Z vs. STi... WTB- DR's LOL - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Z vs. STi... WTB- DR's LOL within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx did you get the new mods u were talking about on other thread?? i think u ...

Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx
    did you get the new mods u were talking about on other thread?? i think u mentioned catback and test pipes?
    I got the catback, but I didn't put it on....still debating.. The testpipes were always on, but are off now cause they sounded aweful and threw a CEL Just an intake now....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

my friends z also lost the nice exhaust note after his mods, but now that he took most of it off (except headers and intake) it sounds good again.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Nice race man, way to not back down even when the odds were stacked against you from a stop. The new Z's look cool and classy. I just wish the "350" would match the horsepower rating. I don't know why Nissan put out a car that is slower than the previous model. They should of kept the TT system in my opinion. Good luck if you race from a roll, post your results here if you do.

Your roommate definately slowed you down, next time open the passenger door and kick him out prior to a race
    95 Supra TT --BPU+ 420whp.
    05 Subaru STI --Cobb AP Stage 2 Protuned
    94 Integra GS-R --HIE/VTEC Controller.

Quote Originally Posted by garrettjj
    Nice race man, way to not back down even when the odds were stacked against you from a stop. The new Z's look cool and classy. I just wish the "350" would match the horsepower rating. I don't know why Nissan put out a car that is slower than the previous model. They should of kept the TT system in my opinion. Good luck if you race from a roll, post your results here if you do.

Your roommate definately slowed you down, next time open the passenger door and kick him out prior to a race
    haha yeah thanks man! I wish the 350's were TT Are they really slower tho stock for stock..?? Only one I've raced, I pulled, of course it could have been driver or bad comp/leak many thngs since they are old now.. Whats the best 1/4 time for a bone stock 300zxTT??? Yeah I can't wait to race one from a roll, I think it'll be pretty close....

i think if you race one stock on stock now you'll win because they are older. Tear and wear etc etc. But that show top gear in england. They did a comparison with old cars and new cars and it was old gti's new gti's ..350z and old 300zx tt and 300zx tt was quicker. I cant find vid now.

heres a link that compares them, best thing i could find right now. I know 350z's dip into high 13's but this is close enough. Drivers race but if you look at times all the way up to 150. 300zx seems to have better top end.

http://www.car-videos.com/performanc...D1=188&ID2=261

yeah it took nissan almost 10years to bring back a car just as fast as it's counter part. real big improvement. car is dead sexy and gets more chicks then all the 3 letters cars put together but left alot to be desired. especially for the price. file the new z and the rx8 in the "we almost got it right pile" along with the gto as well. although the new mustang seems to have hit the nail on the head for revamps and remodeling goes.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by DIE DIE
    Well I just had my first encounter with an STi from a stop and uhhhh.. yeah, lets just say some DR's wouldn't hurt

I was actually driving out to watch this STi race my friends SRT.. (which is slower than me) when we caught a redlight... I wasn't too thrilled that he was solo, while I had my 240 lb. roomate with me ... Light turned green and he knew how to ****ing launch that thing!!! <--1st time I've ran someone that knew what they were doing with AWD He put about 5-7 cars on me to 60 before I finally stopped his pull... but I wasn't pulling back either...(maybe without the roomate I could have inched..who knows..)

Not to complain, but my launch was probably a 5 out of 10, not that it would have made much difference...Talked to him before the race and he said he had intake and catback... (claimed it wasn't TBE and I believe him cause he was a cool guy) I have an 05' 6mt base 350Z with intake if you were wondering...

In conclusion... I don't think an n/a Z has any chance in hell against a well driven STi from a stop..from a roll it would probably be close tho Oh and he ripped my friends SRT apart afterwards too LOL..

lesson for next time, when the opportunity for a race looms, give all excess weight the boot.... Don't try that with the girlfriend or wifey though, cus if you give her the boot and you win, you lost...

nice run
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

DIE DIE...

I looked at your photo album.

Nice car.

Nice Hog.
    2004 Java Black Pearl STI
    Shocks... Pegs... Lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by drfrink24
    DIE DIE...

I looked at your photo album.

Nice car.

Nice Hog.
    thanks bro!

thanks to everyone else for no flames

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4
    yeah it took nissan almost 10years to bring back a car just as fast as it's counter part. real big improvement. car is dead sexy and gets more chicks then all the 3 letters cars put together but left alot to be desired. especially for the price. file the new z and the rx8 in the "we almost got it right pile" along with the gto as well. although the new mustang seems to have hit the nail on the head for revamps and remodeling goes.
    I agree that Z's "can" be pricey... but if you get the base model like I did for $26 grand, it's a pretty good deal

well...........just found out that that STi has stage 1 upgrade ontop of the e/i!!!!!!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRR I want to find a stock STi to race

me??

me??
    haha sure! Send me a PM or somethin again..

I am pretty shocked that he had that tho... my opinion still stands that he was a cool guy... just that now he's a cool/sneaky guy LOL

lol sorry, i'm not stock anymore either.. stage 1 just means he had reflash..i have reflash + downpipe now ... i raced my friends z 40mph roll me in 3rd him in 2nd and still pulled.

lol sorry, i'm not stock anymore either.. stage 1 just means he had reflash..i have reflash + downpipe now ... i raced my friends z 40mph roll me in 3rd him in 2nd and still pulled.
    damn all you fawkers are sneaky! HAHA I would tell people I'm stock if I ws S2,3,4 whatever haha...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast