Might be selling Evo for an 05 GTO - Page 7
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

This is a discussion on Might be selling Evo for an 05 GTO within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; No way would I ever trade my EVO for a GTO. The only thing nice about the GTO is the ...

No way would I ever trade my EVO for a GTO. The only thing nice about the GTO is the interior and even that is not all that great. Its one of the most bland sports cars ever produced and it has nothing that would draw someones attention. I dont think wanting top end is a bad thing however think about it, most street racing is done up to 100mph and even then it starts to get a little un-safe. Your EVO can get into the 11's with a little work, and have huge topend with 272's or even now we can use 280 CAMS. Hell mine before I bought it was running 12.2's all day long and since then I think I can stretch a 11.9 with a good tail wind this spring and it just has the usual boltons and a dynoflash. I you where to spend a few grand on performance and quality your EVO will really liven up and you will have awhole new beast on your hand that you can drive all year around. If you are considering trading the EVO up for anything American I would make it nothing less than the new Vette. I got to ride in one this weekend and OMG its so sexy*although Chevy stole the entire car off the rest of the worlds ideas* and the power is through the roof.

Sorry for the long post I dont want to lose you as an EVO owner to a pathetic GTO. With my 333WHP I dominated one already and that was just me messing around. And lastly check out consumer reports American cars are not doing that great in anything these days along with the Germans they are all getting smoked by the Japenese and I dont see this chaning anytime soon.

DONT DO IT!!

Staton
    The Beginning is the End is the Beginning
    --
    Provehito In Altum

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by xaton
    No way would I ever trade my EVO for a GTO. The only thing nice about the GTO is the interior and even that is not all that great. Its one of the most bland sports cars ever produced and it has nothing that would draw someones attention. I dont think wanting top end is a bad thing however think about it, most street racing is done up to 100mph and even then it starts to get a little un-safe. Your EVO can get into the 11's with a little work, and have huge topend with 272's or even now we can use 280 CAMS. Hell mine before I bought it was running 12.2's all day long and since then I think I can stretch a 11.9 with a good tail wind this spring and it just has the usual boltons and a dynoflash. I you where to spend a few grand on performance and quality your EVO will really liven up and you will have awhole new beast on your hand that you can drive all year around. If you are considering trading the EVO up for anything American I would make it nothing less than the new Vette. I got to ride in one this weekend and OMG its so sexy*although Chevy stole the entire car off the rest of the worlds ideas* and the power is through the roof.

Sorry for the long post I dont want to lose you as an EVO owner to a pathetic GTO. With my 333WHP I dominated one already and that was just me messing around. And lastly check out consumer reports American cars are not doing that great in anything these days along with the Germans they are all getting smoked by the Japenese and I dont see this chaning anytime soon.

DONT DO IT!!

Staton
    i agree with all this, especially the part where the japanese are starting to dominate, and an evo is a fairly easy car to get into the 11's and with some money you could get to run 10's! evo's are soo nice, i want to own one someday, and perhaps an sti too, but i love my wrx none the less!
    04 black evo!!!!
    Car How To

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyBoy2
    i agree with all this, especially the part where the japanese are starting to dominate, and an evo is a fairly easy car to get into the 11's and with some money you could get to run 10's!!
    And you cant with an LS2? Starting out with 400hp/395tq and a hell of alot more displacment will always be easier and cheaper to make faster, even with a heavier vehicle.

I also agree that an auto was not a fair test. You can't downshift into a lower gear and get thrown back in your seat with all that torque in an auto...its not even close.
    Last edited by mball; 03-14-2005 at 01:41 AM.

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mball
    And you cant with an LS2? Starting out with 400hp/395tq and a hell of alot more displacment will always be easier and cheaper to make faster, even with a heavier vehicle.

I also agree that an auto was not a fair test. You can't downshift into a lower gear and get thrown back in your seat with all that torque in an auto...its not even close.

+1

I love the EVO, and I like the GTO, too. My point is not which car is better, but that it was not a fair test, thats all.

*1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning

The GTO looks like a rebadged Grand Am.
    N.E. F4
    Mods

i agree with all this, especially the part where the japanese are starting to dominate, and an evo is a fairly easy car to get into the 11's and with some money you could get to run 10's! evo's are soo nice, i want to own one someday, and perhaps an sti too, but i love my wrx none the less!
    I'll be happy with low 12's
    TB exaust. Boost controller@20psi,Dynoflash.=12.4
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHPAW
    +1

I love the EVO, and I like the GTO, too. My point is not which car is better, but that it was not a fair test, thats all.

I hear your point. Even if it was a stick, wouldn't have changed my mind. After I drove it, i got back in my Evo, and realized i couldn't live without the AWD. Plus I love the feel of the Turbo.

GTO's are UGLY!!!!
    evo's are badass!
    04 black evo!!!!
    Car How To

GTO's are UGLY!!!!
    evo's are badass!
    Honestly there not ugly> to me. Put on a set of 19's, Also the factory sport aero package for the 05's is really cool.

Damn Will, Look what you started !
    I told you so!
    LISC # 35

A guy just ran 12.8 @ 107 against a headwind in an 05 GTO. Its the same guy that ran 12.9 last week.

Thats pretty darn fast for 3000' elevation. At sea level he would easily be running
    mid 12s in a basically stock GTO. (Nitto drag radials - only mod).

You can always change your mind later if you choose. Who knows. I'm curious to see what the GTO is going to look like in 06 - 07.

Either way, you can't go wrong with your EVO.

Quote Originally Posted by SGOSWRX
    A guy just ran 12.8 @ 107 against a headwind in an 05 GTO. Its the same guy that ran 12.9 last week.

Thats pretty darn fast for 3000' elevation. At sea level he would easily be running
    mid 12s in a basically stock GTO. (Nitto drag radials - only mod).

You can always change your mind later if you choose. Who knows. I'm curious to see what the GTO is going to look like in 06 - 07.

Either way, you can't go wrong with your EVO.
    Well my Pontiac dealer just called me. Said he has a 05 six speed for me to test drive. I'm going back tomorow. I will let everyone know if the Stick changes my mind

can i ride shotgun if u get it?
    LISC #1
    05 STi - 300whp 331wtq 1/4 - 12.7 @107.4 (SOLD)
    06 Evo IX 370whp 386wtq (Under Construction)

Quote Originally Posted by STiguy
    can i ride shotgun if u get it?
    Sure. Also your the first person I want to run GTO traps at 107mph

This is what I want to hear everyday
    http://img.s10forum.com/album1231/agd.mpeg

PS those tail lights are not stock one's

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.