Might be selling Evo for an 05 GTO - Page 5
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

This is a discussion on Might be selling Evo for an 05 GTO within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by SOUTHPAW Lingenfelter makes a twin-turbo package for the LS2 that makes 725 crank HP off 7 psi..... ...

Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHPAW
    Lingenfelter makes a twin-turbo package for the LS2 that makes 725 crank HP off 7 psi.....

so when your tires stop spinning, i bet that power feels great!
    04 black evo!!!!
    Car How To

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    Tires spinning or not, it's still faster. So who cares if they are spinning? What is your point? The tires of my moms Corilla don't spin...

*1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyBoy2
    so when your tires stop spinning, i bet that power feels great!
    A good pair of slicks will solve spinning tires

Registered User spyderpaint2004's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHPAW
    *I am 23...*

*The insurance on my 2003 WRX was $130 / month...*

*The insurance on my 2005 Corvette is $140 / month*

WRX and EVOs are rated stupid high by insurance companies.

I want your job

what the hell do u do for a living?????
    "you need to ask yourself, do you NEED this car? Of course not. Then you need to ask yourself can you picture yourself driving this car? OF COURSE!"

my friend jason has a 2000+ z28 and he runs like low 13's or high 12's at the track on a good run with some bolt ons, and know what happens everytime we race, i usually win, and you know what he says...."**** i couldnt get any traction"! I am not running a high 12 sec car..haha...im running cobb stage 2 and you know what else, he went to the mitsu dealership the other day, and is contemplating trading his camaro in for a 2005 evo 9!
    04 black evo!!!!
    Car How To

Quote Originally Posted by mball
    well then your ugly handling gets even uglier! evo's are so much more streetable, evo will outhandle gto ANYDAY, and can be made very powerful!
    04 black evo!!!!
    Car How To

if i were you, id keep the Evo, i think its much more practicle, the GTO can be good in the striaght, but you can make the Evo so much sicker, the GTO has very mods(extrerior wise),and will look dull, imho, and i think that the Evo is definetly a better bet.
    sticky-Flo.com
    Proud Member of the "Ran From a Cop and Got Away" Club(x6)
    Mods:Special Tint that adds 45hp to each wheel.

Lets See...

Get the GTO
    Stg. 0
    -380hp & 437lbs-
    No NOS

everyone could debate about this all day, it comes down to what you prefer! all the gto has to offer is raw power in a straight line, the evo is an all around great performer and is much more appealing, its your call man!
    04 black evo!!!!
    Car How To

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyBoy2
    everyone could debate about this all day, it comes down to what you prefer! all the gto has to offer is raw power in a straight line, the evo is an all around great performer and is much more appealing, its your call man!
    Yes, because everyone takes their cars rallying and on road courses SO OFTEN Thats such a lame argument. 95% of people who buy fast cars either take them to a track or race them on the street and a GTO with that awesome LS2 engine has more potential for both. I have an Evo and its a GREAT car but its not like I'll be racing someone and have to "outhandle" them, I would MUCH rather have raw power for a drag strip and street races.

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mball
    Yes, because everyone takes their cars rallying and on road courses SO OFTEN Thats such a lame argument. 95% of people who buy fast cars either take them to a track or race them on the street and a GTO with that awesome LS2 engine has more potential for both. I have an Evo and its a GREAT car but its not like I'll be racing someone and have to "outhandle" them, I would MUCH rather have raw power for a drag strip and street races.
    +1

Yes, they will. But even with spinning tires, if a car is faster at the end of the race, who cares?!

my friend jason has a 2000+ z28 and he runs like low 13's or high 12's at the track on a good run with some bolt ons, and know what happens everytime we race, i usually win, and you know what he says...."**** i couldnt get any traction"! I am not running a high 12 sec car..haha...im running cobb stage 2 and you know what else, he went to the mitsu dealership the other day, and is contemplating trading his camaro in for a 2005 evo 9!
    I bet you are racing 1/8 mile, or light to light.... A real race is 1/4 mile, or on a circuit track... then see who has the excuses.

*1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD

One of the problems with awd vehicles (Evo, STi , WRX) is being afraid to launch the car. I can't tell you how many WRX/STi owners that I've talked to that won't even do it. They are afraid of breaking something on the car. AWD launches are violent.

The GTO is the opposite. Its all about burning rubber. I've launched my GTO more times in 2 weeks than I did in over a year in my STi. Its extremely fun to be able to roast the back tires without being scared of leaving the tranny on the ground.

I also took a co worker of mine for a ride in my GTO. He said "This thing is
    10X faster than your STi." (which its not) But to people riding in the car it feels and sounds much faster.

Another thing, rear drivers can pull extremely fast 60' time if setup right. BRM's GTO pulled a 1.4 sec 60' on their 10.23 @ 133 mph run.

The only time I miss my STi's awd is when its raining. The GTO over powers the rear wheels. You have to drive very gingerly.

Quote Originally Posted by SGOSWRX
    One of the problems with awd vehicles (Evo, STi , WRX) is being afraid to launch the car. I can't tell you how many WRX/STi owners that I've talked to that won't even do it. They are afraid of breaking something on the car. AWD launches are violent.

The GTO is the opposite. Its all about burning rubber. I've launched my GTO more times in 2 weeks than I did in over a year in my STi. Its extremely fun to be able to roast the back tires without being scared of leaving the tranny on the ground.

I also took a co worker of mine for a ride in my GTO. He said "This thing is
    10X faster than your STi." (which its not) But to people riding in the car it feels and sounds much faster.

Another thing, rear drivers can pull extremely fast 60' time if setup right. BRM's GTO pulled a 1.4 sec 60' on their 10.23 @ 133 mph run.

The only time I miss my STi's awd is when its raining. The GTO over powers the rear wheels. You have to drive very gingerly.
    Well if you had to chose right now. Would you take your STi back or keep the GTO?
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

its not that i dont like muscle cars, i really do love drag racing, its just that i hate the looks and styling of them. they are so ugly to me, idk, i would love to have an 11 sec street car, but i think its just too easy with something like an ls2, i would much rather build a 4g63, but honestly either car is a good choice, im just being bias over jealousy of the gto's power! and as far as handling, i take my car to the canyons to do runs ALL THE TIME, so i definitely enjoy having awd!
    04 black evo!!!!
    Car How To

Quote Originally Posted by TurboWill
    Well if you had to chose right now. Would you take your STi back or keep the GTO?
    I would much rather keep my GTO. The car rides like butter on the highway. It's just so smooth and comfortable. Basically the opposite of what the highway experience was like in my STi.

If you like attention or being notice. If you like running fast around a tight track or mountain road. Or if you need AWD then an STi/EVO is your car.

If you want a much quietier (inside the cabin - very good sound suppression), more comfortable, more relaxed cruiser with a ton of power, a superior car for highway driving. If you like smoking the rear tires and getting sideways. Then the GTO is your car.

Both cars are so different. Its all about what you want.