for $50 APC fart-can mufflers, stickers, and the ebay cold air intake and think their Hondas are fast. Maybe it's because they make a lot of noise. I'm done with that crowd and will no longer waste my gas.

I let my ex drive my wrx home one night and when she came back, she was like, "OMG this thing is awesome!" lol

not really related, but I was working as a seasonal helper for UPS and there were some late packages that came in for a lot of the trucks. So what they do is they take one truck with those late packages, and meet up at a spot so that the other UPS trucks can meet up and grab the packages. Well, it turned out the original truck was parked somewhere else, so the UPS drivers decided to race over there

So here we are, 4 UPS trucks racing to the next meeting spot, with my driver leading in front and pulling on the 2nd truck It was slow as balls (took like 10 seconds to get to 35-40 mph), but my driver was slamming each gear as he shifted and it looked like the tranny was going to break because of the horrible noises it made The whole time my driver was yelling "COMON!! SLOW MUDDERFACKERS HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

I'm suprised you did so well against the GT celica. Its not blazing fast but still a low 16sec car which is far better than a cavalier.....

anways, good race.... I love how the cavalier shakes and sounds like its putting 600whp to the ground but then you look at the scenery and you still going to same speed, lol
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

those are some beasts of a car you raced. lol the cav is one of the best street sleepers out.
    2005 WRX
    UTEC Stage 2 (Catless)

250.02 WHP
    249.27 WTQ
    Junior Tuned

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.