r32 vs. 98 Cobra, 02 Camaro SS, Sylvia

This is a discussion on r32 vs. 98 Cobra, 02 Camaro SS, Sylvia within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; my friend took out his friends cobra. This was an earlier body style...not last years, but he model before that. ...

r32 vs. 98 Cobra, 02 Camaro SS, Sylvia

my friend took out his friends cobra. This was an earlier body style...not last years, but he model before that. Apparently 305hp stock... Anyhow, this guy has done a viper transmission and suspension. We ran twice from a stop, and it wasn't funny. Ripped him a new one every time.. he wouldnt even shift into second gear, i would be so far ahead. We ran about 5 times from a roll. Twice from 20mph, twice from 40mph, and once from 60mph. The 20mph rolls were identical. I would instantly put half a car on him, and then a full car as i would shift into third. I would slow down there. The last run from 20mph, we said we would go till 110mph. on three, we were both off. Instant half car, and then car, as we got around 80mph, he would gain about half a car, around my back seat area, and we would keep it there till 110mph. From a 40 mph roll, i would get about a car length before hitting 80mph were i would let off. From 60mph, i got a half car on him, at around 80-90, he got it back, and stay dead even till 110mph. Those cars run high 13's @ 101mph, stock. That would definately put me ahead of him in a real race 1/4mile from a stop.

Second race was with a newer camaro ss. We did it from 20-70mph. I had it in second gear, and i guess he did too. We only ran once. Once we hit it, i instantly started to walk him about 3/4 of a car, but by around 50mph, he had caught up to me, and to 70 he was a good 1/2 car in front before i slowed down.

My friend has a 240sx with a complete sylvia swap. Its a pretty impressive car. He says he sould run low to mid 13's, and sticks with e46m3's. Anyhow, i had 1 extra passenger in my car, and he had two. We ran from 20mph to 60mph on the first race. I instantly started to pull a car on him, and by 60 i was a good 1 and1/2 car on him. We ran a second time from 10mph-80mph, both first gear roll. I gained a car on him through second, and through third, i had about 2 cars on him, but 80mph,i was a good 2 cars on him, if not a bit more. The last race, we ran from 20-80mph in second gear. Once we both hit it, i INSTANTLY started to pull, guess his turbo wasnt getting fullpotential yet. By 80, i was a good 2...2 1/2 cars in front. We didn't run from a stop, cuz i would have eaten him alive. he always believed he would have beat me. his reply was, pretty impressive r32, wait till i get my bigger turbo.

thats all
    I guess my car has a good low gear pull.

peter
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice races. How modded was the 240 on top of the base engine swap? My brother is interested in those lately, I wonder if they can be pushed far beyong mid 13s.

J-H
    It's kinda hard to believe that the 240 hangs with e46 M3s.......if you are pulling on him....

Dunno....on the streets everything is possible....

My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

Quote Originally Posted by J-H
    It's kinda hard to believe that the 240 hangs with e46 M3s.......if you are pulling on him....

Dunno....on the streets everything is possible....

definately. thats what he told me. i dont believe him. he told me that he destroy's older body style cobra's and sticks with new sc cobras. but e46 m3's slightly pull on him. Man, if thats true, im running a mid 12 second car. he should be proud of his sylvia swap and all, but not to the extant of lying about what he runs.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

J-H
    WOW...this guy sooooo confused

Last time I checked a cobra would horribly walk an e46 M3.....

e46 M3 > Sylvia swap > 03 Cobra..............................> 01 Cobra

That does not make any sense......

What would explain all of this is if he ran into people that can't drive, than that is true...

My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

damn those e46 m3's, they are so damn fast with their 333hp... newer cobras with underrated 390hp (more like 420hp) cant even come close.

they guy is losing it, he was pretty smart when it came to cars, i don't know what happened.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500

some guy on vwvortex just ran a 13.2 @ ~103 with chip/intake and the free exhaust modification.http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1878541
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500