Lost to an SRT-4 from a roll... (STi) - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Lost to an SRT-4 from a roll... (STi) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Sweet race!! Cant wait for the weather to warmup and we can all hit the deck at KahunaVille this summer. ...

Sweet race!! Cant wait for the weather to warmup and we can all hit the deck at KahunaVille this summer. I'm really looking forward to brining the EVO up, and hanging out again. Im free most of the time if you guys ever wanna meet up.

staton
    The Beginning is the End is the Beginning
    --
    Provehito In Altum

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCity_WRX
    +1 for bad attitudes on Nasioc. And it sounds like if he was running at 20 psi instead of 15 it would not have been pretty. lol. Sweet cars/
    i agree with that too...

nasioc is good for getting straight information - if you have the patience to wade though the BS, but not much else...
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

I run a guy around here in a Stage 1 SRT and some other small stuff. Pretty much, every race is different. I dynod 290whp and 325 tq, and I don't "walk him" so to speak. I don't know if a slight pinging is affecting the outcome (flashing "check engine" light), but he has come out ahead on more than one occasion. That's the way it is sometimes. Win some, lose some.

Quote Originally Posted by olsaltybastard
    I run a guy around here in a Stage 1 SRT and some other small stuff. Pretty much, every race is different. I dynod 290whp and 325 tq, and I don't "walk him" so to speak. I don't know if a slight pinging is affecting the outcome (flashing "check engine" light), but he has come out ahead on more than one occasion. That's the way it is sometimes. Win some, lose some.

does the blinking cel cause the sti like wrx to send the pcm into limp mode? here by it only runs a very safe fuel mapping/timing and does not allow the map to learn at all to your driving? if the car is pinging you either have to much boost or the oct of your gas isn't high enough. running 93+? toss some race gas at for the heck of it and see what it does for your pinging.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

I think the slight pinging is partially due to the cold weather. I'm running Sunoco 94 octane, so the fuel is good. If I'm not mistaken, when the computer detects pinging, it pulls the timing back to stop it. The car doesn't go into limp mode or anything. I'm running a UTEC tuned by Dan at Godspeed. If I knew what I was doing, I'd go into the map and pull some timing out of the top end.

Nice run. I finally beat my first SRT earlier this week...after losing to many. Im not sure if this one was stock or not....but I was stoked to pull a car length with my Cobb 2.5.

Fast li'l ride

Yeah, the srt-4 is no punk! I've had friends give me the ol' "it's just a neon" saying too, they just don't have a clue. Have they come out with their factory stage 3 upgrade option yet? The last time I looked, it was supposed to offer up 300hp and 300 ft/lbs, a switch you could engage if you were using 100+ octane gas and all under factory warranty because it's a factory upgrade option.

Quote Originally Posted by T_rex_PAUL
    Yeah, the srt-4 is no punk! I've had friends give me the ol' "it's just a neon" saying too, they just don't have a clue. Have they come out with their factory stage 3 upgrade option yet? The last time I looked, it was supposed to offer up 300hp and 300 ft/lbs, a switch you could engage if you were using 100+ octane gas and all under factory warranty because it's a factory upgrade option.
    Yes, it's out now.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

the downpipe is in now and I will briefly be cruising Newark again tonite
    Patrick
    2004 Java Black STi
    COBB Stage II
    Invidia G200 Exhaust
    Helix Catted downpipe
    K+N Typhoon Intake
    Tanabe GF210 Springs

Quote Originally Posted by Padge
    the downpipe is in now and I will briefly be cruising Newark again tonite

ready to go again?
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

you going tonight? What setup will you be using?

I would like to go from a dig as well as a roll, although I still have never tried launching
    Patrick
    2004 Java Black STi
    COBB Stage II
    Invidia G200 Exhaust
    Helix Catted downpipe
    K+N Typhoon Intake
    Tanabe GF210 Springs

I Support ClubWRX
    Its just a neon

Quote Originally Posted by Padge
    you going tonight? What setup will you be using?

I would like to go from a dig as well as a roll, although I still have never tried launching

well as seeing as its 9 on sat night and i'm here and not there means i won't make it. i actually took a road trip to my gfs house this weekend (3hrs the wrong way). also the car gave me some trouble on the way up that needs some more tending too. (i think i fouled a plug) i'm sure i'll see ya around we can go both ways. a roll and a dig. if ya need a hand with your awd launch i can give some "in person tips". (drove a 02 wrx before my srt). just a heads up for this summer plans are downpipe,coilovers, 350whp pump gas turbo kit, slicks, low 12 sec time slips. later.
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

I tried talking my GF into an SRT-4 but she got the SXT instead.. Oh well leaves more money for my mods.

I spanked a SRT-4 with my Durango.. It wasn't even close. He had traction problems.. It might have been the 3 inch of snow on the ground..

Quote Originally Posted by WRX-ERROR
    I tried talking my GF into an SRT-4 but she got the SXT instead.. Oh well leaves more money for my mods.

I spanked a SRT-4 with my Durango.. It wasn't even close. He had traction problems.. It might have been the 3 inch of snow on the ground..
    yeah that would do it, lol
    How much of a price difference was the sxt compared to the srt?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast