Lost to an SRT-4 from a roll... (STi)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Lost to an SRT-4 from a roll... (STi) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I ran into a very nicely modified WRX and SRT-4 last night. I am almost positive that they were cruising ...

Lost to an SRT-4 from a roll... (STi)

I ran into a very nicely modified WRX and SRT-4 last night. I am almost positive that they were cruising together when they came up on me. I was pretty excited because it was about to be my first real race in the STi since I got it in December.

Basically, the fact that an SRT-4 was playing around with me made me feel pretty certain I was in for a loss, but I didn't care about that, I was just excited for some action. We went down main street in Newark, then eventually made a U-turn and found a nice empty stretch ahead of us.

I don't remember who went first, as there was no honking involved, but I think I waited for him to gas it so I didnt screw it up. Well anyway, he put the gas down and took off like a bat out of hell... my boost picked up and I tagged along at his rear door, but he was inching on me the entire time.

The race was pretty quick, I dont know if we went any more then from 20mph - 80mph... but he had the lead the whole time, and if we went to 120, I am unsure what type of distance he would have on me. At the end of the race we talked briefly at a light. He asked if I was stock, I said yes, then I asked him what he had done and he said "A lot of work"... so that made me feel better. He seemed like a really nice guy and had a really nice looking and mean sounding blue srt-4.

Anyway, I feel like the STi did pretty well, especially since it hung in there better then I had expected it to. I hit the shifts really well, and it was a great race. Now I need to get this downpipe in that has been sitting in my kitchen, but who knows how long it will be before I get around to that!

OT: The wrx cruising with the SRT was a really nice metallic orange color with a "Faction Racing" decal on the back window, STi style wing and bugeye headlights (also had plenty of other decals). If you are on this board, beautiful car .
    Patrick
    2004 Java Black STi
    COBB Stage II
    Invidia G200 Exhaust
    Helix Catted downpipe
    K+N Typhoon Intake
    Tanabe GF210 Springs

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice run. There is no shame in losing a race, especially when the other car is well modded. To hold you off and continue inching away he must have been trapping around 103/104 or so which means he was probably running some pretty decent mods.
    This is just an excuse to go for some mods
    its time for a TBE and Utec
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

^^^
    Exactly, no shame. Just reason to mod your car
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Yep. I dont mind at all, first real race, and from what I now found out, I am happy with the results.

According to YBNormal, this is the same guy who he raced just after he went COBB stage 2.

Like I said... the DP is sitting in my kitchen waiting to be installed.
    Patrick
    2004 Java Black STi
    COBB Stage II
    Invidia G200 Exhaust
    Helix Catted downpipe
    K+N Typhoon Intake
    Tanabe GF210 Springs

hey that was me you raced. nice to know ur on the boards. thanks for the props. nice clean black sti too. yea me and the wrx were cruisin together (look up wickedwrx02 in a search for pics of his car). my car does have a bit done and i was also in the mist of workin with some fuel/boost mapping last night so it wasn't up to snuff. the car is a 04 with cai,mbc,catback, new wastegate actuator, stage i pcm, piggy back fuel controller, larger fmic and some other supporting mods. the car trapped 107 with out the larger fmic at 19psi. i installed the fmic earlier last week and was still getting the kinks out of the new boost/ fuel levels when we were running. the car was only boosting 15 i'm tuning it now for about 20. still working out all the bugs as of today but thats what makes cars so fun. see ya next time.
    Last edited by 2004NeonSRT4; 03-13-2005 at 01:59 PM.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Nice to see that you claimed a loss to the SRT. I have a lot of respect for those cars and I am waiting to get my ass handed to me by one. I have 341awhp so in the event I do get to run one, I would prefer to run it from a dig and then a roll. A lot of people will say it's just a Neon but the fact is it will beat anything in it's price range stock and then some, and they appear to be mod friendly.

Let me help you out man. Looks like you haven't been on today.....

Quote Originally Posted by WRXcelration
    nice run

Quote Originally Posted by crazycam31
    Let me help you out man. Looks like you haven't been on today.....

99 Cutlass - gone
    01 Integra GS-R bolt-ons - gone
    04 WRX stage 2+ - gone
    06 Infiniti G35 Coupe 6 spd - gone
    08 Mercedes E350 4matic Sport - lease turned in
    10 Mazdaspeed 3 SRI/Test Pipe - Current

Quote Originally Posted by jdillen
    Im.... confused.
    Thanks though It was fun.
    Patrick
    2004 Java Black STi
    COBB Stage II
    Invidia G200 Exhaust
    Helix Catted downpipe
    K+N Typhoon Intake
    Tanabe GF210 Springs

Quote Originally Posted by Padge
    Like I said... the DP is sitting in my kitchen waiting to be installed.
    you really have no where else to put it? haha
    04 PSM WRX Wgn
    now feat. GREENIES

Quote Originally Posted by Padge
    Im.... confused.
    Thanks though It was fun.
    crazycam31 posted what WRXcelration says in every damn wrx vs. the world post. I found it comical...it was a bit off topic, sorry about that

Good run btw!
    99 Cutlass - gone
    01 Integra GS-R bolt-ons - gone
    04 WRX stage 2+ - gone
    06 Infiniti G35 Coupe 6 spd - gone
    08 Mercedes E350 4matic Sport - lease turned in
    10 Mazdaspeed 3 SRI/Test Pipe - Current

Quote Originally Posted by Chipsahui2
    you really have no where else to put it? haha

hahah good point. I basically walked into my apartment, went in the kitchen with it, put it down and havent moved it since!
    Patrick
    2004 Java Black STi
    COBB Stage II
    Invidia G200 Exhaust
    Helix Catted downpipe
    K+N Typhoon Intake
    Tanabe GF210 Springs

stories like this is why I like this place more then nasioc. None of that my car is better e-thug crap. Nice death.

+1 for bad attitudes on Nasioc. And it sounds like if he was running at 20 psi instead of 15 it would not have been pretty. lol. Sweet cars/

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCity_WRX
    And it sounds like if he was running at 20 psi instead of 15 it would not have been pretty. lol.
    Agreed
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCity_WRX
    Sweet cars
    and agreed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.