Cobb Stg2 and SRT4

This is a discussion on Cobb Stg2 and SRT4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Raced an SRT-4 tonight from a roll...did better than i had expected. I pulled past him before a light on ...

Cobb Stg2 and SRT4

Raced an SRT-4 tonight from a roll...did better than i had expected. I pulled past him before a light on a 3 lane road, i was in the right lane at the front and he was in the left lane 2 cars back with just a semi in between us. So the light changes and i pull away slowly up to about 40 (limit 50) and let him get past the semi and around the 2 cars. So nothing in front of us but a big stretch of road, he pulls next to me and i shoot forward and let off to see if he'd bite. wait for him to floor it and drop into 3rd (about 55-60) and floor it, we stayed dead even through 3rd (me at his back bumper), then after first 1/4 of 4th i start to pull ahead, shut down and hit breaks (traffic comming up) top-mid 4th with him at my back bumper. Tried to get next to him to give thumbs up but he had got ahead of me and we had caught up to traffic. Fun run, was deffinatly surprised to pull ahead up high, I'm only cobb stage2, cant wait to get the vf34 waiting in my bedroom into the car...just wish they'd ship me the injectors already...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Cool run...did he appear to be stock? Just curious as I'm at Cobb stg 2 too, but have yet to run into an SRT-4
    99 Cutlass - gone
    01 Integra GS-R bolt-ons - gone
    04 WRX stage 2+ - gone
    06 Infiniti G35 Coupe 6 spd - gone
    08 Mercedes E350 4matic Sport - lease turned in
    10 Mazdaspeed 3 SRI/Test Pipe - Current

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by 04wrx4keeps
    Raced an SRT-4 tonight from a roll...did better than i had expected. I pulled past him before a light on a 3 lane road, i was in the right lane at the front and he was in the left lane 2 cars back with just a semi in between us. So the light changes and i pull away slowly up to about 40 (limit 50) and let him get past the semi and around the 2 cars. So nothing in front of us but a big stretch of road, he pulls next to me and i shoot forward and let off to see if he'd bite. wait for him to floor it and drop into 3rd (about 55-60) and floor it, we stayed dead even through 3rd (me at his back bumper), then after first 1/4 of 4th i start to pull ahead, shut down and hit breaks (traffic comming up) top-mid 4th with him at my back bumper. Tried to get next to him to give thumbs up but he had got ahead of me and we had caught up to traffic. Fun run, was deffinatly surprised to pull ahead up high, I'm only cobb stage2, cant wait to get the vf34 waiting in my bedroom into the car...just wish they'd ship me the injectors already...
    Nice Run Bro
    Stg. 0
    -380hp & 437lbs-
    No NOS

I figure he was probably stock or close to (maybe like mopar stg1 or something) It's really hard to tell with those cars. I've seen some that *look* completely stock and are really fast. Theres one guy that rolls around here with one that has the srt wing replaced with the stock base model wing...but hes also loud as hell, totaly catless and running a big turbo.

Still i was happy with the run even if it was stock those things are fast from a roll, especially since that means i would have rocked him from a stop pretty good. oh yea and there just the driver in both our cars...so no extra wieght either

nice kill, i can never tell if they are stock. The stock exhaust itself on srt4 is loud so i always see them around and have no clue. I had a similar expirience with a srt4 with my older rex(which was pretty much stage 2)...but i didnt get to talk to the guy....your right tho..he was stock or stage 1 at most. but of course if we ever run into those modded srt4's that look stock, we'll know it since they become monsters modded.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

nice kill man
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

shweet, good stuff.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD