STi vs new vette - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on STi vs new vette within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Digitalfiend Well this could have happened, especially if the C6 was an auto, caught in the wrong ...

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalfiend
    Well this could have happened, especially if the C6 was an auto, caught in the wrong gear (for a manual) and/or couldn't find traction. Ybnormal was also already accelerating around him, giving him the advantage.
    He said in his post he heard the Vette "hammer it". A C6 that "hammers it" from a roll against an STi is gonna get ahead of it or at the very least keep pace with it, there is no way he "screamed by"
    Last edited by mball; 03-14-2005 at 10:56 AM.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by WRXcelration
    nice run

If that isn't tru??!!!

LOL at the people calling BS.

You guys are dumb. What's the point of posting a kill story if you are just lying?

When I raced the C6 we both had passengers and he only put a car by 100. I can definately see if I didn't have a passenger I would have at least been even. YB's car is putting down a hell of a lot of power and torque on his car is nuts. It is VERY possible that he walked a C6. Corvettes do well because they have power and are moderately light. You start adding passengers and a full tank of gas and the car loses it's advantage.
    05 Crystal Gray STi
    304 hp 353 lbs on 92 octane ------> Mustang Dyno
    12.6 @ 109.2 > new numbers coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by fastwrx135
    But they were racing from a roll and the consensus seems to lean towards the opinion that, racing from a "roll", takes no skill.
    it usually doesnt, im just saying guy didnt think much of sti might not of gotten into proper gear and might not of even shifted at the right points on purpose thinking he would pull away either way but didnt.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Shifting at the right points (6k) will give you 2 mph higher trap than shifting at redline which most people think is where you should shift so racing from a roll DOES take some skill...you at least gotta know where to shift to do well.

PS. before you kids call BS on me. I have about 10 timeslips from the track yesterday to show my evidence.
    05 Crystal Gray STi

interesting.........

I am not going to call a BS on this seeing as you are an excellent driver and there are several factors that could have led to winning. so good race!

just please dont be one of those people that go around thinking they can beat all C6 vettes, because if both cars had equally skilled drivers you would have gotten walked on. Your car trapped just short of 104mph stock, and now you are cobb stageII. There is no way that your stageII made up for 9 - 10 mph in your traps. As I said good race, but as I am sure you are aware you beat the driver, your STi did not beat the C6.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I say nice race. I think it is possible. I pulled a c5 the other night driving home fromwork on 95, same speed range too. I am not tuned yet and have no idea where I am hp wise but depending on gearing/speed and driving, it is posible, and even probable.

-Matt

I believe it. I raced an STi with almost as much power as his. I got creamed.
    Anyway if they went over 100mph the vette would pass the STi.
    20/30mph roll>80mph with that much horse in the STi. I believe it.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

IDK especially from a roll.

C6 Vette traps at 114MPH, the STI Traps at 108 I am guessing maybe 110 at the most.

If it was an Auto, it woulda been easy for him to win. My guess is that you caught him off guard and maybe he had to downshift. That right there is like 2 secs so you can easilly hold him off.

Good run

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    Had a run in today on the way to the airport with a brand new vette....the one with the covered lights (C6???)
    C5 has the pop-up headlights and C6 has the exposed headlight modules.

J-H
    Quote Originally Posted by WRXcelration
    nice run
    Keep it up

My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

Quote Originally Posted by TSi AWD
    IDK especially from a roll.

C6 Vette traps at 114MPH, the STI Traps at 108 I am guessing maybe 110 at the most.

If it was an Auto, it woulda been easy for him to win. My guess is that you caught him off guard and maybe he had to downshift. That right there is like 2 secs so you can easilly hold him off.

Good run
    It's not about absolute trap speed either. This race went from 30mph to 80mph, which is well short of a 1/4 mile. A stg 2 STi might very well be as fast as a C6 during short sprints due to the gearing. Perhaps a strong stg 2 STi is faster from a low roll than you guys think? Past 80mph that C6 probably would have blown by the STi, similar to what happens on a track. The fact that the STi was already accelerating faster than the C6 before the driver "hit it" (since yb was pulling around him), makes a difference too.

It's not always as simple as saying car A traps higher than car B so it should always, and in every instance, be faster.

BTW I don't believe anyone here thinks a stg 2 STi is faster than a C6 on an even run.
    2005 Aspen White STi

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalfiend
    It's not about absolute trap speed either. This race went from 30mph to 80mph, which is well short of a 1/4 mile. A stg 2 STi might very well be as fast as a C6 during short sprints due to the gearing. Perhaps a strong stg 2 STi is faster from a low roll than you guys think? Past 80mph that C6 probably would have blown by the STi, similar to what happens on a track. The fact that the STi was already accelerating faster than the C6 before the driver "hit it" (since yb was pulling around him), makes a difference too.

It's not always as simple as saying car A traps higher than car B so it should always, and in every instance, be faster.

BTW I don't believe anyone here thinks a stg 2 STi is faster than a C6 on an even run.
    I have my money on the stage 2 Sti>through the 1/4 mile. It would take a very good driver in the vette to hit the 12.7@114 the magazine's state the new C6 runs. Yb what do you think your STi is running in the 1/4 mile??
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

I'm stage 2 and I ran 12.6. YB ran a 12.9x stock. I'm sure he's sub 12.5
    05 Crystal Gray STi

Quote Originally Posted by TurboWill
    I have my money on the stage 2 Sti>through the 1/4 mile. It would take a very good driver in the vette to hit the 12.7@114 the magazine's state the new C6 runs. Yb what do you think your STi is running in the 1/4 mile??
    you are incorrect. That time of 12.7 is actually pretty average for the C6. Enthusiests are getting times as low as 12.3/12.4 stock with the car, and an average time for a "pretty good" driver is about 12.6
    I think the STi in stageII with YBnormal driving could take the C6 in the 1/4 by a car or 2, but from a roll without a launch on the STi's part this was a circumstance of YB beating the C6 driver, not the STi beating the C6.
    there is a large difference.
    driver vs drivers and machine vs machine are two completely different aspects
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.