Might be selling Evo for an 05 GTO - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

This is a discussion on Might be selling Evo for an 05 GTO within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I guess you can make the decision depending on what you want to do with the car. If you want ...

I guess you can make the decision depending on what you want to do with the car. If you want a dragster or a highway monster, get the gto. If you want a car that can do wonders in the twisties or on the track, keep the evo.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Well a friend of mine is going to let me drive his GTO. It all depends on how I like it.
    So we will see
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Hey Will, so you can't stop thinking of that 2005 GTO that showed at Captree a couple of weeks back! Yeah it was sweet, though I still much rather be driving the EVO than the GTO. As nice and fast as the GTO is I don't think it can put a smile on my face the same way my STI or your EVO can when driving it. Damn our cars are fun to drive.
    LISC # 35

Quote Originally Posted by Mid117

keep the evo!! you will miss her
    RWD = no winter fun
    No fun in the winter How many of those guy's that come down on sunday(Captree car show) in there ZO6's, Vipers, Porsche's, Lambo's, Ferrari's.=RWD. they have plenty of fun blowing me by

Quote Originally Posted by skafish
    Hey Will, so you can't stop thinking of that 2005 GTO that showed at Captree a couple of weeks back! Yeah it was sweet, though I still much rather be driving the EVO than the GTO. As nice and fast as the GTO is I don't think it can put a smile on my face the same way my STI or your EVO can when driving it. Damn our cars are fun to drive.
    Well I'm sick of getting burn't topend. Trust me our cars are a blast to drive. Well I will make my decision after I drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboWill
    No fun in the winter How many of those guy's that come down on sunday(Captree car show) in there ZO6's, Vipers, Porsche's, Lambo's, Ferrari's.=RWD. they have plenty of fun blowing me by
    i meant during snowstorms

Maybe you can get into that "test drive for 24 hours" thing from gm. That should give all the evaluation you need. The dealer probably won't go for it though.

Yeah, but it's fun to watch them scramble when the wheather suddenly turns for the worse. Just a little rain and they all start running for home. Betcha they won't blow by you then!
    LISC # 35

Thursday afternoon, I'm going to drive an 05. If i'm not impressed i'm keeping the Evo, an Adding alot of mods. Enough to make me happy.

Yeah, but it's fun to watch them scramble when the wheather suddenly turns for the worse. Just a little rain and they all start running for home. Betcha they won't blow by you then!
    Sunday was a good turn out at Captree. Didn't see you

I made it down there too late approx 10:30 , most cars had left or were just leaving. I had to wash my baby before I showed up, couldn't stand looking at the salt and grime from last weeks snow storms. Go figure, after last night and this morning it looks the same. There was a nice '05 Roush Mustang that was just leaving when I got there, it looked Hot!

Food for thought:
    How many of the guy's that showed on Sunday drove there baby's thru yesterdays snow storm????
    LISC # 35

I made it down there too late approx 10:30 , most cars had left or were just leaving. I had to wash my baby before I showed up, couldn't stand looking at the salt and grime from last weeks snow storms. Go figure, after last night and this morning it looks the same. There was a nice '05 Roush Mustang that was just leaving when I got there, it looked Hot!

Food for thought:
    How many of the guy's that showed on Sunday drove there baby's thru yesterdays snow storm????
    Me

I was just wondering, is the GTO American?

I rest my case.
    96 Honda Integra Type R
    97 Jeep Grand Cherokee (DD)
    02 Subaru WRX (sold)
    www.HirevImports.com
    Brandon@HiRevImports.com

Quote Originally Posted by krazyimpoRts
    I was just wondering, is the GTO American?

I rest my case.
    Not to be a pain, but its technically Australian. Its just a rebadged Holden Monaro.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

Registered User spyderpaint2004's Avatar
    well coming from someoen that has a rwd car, and driven the STi, i can honestly say that having a car sitting in the garage all winter is retarded. AWD is sick, but if you dont have a lot of twisties or not a lot of snow than i think you should go with the GTO. like they said, add a blower, exhaust, headers, etc and you will have a demon. plus on the track it will be more fun with RWD.
    Who cares if its a Pontiac. Its GM motor, very reliable. its a hard choice to make but the GTO is just motor power, while the EVO is all about slapping power into a 4 cyl thru a turbo.... I like real power that comes from more metal. I guess im just a muscle car maniac, preferable 68 camaros
    "you need to ask yourself, do you NEED this car? Of course not. Then you need to ask yourself can you picture yourself driving this car? OF COURSE!"

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.