Z vs. STi... WTB- DR's LOL
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Z vs. STi... WTB- DR's LOL within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well I just had my first encounter with an STi from a stop and uhhhh.. yeah, lets just say some ...

Z vs. STi... WTB- DR's LOL

Well I just had my first encounter with an STi from a stop and uhhhh.. yeah, lets just say some DR's wouldn't hurt

I was actually driving out to watch this STi race my friends SRT.. (which is slower than me) when we caught a redlight... I wasn't too thrilled that he was solo, while I had my 240 lb. roomate with me ... Light turned green and he knew how to ****ing launch that thing!!! <--1st time I've ran someone that knew what they were doing with AWD He put about 5-7 cars on me to 60 before I finally stopped his pull... but I wasn't pulling back either...(maybe without the roomate I could have inched..who knows..)

Not to complain, but my launch was probably a 5 out of 10, not that it would have made much difference...Talked to him before the race and he said he had intake and catback... (claimed it wasn't TBE and I believe him cause he was a cool guy) I have an 05' 6mt base 350Z with intake if you were wondering...

In conclusion... I don't think an n/a Z has any chance in hell against a well driven STi from a stop..from a roll it would probably be close tho Oh and he ripped my friends SRT apart afterwards too LOL..

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

AWD launch owns you Good race, I've yet to go against one.

Lol

Nothing new about the STI riping a new A-Hole in your Z and SRT from a Dig, thats a given if the STI owner knows how to launch!

Now how is your Z faster then the SRT? Is the SRT moded or stock? Stock for Stock its a Drivers race with the edge to the SRT (weight). This has been proven many times and they just about run identical times 1/4 mile wise. Not talkish ish, just Facts. You just made it sound like your Z is Way faster then the SRT which isn't
    Stg. 0
    -380hp & 437lbs-
    No NOS

nice run
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

Quote Originally Posted by SRT THIS
    Nothing new about the STI riping a new A-Hole in your Z and SRT from a Dig, thats a given if the STI owner knows how to launch!

Now how is your Z faster then the SRT? Is the SRT moded or stock? Stock for Stock its a Drivers race with the edge to the SRT (weight). This has been proven many times and they just about run identical times 1/4 mile wise. Not talkish ish, just Facts. You just made it sound like your Z is Way faster then the SRT which isn't
    My bad... didn't mean I was way faster than my buddies SRT... just a lil bit... He has TBE/CAI/TBody/hi-flows/ <- We are close till 80 then I pull a car or two... I've got vids of me pulling SRT's from a roll...they are usually a drivers race...wheather I got a freak Z or I only raced bad SRT drivers I can't say... All I know is he is in need of a tune.... His car isn't really any faster with those bolt on's than it was stock. (raced him 23908482390 times while we were both stock and got the same results) He also has a MBC sitting at home, so once he throws that on and gets a tune I'll be toast

BTW-he keeps tring the spring mod, and his ECU catches it like every 50 miles. or whenever he turns the car off.. 05 obd3..? It justcuts him back to stock boost...but he sees 18-20 psi for the 1st few uns.. <-hasn't successfully raced me while the boost is high tho..

Banned
    Any race is a good race.

At least you get races.I haven't had a race in about 9 months and I drive 70 miles a day round trip!!!!

****noticed the crimson ghost avatar....did you enjoy project 1950?....I did

nice run

awd 0wnz j000!!!!!
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by xdriven2004
    Any race is a good race.

At least you get races.I haven't had a race in about 9 months and I drive 70 miles a day round trip!!!!

****noticed the crimson ghost avatar....did you enjoy project 1950?....I did
    yeah man I lie it! Most people don't tho..Jerry has always been my favorite anyway, so it was sweet to see him sing something besides "monster mash" <--although they threw that on there too LOL.. I thik thats about it for them tho I saw them @ the greek theater a few months back, and there were no new songs...<--was sick tho.. they played everything from hybrid moments, to dig up her bones.. (even threw some ramones songs in there since marky is their drummer now.. Good to see a fellow fiend

How do you launch right in an wrx or sti? wats the trick?

Rev up to 5k, dump the clutch, kiss your 1st gear syncros goodbye.
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Quote Originally Posted by Trailboss
    Rev up to 5k, dump the clutch, kiss your 1st gear syncros goodbye.
    lol, thats the spirit! teach n00b's how to blow their transmission!

seriously though, to launch a wrx a thing of skill and balls. I use the word balls because every hard launch could be your last with that transmission. Ideally you want to rev up to around 4500rpm (5000-5500 if you REALLY have something to prove) and slip the clutch out until it begins to grap. Once you feel it grabbing and you are starting to lurch/lunge forward pull of the clutch and go WOT once actually moving. This is termed slipping the clutch. Others try the drop clutch method such as josh explained above but as he also mentioned, kiss your syncros and gear goodbye.
    I say to stick with launching around 4.5k though just to be safe
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

The only thing that seems to be breaking on STis are the left rear axles, typically right at the spline gear; it just shears right off where it connects to the axle. I don't think the STi is as susceptible to gear stripping due to the straighter cut gears. I would worry about the R180 and axles before the 6spd.

By the way, why would synchros strip when the gear is engaged? I thought it was the gear teeth that break on the 5spd?

I definitely find 4k-4.5k sufficient for a launch in a STi though.
    2005 Aspen White STi

nice run, did you ask him for a run off a roll?? me and you still gotta have some fun if your ever around here.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx
    nice run, did you ask him for a run off a roll?? me and you still gotta have some fun if your ever around here.
    I wanted to run him from a roll, just to see....but not with my friend in the car.. I knew I'd have my hands full from a roll even without a 240lb passenger I might run him again next weekend.. If I take out my spare/jack/tools, drop the tire pressure a lil, and have = amount of passengers I'm sure I''ll give him a much better run...<--yes I know I'll still lose

^yeah for sure!..we'll run em some day

did you get the new mods u were talking about on other thread?? i think u mentioned catback and test pipes?
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast