05/06? Black Nissan Maxima

This is a discussion on 05/06? Black Nissan Maxima within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ran with a black Nissan Maxima as I headed down to school. There were 2 younger girls in the car ...

05/06? Black Nissan Maxima

Ran with a black Nissan Maxima as I headed down to school. There were 2 younger girls in the car about my age, and I was alone with all the crap I was carrying for college. Anyways, they wanted to play around and we both hit it around 30 or so. I instantly started pulling and by 90 or so I was about 3 cars ahead. I was surprised they kept up as well as they did, pretty damn fast car if you ask me. It was the 3.5 SE version, not sure how much horse they have but it was no slouch. I also think it was an automatic, since I didn't notice gear changes. Fun race .

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby D
    Ran with a black Nissan Maxima as I headed down to school. There were 2 younger girls in the car about my age, and I was alone with all the crap I was carrying for college. Anyways, they wanted to play around and we both hit it around 30 or so. I instantly started pulling and by 90 or so I was about 3 cars ahead. I was surprised they kept up as well as they did, pretty damn fast car if you ask me. It was the 3.5 SE version, not sure how much horse they have but it was no slouch. I also think it was an automatic, since I didn't notice gear changes. Fun race .
    nice run. Contrary to what many people believe the maxima is no slouch at all. The new version that you ran (6th gen) is a bit slower than the 3.5 2k2/2k3 (5.5gen). The auto typically runs high 14's and traps around 95mph. If you are stock you did pretty damn well The 6spds are a bit faster at more mid 14's (14.5-14.7) and trap around 97mph or so. The 5.5's in 6spd form are known to run 14.3-14.6 and trap around 98+ with a decent driver though.

were the girlies hot?
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Heh. Ya i am not stock. I have uppipe/downpipe/MBC @ 16 psi/QTEC cutout. I hat my qtec wide open, they were definitely sort of surprised by the hideously loud sound coming out of nowhere, lol. The girlies were cute . They kept trying to play with me afterwards, but I was in a hurry to get back to school so I didn't feel like rolling down the window and conversing. I am surprised it kept up so well. I raced a 02 SS not too long ago and he was only able to pull 1-2 cars on me from 50-130 (auto). Regardless though, I did pull pretty hard on the maxima, I definitely was doing more than just inching away . Nice ride though, looked sharp!

Heh. Ya i am not stock. I have uppipe/downpipe/MBC @ 16 psi/QTEC cutout. I hat my qtec wide open, they were definitely sort of surprised by the hideously loud sound coming out of nowhere, lol. The girlies were cute . They kept trying to play with me afterwards, but I was in a hurry to get back to school so I didn't feel like rolling down the window and conversing. I am surprised it kept up so well. I raced a 02 SS not too long ago and he was only able to pull 1-2 cars on me from 50-130 (auto). Regardless though, I did pull pretty hard on the maxima, I definitely was doing more than just inching away . Nice ride though, looked sharp!
    1) SS must not have been giving it his all. he will trap about 6+mph higher than you, even in auto form. Td04 wrx is no match for an SS from a roll, especially at speeds of 130mph.

2) There is ALWAYS time to talk to the hot girlies..... shame on you
    Just call me Clark Kent

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    1) SS must not have been giving it his all. he will trap about 6+mph higher than you, even in auto form. Td04 wrx is no match for an SS from a roll, especially at speeds of 130mph.

2) There is ALWAYS time to talk to the hot girlies..... shame on you
    Heh...the SS gave it his all. It was convertible, he had 1 extra passenger. We did like 5 runs. Then we pulled over and talked, then I turned up my boost some more and went again...hahah. It was an SS and he was giving it his all. He told me he was impressed especially by my exhaust (qtec). Cool dudes.

ahh, convertible.. weak.

Stock auto Vertible runs 13.9 at 104
    2011 SWP 5 door WRX LIMITED

nice run by the way... The maxima is a "fairly" quick car. I have an auto 5.5 gen. bone stock from a 50 roll, id walk from my wrx in stock form. The VQ is a nice little powerhouse... i put down a a red wagon comin out of an I-pass lane (30mph).. some middle age lady, it was manual though!

Quote Originally Posted by Anzioblack44
    nice run by the way... The maxima is a "fairly" quick car. I have an auto 5.5 gen. bone stock from a 50 roll, id walk from my wrx in stock form. The VQ is a nice little powerhouse... i put down a a red wagon comin out of an I-pass lane (30mph).. some middle age lady, it was manual though!
    You should start modding. replace those crappy tires and your looking at 14.6's/14.7's
    Throw on a Ypipe, intake, catback and you can see solid 14.3's or so.
    Just call me Clark Kent

The girlies were cute .

ttiwwop

DTR, yea the tires are almost bald in 3000 miles ive had the car... ive scoped out a set of nitto's 450 series, one size up hopefully it will fix a little bit of the huge traction issue.

In a few weeks ill have tires, Cattman Ypipe, Grounding kit, K&N (want it quiet) and mobile 1 and maybe some new platinum plugs

that should freshen up the pull from 4k-redline.