STi vs new vette - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

This is a discussion on STi vs new vette within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; HOLY POOP THAT WAS A LONG NOVEL!!! I am not even gona read it. I guess I am flattered you ...

HOLY POOP THAT WAS A LONG NOVEL!!! I am not even gona read it. I guess I am flattered you spent your whole afternoon trying to thwart me?

My point is simple, RUN THE STI, quit dancing around the subject. The times it runs is a direct result on the power it makes. Jesus man how insecure are you?

I stand by my statement, Tranny loss is not as uniform as you think, sorry to DISAGREE WITH YOU, you can copy as many links as you want and hook up as many Neon lights on your Showcars, it does not change the fact that..

1. I do no tbelieve a 20% loss
    2. I do not believe a constant 20% loss to inflate crank numbers
    3. I have no idea how you think a trap has nothing to do with power
    4. Run teh STI, when it traps at 108-109 try to make excuses then.

Thanks for the space.
    Last edited by TSi AWD; 03-21-2005 at 01:53 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TSi AWD
    Yes, wheel WHP does, bu we KNOW WHP, and someone is assuming 400 CRANK

I said it has less Crank HP and it probably does, like I said before my magical Dynojet magicaly read a 15% loss, a full 5%. Trap does ALOT to indicate the cars WHP and CRANK. Look at a Vette, 350 Crank, 108 trap on the MONEY. 400HP? trap at 114? some people may get an IDEA of the trap based on crnak HP, if you havew 400, in a STI it better break 110MPH, run the car, a trap will tell.

Nobody is dumb enough to assume that, I see the point you are trying to make and it is a lil weak.
    No man you are comparing apples to oranges here. There is no scientific support for your theory.

You're saying 350 crank hp in a vette will give it 108. Well what's the wheel horsepower in the vette?

Subaru's WILL lose more power due to AWD loss so to get the same trap our wheel horsepower may be near the same but our CRANK must be higher because we lose more through the drivetrain. This means 310 whp in a vette = 350 chp but 310 whp in a STi = 400 chp. It's not that difficult of a concept to grasp. Provided the two cars had identical weight, gearing, traction, driver skill, powerband, etc. the two cars will be the same time because the WHP is what power is put to the ground...where it counts. I have no idea how you can't understand this.

There are SO many factors in a 1/4 mile race. Trap is no indication at all on CRANK hp. Not even close. At all. It's close to WHP only.

Things that affect a 1/4 mile:

Traction
    Weight of Vehicle
    Powerband range
    Gearing
    WHP
    WTQ
    Atmospheric conditions

Crank hp means nothing. At all. I'm dumbfounded that you still don't see this.
    05 Crystal Gray STi
    304 hp 353 lbs on 92 octane ------> Mustang Dyno
    12.6 @ 109.2 > new numbers coming soon.

You're saying 350 crank hp in a vette will give it 108. Well what's the wheel horsepower in the vette?
    300 according to a DYNO jet, oh wait how much WHP do you have, how much MPH did you trap at? Whoops did I just makes sense

Crank hp means nothing. At all. I'm dumbfounded that you still don't see this.
    You are missing the point and you are arguing something stupid to make yourself sound smart. I assumed a reasonable drivetrain loss ( my fault and left the door open to stupid reasoning, MY FAULT), anywhere between 12% and 35%, your 98% theory is great, good job

Example of trapspeed increasing by 2mph, just by shifting at different points. Is this car somehow making more crank HP on an engine dyno or more whp on a chassis dyno? Of course not, that's why you can't base hp soley off trapspeeds.http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showpo...30&postcount=1

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

You are scraping the bottom of the barrel.

What I know is this, last I ran I had 300WHP, so did a vette and the Silver Scooby above. WE ALL tapped at 108 except for him missing 6whp, that is pretty consistent don't you agree? Weights are around 3100 pounds for all 3 cars.

3 different cars with 3 different power bands and gearing all traping with 1mph of each other.

HOLY POOP THAT WAS A LONG NOVEL!!! I am not even gona read it.
    Why am I not surprised? LMFAO

My point is simple, RUN THE STI, quit dancing around the subject. The times it runs is a direct result on the power it makes. Jesus man how insecure are you?
    All of your points are simple. And also incorrect... I just gave an example above of the same car running trap speeds that are 2mph different, merely based on shiftpoints. Does that show that it makes different power? Of course not. It shows that you are wrong.

I stand by my statement, Tranny loss is not as uniform as you think, sorry to DISAGREE WITH YOU, you can copy as many links as you want and hook up as many Neon lights on your Showcars, it does not change the fact that..
    I have no showcars, and no neon lights. If you're stooping so low as to try to insult my vehicles, it just illustrates your lackluster level of intelligence and inability to hold your own in a debate.
    1. I do no tbelieve a 20% loss
    2. I do not believe a constant 20% loss to inflate crank numbers
    3. I have no idea how you think a trap has nothing to do with power
    4. Run teh STI, when it traps at 108-109 try to make excuses then.
    If you'd bother to take the time to read and understand what I've been saying, then you'd understand. But if you take an ignorant person and add laziness, you end up with someone who will never improve himself. I'm perfectly willing to accept that I might be wrong and that you are correct, but I haven't seen you give me anything solid to go on.

Thanks for the space.
    Sorry that God put so much of it between your ears.
    Last edited by Dan00Hawk; 03-21-2005 at 02:12 PM.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

I Support ClubWRX
    Even if you have it set to 15PSI, the turbo may have to spin what is normally 20PSI to pump it in. .
    That right there says it all. You aren't even worth having an intellectual conversation with if you continue with rediculous statements like this. Besides the fact that everytime someone calls you out on your bs, you persist in trying to make into a personal attack. Now lets talk about percieved insecurity vs actual insecurity...oh wait..it ain't the facts that count with you...it's whatever you believe. Whatever dude. Get educated.

ps...I appreciate the non-reply on my warning to you earlier. That alone demonstrated the maturity factor we are dealing with here.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

I Support ClubWRX
    I apologize to all those I've wasted time with by reading this thread. I realize I got a bit defensive, and in some cases, responded in a non-level headed manner. I'm ready to close this thread? Anyone agree? 3 Yes votes and it's closed.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

300 according to a DYNO jet, oh wait how much WHP do you have, how much MPH did you trap at? Whoops did I just makes sense

Lol you just proved my point and you don't even know it.

300 whp for me = 108
    300 whp for the vette = 108
    Like I said before. WHP = TRAP. Thanks for proving my point.

RWD has one set of gears so it looses 50 crank hp through the drivetrain so the vette has 350 chp
    AWD has two sets of gears so it looses 100 crank hp through the drivetrain so the STi has 400 chp.

I'm pretty sure my 14 year old sister could understand this concept.

Edit: Go ahead and close this b down. What I just said completely destroyed his arguement so no point in hearing him attempt to prove that the world doesn't exist.
    Last edited by scooby24; 03-21-2005 at 04:12 PM.
    05 Crystal Gray STi
    304 hp 353 lbs on 92 octane ------> Mustang Dyno
    12.6 @ 109.2 > new numbers coming soon.

thanks scooby24 and dan00hawk i now understand the whole drivetrain loss thing - it was actually very informative that you guys argued cause it made you go more into depth about it and now im informed so i can knock on these people who dont know what they're talking bout - thanks for the knowledge

oh sorry vote 2 on closing it

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678