WRX vs. Mazda6

This is a discussion on WRX vs. Mazda6 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I bought my WRX about 2 months ago and I hadn't raced anybody yet until this weekend. My brother has ...

WRX vs. Mazda6

I bought my WRX about 2 months ago and I hadn't raced anybody yet until this weekend. My brother has a Mazda6 V6 5spd and I followed him to his house on Friday night. I kinda figured that from a roll he would take me or atleast stay with me. The only problem was that I was behind him and there was no lane to pass so keep that in mind, I couldn' go until he went or I would hit him...anyway...

first run - we slowed down to about 15 (there was a car making a right hand turn in front of my brother) I got stuck in second gear and then he hit it, he jumped out to about a 5 car length lead, but as soon as I was in boost I started gaining, and when I went into 3rd I started making progress and got to within 1 or 2 car lengths before we shut it down around 80-90

second run - We were at a stop light (me behind him)...I knew he was going to go so I was ready... as soon as he went I got on it, I had to shift at 4000RPM because I was going to nail him if I didn't, If I was side of side, it probably would have been pretty bad for him...

end result - wrx is definately faster from the hole(nothing new), but I was also faster then I thought I would be in 3rd gear compared to him...I'm sure we will have lots of runs as we see each other all the time, hopefully we can line up next to each other next time.
    2013 WRX SWP

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    You will kick his ass in a real race.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red