05 STi vs. Evo 8, WS6, and Civic

This is a discussion on 05 STi vs. Evo 8, WS6, and Civic within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok my friend has the 05 STi and couple of his air force buddies have nice cars. 2 of them ...

Thumbs up 05 STi vs. Evo 8, WS6, and Civic

Ok my friend has the 05 STi and couple of his air force buddies have nice cars. 2 of them wanted to go out for some runs so they rolled out to a long empty stretch of road. The first run was with the WS6 and it has an automatic transmission, he said he can't launch well but wants to still go from a dig. They line up and honk 3 times and go, my friend pulls about 5 or 6 car lengths to about 80 then the progress stopped. They went up to 130 and the WS6 started to make up some ground but they both shut down considering they were going fast enough.

2nd run was with the evo. The evo had tbe, intake, fuel pump, and one other small mod but I forgot what it was. My friend was nervous(sp?) for this run because this would be the first awd car he raced besides a lightly modded wrx and plus the eveo had mods. So after they talk about what mods the car had they line up and the WS6 does the 3 honks and they both launch perfectly and were side by side through first but in 2nd and 3rd my friend started to pull a little on the evo and by the time they shut down at 110 my friend had a good 1.5-2 car lead. The evo started to gain a little at the end so I am guessing his top end is a lot better than my friends stock sti.

3rd run was with a civic hatch with a b16 swap. One of the other guys called this guy up to see if he wanted to run an sti and he did. The civic doesn't want to go from a dig so they go from a 40mph roll which my friend says is right when 1st gear ends and 2nd gear starts. The civic pulls up to him and only honks once then takes off, my friend was caught off guard by only 1 honk so the civic got about a half a car length on him. After he gets the initial 1/2 a car he immidiately gets another car length really quick but when they hit 80 my friend started to gain the ground back and got dead even with him and then they shut down at about 110. After the run they pulled over and talked and not only did the guy have the b16 swap but he was spraying the NAWZZZZZZZZZZZ and that's why he got a quick 1 car length jolt in the beggining. The guy in the civic also said if he wasn't spraying or if they went from a dig he knows he would have lost.

All runs were with only the drivers in the car and these runs were in New Mexico and there is only 90 octane where my friend is stationed and they are at a little over 4000ft elevation. My friends STi is stock and one of the guys said STi's over there supposedly run like 14.1 stock and with intake and cat back they jump down to 13.2. Another one of my friends air force buddies wants to go to the track and run my friend and he has an srt-4 with supposedly 5 grand under the hood already and another 10 grand in mods he hasn't put on yet which he says is a stage 3 that will give him 500whp. I don't know to much about the srt-4 mod list but I never heard of a stage 3 let alone a 500whp kit, if anyone knows what that is please let me know.

Oh btw all these runs were actually taped but unfortunately I am in Cali and my friend is in New Mexico and he got rid of his internet and computer while back so there is no way he can post it. He is going to be coming back home when he gets his 2 week leave in may so maybe if he brings it I can post them.
    Last edited by TheReaper; 03-14-2005 at 01:14 AM.
    You might be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

good runs, but the EVO cant drive. And why on earth would someone would make a fuelpump there first mod i'm speechless.

staton
    The Beginning is the End is the Beginning
    --
    Provehito In Altum

If the kid with the srt-4 is talking about the mopar stage 3 kit it makes 310hp on pump and 350 on 100 octane and it doesn't cost $10000 either.

nice runs
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?