2005 WRX vs 1995 chevy cavilier - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 2005 WRX vs 1995 chevy cavilier within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Spinin4 Wow 200 smackers go and claim what is yours. ^glocks are sweet but i clould out ...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinin4
    Wow 200 smackers go and claim what is yours.

^glocks are sweet but i clould out shoot one with my HK any day of the week.
    Ones up your HK with a 220

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rpfride
    +1

I cant believe someone would put all that work into a car and still be slow....

You know its funny the kind of Elitist attitude many have, after all, its relative. An STi relative to a Saleen S7 is a slow stock car, why put so much money to run what the Saleen does stock. Kind of stupid, how people will mock the perserverance of other fellow auto enthusiasts.

When I had my Cavalier, the types of challenges I would get were of course not from C5's, or Cobra's. They were from other comparable cars.

Yes I spent almost 7grand extra on that car, to run what it did and look how it did. But perhaps what the nay-sayers will never understand is that I gained a great appreciation for what I have right now. I learned to rebuild engines, check tolerances, experement with A/F ratio's, timing and nitrous. I appreciate every minute I spent working on that car.

Besides a 14 second Cavalier will embarrass enough retards out there...
    2004 STi

Blitz DTT-DCII
    COBB Stage 2
    Invidia Catless DP
    HKS Hiper Cat-back
    Greddy: EGT, Boost, Oil Press Gauges
    Perrin Oil Catch Can

Quote Originally Posted by LukeWRX
    You know its funny the kind of Elitist attitude many have, after all, its relative. An STi relative to a Saleen S7 is a slow stock car, why put so much money to run what the Saleen does stock. Kind of stupid, how people will mock the perserverance of other fellow auto enthusiasts.

...especially since this is what modifying and being an auto enthusiast is all about. Striving to improve your ride based on your standards.

When I had my Cavalier, the types of challenges I would get were of course not from C5's, or Cobra's. They were from other comparable cars.

Yes I spent almost 7grand extra on that car, to run what it did and look how it did. But perhaps what the nay-sayers will never understand is that I gained a great appreciation for what I have right now. I learned to rebuild engines, check tolerances, experement with A/F ratio's, timing and nitrous. I appreciate every minute I spent working on that car.

I agree with you. I give you props on what you did with your Cavalier. Don't let these other people discourage you. They just like talking out of their asses.
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

I also agree with you . But an sti to saleen is not a fair comparison price wise. Its just IMO, spending $10k on an economy car to get to the level of a wrx or other comp. priced "performance" car is silly. BUT like stated, you had a good experience and alot of fun. Thats what its all about. fwiw, i realy like the z24's.

I in no way meant to belittle youre accomplishment. Sorry.

fastwrx135, "They just like talking out of their asses." What are you saying? ( ban ?)

Hehe, gotta respect those slow cars that soup themselves up to run with the bigger dogs.

I remember a while back in Turbo and High-Tech magazine where there was a 12 second Turbo Toyota Paseo smoking some Vettes/Camaros/Supras at the track.
    95 Supra TT --BPU+ 420whp.
    05 Subaru STI --Cobb AP Stage 2 Protuned
    94 Integra GS-R --HIE/VTEC Controller.

Quote Originally Posted by rpfride
    I also agree with you . But an sti to saleen is not a fair comparison price wise. Its just IMO, spending $10k on an economy car to get to the level of a wrx or other comp. priced "performance" car is silly. BUT like stated, you had a good experience and alot of fun. Thats what its all about. fwiw, i realy like the z24's.

I in no way meant to belittle youre accomplishment. Sorry.

fastwrx135, "They just like talking out of their asses." What are you saying? ( ban ?)
    Ban for what?? I only wrote that "word" because i thought this site had the swear blocker. I figured it would of been all stars.

rpfride, are you trying to be smart with this comment??
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

You know people knock the Mazda Miata for the longest time till someone dropped a ford 5.0L with twin turbos on it making 450.. It's all about where you end not begin..

Quote Originally Posted by crazycam31
    Learn to launch. And get a downpipe...... and run it open for the race. Or just open turbo if you are a crazy mo fo. lol. I wonder if you could burn a hole in your firewall doing that??
    no i drove around like a jacka** for a while like that it was fine
    Last edited by EJsportDOTcom; 07-11-2005 at 01:27 PM.

im going to have to say that i agree with you too, a few buddies and i put a t4 turbo on a 99' grand am 3.4L and sad to say it will spank my car in a straight line. plus its what we learned that counts, and believe me we made enough mistakes to learn alot

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12