Might be selling Evo for an 05 GTO - Page 8
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

This is a discussion on Might be selling Evo for an 05 GTO within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Much better than the auto. The sound of the V8 is priceless. People told me the 6 speed feel's sloppy. ...

Drove 2005 GTO 6 speed today.

Much better than the auto. The sound of the V8 is priceless.
    People told me the 6 speed feel's sloppy. Nope very tight. I would say as good as the Evo before I put the B&M short throw on. The LS2 is beautiful. Sits so pretty under the hood. Nothing like a 400hp V8 to start modifying.

Left the dealer headed for the prkwy The Wantagh prkwy south of sunrise is the best place for a test drive. Didn't lauch, and still spun through second shifted int third small chirp, car hooked and that 400hp roar sounded amazing. shifted into fourth and let off. Drive back I took it a bit slow, just cruising. GTO is much smoother on the highway, than the Evo.

All I can say right now is I was amazed. I have drivin vettes before, and the GTO comes close. Well I have until May to decide what I'm going to do. Thats when the next Black 6 speed comes in.

By the way. I don't want 03/04 cobra, or a TTsupra, or a Vette.

Like I was saying before, the GTO is a great daily driver, much more comfortable than my Evo, Than on the weekends I can go to the track and drag. > better topend than the Evo.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TurboWill
    People told me the 6 speed feel's sloppy. Nope very tight. I would say as good as the Evo before I put the B&M short throw on. The LS2 is beautiful. Sits so pretty under the hood. Nothing like a 400hp V8 to start modifying.

Left the dealer headed for the prkwy The Wantagh prkwy south of sunrise is the best place for a test drive. Didn't lauch, and still spun through second shifted int third small chirp, car hooked and that 400hp roar sounded amazing. shifted into fourth and let off. Drive back I took it a bit slow, just cruising. GTO is much smoother on the highway, than the Evo.

All I can say right now is I was amazed. I have drivin vettes before, and the GTO comes close. Well I have until May to decide what I'm going to do. Thats when the next Black 6 speed comes in.

Like I was saying before, the GTO is a great daily driver, much more comfortable than my Evo, Than on the weekends I can go to the track and drag. > better topend than the Evo.

sounds like you had fun

hey man, if the GTO is what you want, and you can afford, then get it. If you have the means, theres no reason not to
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

you thinking of getting it? i think the GTO is growing on me
    *cough* sell the *cough*cough* evo to my *cough* bro

if u get this will, ill have my turbo in hehe
    LISC #1
    05 STi - 300whp 331wtq 1/4 - 12.7 @107.4 (SOLD)
    06 Evo IX 370whp 386wtq (Under Construction)

get a black gto and you will be my hero cause i know youll throw a blower on it
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

Honestly I think I'm going to get it. After driving it, well we will see in May

Quote Originally Posted by STiguy
    if u get this will, ill have my turbo in hehe
    Yup, I'll still have a V8 Honestly I'm not buying it to for raw performance. The dam car weigh's 3700lbs. It's just a well rounded car. Luxury, 400hp, not a cop magnet with a huge freakin wing. It's going to stay N/A, sorry Chris.

Yup, I'll still have a V8 Honestly I'm not buying it to for raw performance. The dam car weigh's 3700lbs. It's just a well rounded car. Luxury, 400hp, not a cop magnet with a huge freakin wing. It's going to stay N/A, sorry Chris.
    There are still some leftover 2004 LS1 Goats that can be had for less than $25,000. A different cam will put you right with the LS2, and with an extra $6,000+ in your pocket... Just something to consider.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

most of the gto's at the dealership near my house are automatics

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    I knew you would like the 6 speed...

*1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning

I had to check my pants to see if I soiled them after hearing the clip of the exhaust note. Holy crap... get the goat.

Quote Originally Posted by Mid117
    most of the gto's at the dealership near my house are automatics
    The black one out in front of Sun Pontiac with the chrome 18's is auto. If I get it, I will get Black with red leather interior with those rims. Six speed of course. The 05's are averaging 350whp 347wtq stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan00Hawk
    There are still some leftover 2004 LS1 Goats that can be had for less than $25,000. A different cam will put you right with the LS2, and with an extra $6,000+ in your pocket... Just something to consider.
    Yea the 04's are nice. But I want the new LS2. Also the new dual exaust(hope everyone heard the clip). They also made improvements to the 6 speed. They only mods i'm doing are going to be factory, Intake and exaust. Also an ECU tune.

The black one out in front of Sun Pontiac with the chrome 18's is auto. If I get it, I will get Black with red leather interior with those rims. Six speed of course. The 05's are averaging 350whp 347wtq stock.
    thats a sick combo

word is gto is done after 2007, they were horribly over anticipated and didnt come close to what gm thought they were gonna sell....i'll try to find the article...
    v8
    its so much funner having a 4 cylinder beating up on v8's, have fun being a muscle head!

EVO.....im gonna get one someday!
    04 black evo!!!!
    Car How To