Might be selling Evo for an 05 GTO - Page 6
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

This is a discussion on Might be selling Evo for an 05 GTO within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I find it somewhat humorous that people who've maybe only driven or ridden in a "muscle car" once or twice ...

I find it somewhat humorous that people who've maybe only driven or ridden in a "muscle car" once or twice can offer so much insight as to how "awful" they are...

Sometimes you need to live with someone for awhile to appreciate all that they have to offer. Or to also discover all the things that really irritate you about them... Same with a car.

It won't likely be the last car you ever own, and at the very worst, it'll allow you to figure out what you truly want in a future vehicle. Getting something new and different is always fun too... Good luck with your decision.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Keepin Evo

Hey guys. Test drove the GTO. Sweet car, BUT not what I thought a 400hp car should feel like. Real nice ride. To bad it was wet out today . Got to take her on the wantagh prkwy Car really pulls from a roll. Nice engine growl too. Much smoother on the freeway. Car just want's to keep going faster. Anyway it's not for me.

So, keepin the Evo for a few more years. I will have enough money saved by than for a used 03/04 Porsche Turbo. AWD of course
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Quote Originally Posted by TurboWill
    Hey guys. Test drove the GTO. Sweet car, BUT not what I thought a 400hp car should feel like. Real nice ride. To bad it was wet out today . Got to take her on the wantagh prkwy Car really pulls from a roll. Nice engine growl too. Much smoother on the freeway. Car just want's to keep going faster. Anyway it's not for me.

So, keepin the Evo for a few more years. I will have enough money saved by than for a used 03/04 Porsche Turbo. AWD of course

[Quote napoleon] YEEESSSS!!!!!! [/napoleon]

Good decision.

Almost everyone says it doesnt "feel" as fast as a 400hp should, thats because its so damn heavy. I say, who cares what it "feels" like, its still fast, still has 400hp and still has an LS2. As I said, with your money, you can pick up a nice C5 Z06 which is a far better car than the GTO. Go drive a C5 Z06 if you want a 400hp car that feels just as fast as it is

04 Porsche Turbo !! Yikes, my neighbor has one and its soooo nice.

Glad you are keeping the EVO. Smart decision. The Evo is such a good car. For little money the car can get some sick WHP numbers and now with all the bolt on turbo kits coming out its even better. Besides the Evo handles so awesome, i just installed Tein S-tech springs on mine and its even better. You can get over 400+ hp at the crank on the Evo fairly easy. Besides, the Evo can also run 11's with out upgrading the turbo , cant go wrong with that. KEEP IT!!!!!
    2005 Electric Blue Mitsubishi Evolution VIII,
    2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII
    Helix Catback
    Helix Downpipe
    Ultimate Racing test pipe
    Txs Mbc
    Greddy Type-s bov

www.myspace.com/evil_evo_viii
    www.mitsubishiunited.com
    2004 Subaru Wrx-Sold

I still maintain that the only domestic I will ever trade my STi in for (or any other car I have at the time), will be the C6 Z06. That is one hell of a sweet car. Performance, handling, lightweight, 500hp, 6spd, massive brakes, awesome looks, and sub-exotic prices. That is the only car that would make me unfaithful to my current love. I don't care about luxury, or comfort, or too much about styling really. It sounds cliche, but for me it isn't the destination, it's the drive.
    2005 Aspen White STi

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalfiend
    It sounds cliche, but for me it isn't the destination, it's the drive.
    AMEN

Did you drive an older GTO with the previous engine, or the newer '05 with the newer engine. The older ones had a lot less hp iirc, definitely NOT 400hp...

-snowcat
    <---- my cat doing a hawkeye impersonation!

Quote Originally Posted by snowcat
    Did you drive an older GTO with the previous engine, or the newer '05 with the newer engine. The older ones had a lot less hp iirc, definitely NOT 400hp...

-snowcat
    I drove a Black 05 GTO auto It was a great car. BUT not good enough to get me out of the Evo.

Did some research a while ago because i was realy thinking about buying one because i could have got an awsome deal. GM 10 bolt in the rear, wich are more notorius of breaking then our 5 speeds. Its a two piece ruber mounted drive shaft that cant withstand the stock power of the early model hp figures.

I took one for a ride off the the dealership my dad works at, it was nicley built car, fun, quick, v8 sound and v8 fun. Sloppy shifter and heavy car were the downs. Being in production for over 3 years now in Australia as Holden built, it has no reall flaws. Like alot of on GM products, and we have owned alot of GM products. Havent taken the new 400 hp modle for a ride, but i will.

Wasnt enough to get me out of a stock 02 WRX
    Will #1
    LISC #2

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    I drove a Black 05 GTO auto It was a great car. BUT not good enough to get me out of the Evo.

Not a fair comparo.....

*1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHPAW
    Not a fair comparo.....

Why the auto's are rated faster than the stick.

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    Why the auto's are rated faster than the stick.
    Hey, even if they are, you can't manipulate an auto like you could a manual... This is why most automatics feel "slower" than a comparable manual. Can you hold an auto in the peak rpm range and punch it out of a corner, etc.? Think about it, it's not a fair comparison...

*1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD