Getting ready for dyno...few questions

This is a discussion on Getting ready for dyno...few questions within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I want to get my car on the dyno to see what numbers I can get with this cobb setup. ...

Question Getting ready for dyno...few questions

I want to get my car on the dyno to see what numbers I can get with this cobb setup. I was thinking about going to Slowboy here in Pittsburgh. http://www.slowboyracing.com/dyno.htm . I am pretty sure that is a new dyno for them. I am def changing to stock BOV but:

1. Has anyone heard anything good/bad about Slowboy?
    2. How can I prepare my car for dyno?
    3. Will they let me run w/o axleback? Should I if they do?
    4. Any recomendations about other dynos in this area?
    5. Any misc tips I should know/ask them before making appointment?

Thank you

important info:

02 WRX Cobb 2.5
    Helix up and down
    stock axleback
    TurboXS RFL BOV
    oil changed to Mobil 1 Synthetic about 1500 miles ago
    tranny has exxon superflo
    original spark plugs
    I am pretty sure original air filter
    Removed heat shield

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I just emailed them asking about getting a custom map for my accessport. If they can do this, would it be worth it to me to:

1. Get a more mild tune instead of a conservative one?
    2. Get it tuned to use my AEM Ram air intake I just have lying around?

I would not personally use the intake.... I threw mine on my stg 2.5 took it around the block to compare and I def lost power. I never noticed it at stg 2 though.... (I was using the Injen map though)

As for preparing, check your fluids and tire pressures. The axleback you may have to call because they are going to need to get the wideband into your exhaust. This might not pose a problem on a FWD car but since they will be using the rear rollers it might be dangerous having the cord lying back there. Also, unless you are running a K&N or similar oil based filter you should really replace your air filter

EDIT- Also, if you are getting tuned you would want to get tuned how you are going to drive the car.... i.e. with the axleback on.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by crazycam31
    I would not personally use the intake.... I threw mine on my stg 2.5 took it around the block to compare and I def lost power. I never noticed it at stg 2 though.... (I was using the Injen map though)

As for preparing, check your fluids and tire pressures. The axleback you may have to call because they are going to need to get the wideband into your exhaust. This might not pose a problem on a FWD car but since they will be using the rear rollers it might be dangerous having the cord lying back there. Also, unless you are running a K&N or similar oil based filter you should really replace your air filter

EDIT- Also, if you are getting tuned you would want to get tuned how you are going to drive the car.... i.e. with the axleback on.
    What he said. Also, unless they've purchased the vendor Access Tuner from Cobb (which I'm not sure is even out yet) they won't be able to provide you with a custom map.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

So just change the Filter and I am set?