More automotive press spouting over SUVs...
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on More automotive press spouting over SUVs... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...237353-6487918 http://www.cjr.org/year/98/5/bradsher.asp http://www.auto.com/industry/ulrich19_20020919.htm -Jim...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I can't wait to get an Excursion

-Josh
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Originally posted by Trailboss516
    I can't wait to get an Excursion

-Josh
    I can. They'll just come out with a bigger one next year. Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid.

Oh Josh, please don't run over my WRX!!!

-Jim

How can you get BIGGER than the Excursion?!?!
    Also, Cadillac is making a BIGGER Escalade.

woohoo.......kinda.....

-Josh
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

I hate the whole, my SUV is bigger than your SUV crap. Like the size of the car you drive makes you a better person.
    All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand. - Steven Wright

Moderator, of the "Super" persuasion

Originally posted by WRXed
    I hate the whole, my SUV is bigger than your SUV crap. Like the size of the car you drive makes you a better person.
    course not! its the size of your turbo that makes you a better person!
    Like drinking poison. Like eating glass.

WRXed sed:
    I hate the whole, my SUV is bigger than your SUV crap
    Have you guys seen this?

http://poseur.4x4.org/futuresuv.html
    2002 WRX Sedan - 2000 Mazda Miata
    Do us all a favor: work on learning how to drive your car before adding more power. Pretty please.

Originally posted by AutoXJunkie

Have you guys seen this?

http://poseur.4x4.org/futuresuv.html

That would be sooo funny to pull up next to an Excursion in one of those things!
    All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand. - Steven Wright

Moderator, of the "Super" persuasion

What a waste of gas, those giant suvs. I see them all the time with one or two drivers at most. I seriously want the gas price to go up to 2-3 dollars a gallon, so people will conserve and start buying compact and sedans again.
    It is true that high performance cars also wastes a lot of gas, but that is the elite few. Not the giant suvs you see on the road everyday.

The BIGGEST waste of sheetmetal and gas that I've seen is the new Hummer H2.
    Prodrive Headlight Conversion
    STi Front Grill
    Turbochargers.com Stage 1 Turbo Upgrade - T28 Compressor
    The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel
    Wagons Are Cool Check Out My Baby Here!

Originally posted by Milin

course not! its the size of your turbo that makes you a better person!
    LOL Then what are we compare to the Supra guys?

I must, eventhough somewhat shamefully, admit that I KIND OF like the Hummer H2. I think it would be a cool road trip vehicle. You can pack your friends and their friends' friends in it and go virtually anywhere. However, I completely sympathize with those of you that are disgusted with SUVs. I'm from Texas, and we have more than a crap load of ridiculously large trucks and SUVs. So I see where you guys are coming from. Still, in some wierd perverse sort of way, I wouldn't mind an Escalade. It would be so ghetto if I got a hold of one of those
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by WRXed
    It's that whole inverse relationship thing. That's why I drove a CRX for 14 years.

Escalade: What a feeling that must be: you drop 60 grand at the Caddy dealer and all you come home with is a lousy Chevy Suburban!
    "Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me." -Jesus

1990 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
    1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3.Slow
    1993 Honda CBR600F2
    2002 WRX SportWagon *sold*

Originally posted by koyokid
    The BIGGEST waste of sheetmetal and gas that I've seen is the new Hummer H2.
    The Hummer H2 is a seriously capable off-road machine. Seen any footage of that thing climbing over large boulders, etc. ? Impressive. However, I share your fears that most of them will find their way into the hands of poseurs. In a purely street application - I agree, they are hugely wasteful.

The Lincoln Navigator gets my vote for the biggest SUV obscenity. Power retractable door steps, anyone ?
    Old, but not slow.

The H2 sits on the same frame and just about everythign as a Suburban. They slap a different body/interior on the beast and sell it for $10k more. Great strategy IMO. For my money I'd go with the real Hummer. If you want the capability you want the real thing. If you want room for 8 people, just get the Suburban.

tcc

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.