WRX vs. 240 (s15 swap???)

This is a discussion on WRX vs. 240 (s15 swap???) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Me and 2 of my buddies were comming home from work one night crusing at 75 mph. We were on ...

WRX vs. 240 (s15 swap???)

Me and 2 of my buddies were comming home from work one night crusing at 75 mph. We were on the fast lane and came up to 3 nissan 240s that were on the slow lane. 1 was stock, 1 had body kit and the last one had a unfinish paint job. Well as soon as I passed them up, i noticed the last one came up fast tailing beside me. Right there I knew he wanted a piece of me. So I downshifted to 4th and waited for him and as soon as he pulled right beside me I took off and got a good car length infront of him then all of sudden i see him passing me sounded like a possible external wastgate??? and beat me by atleast 3 cars. I slowly crept up and beat him at 130 mph. I gave him thumbs up and he exited the freeway.

I have 2 friends that had a s15 swap in there 240. And I know that they top at 115mph. If it wasnt for their cap at 115, I think i would've lost bad....
    BlueWRX-7

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

so you started in 4'th, did you guys start racing > 90mph?

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    so you started in 4'th, did you guys start racing > 90mph?
    Close.. 80ish because it started a down hill grade. If i knew that it was that fast, I would have gone to 3rd. I thought it was going to be a breeze but he caught me by surprise.
    Last edited by Stasis; 03-11-2005 at 06:20 PM.
    BlueWRX-7