Spec V. vs. WRX (NOT racing each other)
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Spec V. vs. WRX (NOT racing each other) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well, I dropped my tranny in my WRX last weekend...not very fun having no car. So, while it's getting fixed, ...

Spec V. vs. WRX (NOT racing each other)

Well, I dropped my tranny in my WRX last weekend...not very fun having no car.
    So, while it's getting fixed, I'm driving my bro's Nissan Spec-V. Well, never have I had so many attempts to race from other drivers than in the 175hp Spec-V. I drive to hockey, school, work and everytime I'm in the car, someone wants to go.
    Where are all these people when I'm in the 'rex?

I guess they're starting to realize the power of our 4-bangers.

Dan
    '04 Silver STi
    '02 WRB WRX Sedan SOLD

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What the hell did you do to your tranny?

I like the Spec V, it's a very fun car. My sister has a 2002 SE-R, but sadly, it's an auto. She wants N2O.

-Jim

Was seriously considering a Spec V before I found out I could afford a WRX. I loved it. Instant torque, great handling. The only car I think would be more fun (in that class) is a Mazdaspeed Protege.
    Prodrive Headlight Conversion
    STi Front Grill
    Turbochargers.com Stage 1 Turbo Upgrade - T28 Compressor
    The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel
    Wagons Are Cool Check Out My Baby Here!

The only serious problem with both Mazda and Nissan is their aftermarket moves like slug bait. It's amazing the Nismo and Mazdaspeed are finally getting a clue and heading over to the US. We have Subaru to thanks for their action.

-Jim

I hear ya. Mazda seems to have really got it right this time though. They had everything before EXCEPT power. Now they have a proper sport compact with a turbo, LSD, excellent suspension and good looks. If I were to rate the selection of FWD sport compacts $18,000 - $20,000 it would go like this

1st - Mazdaspeed Protege (just right)
    2nd - SVT Focus (SVT handling)
    3rd - Spec V (great, but not refined)
    4th - VW GTi 1.8T (we need the R32)
    5th - Civic Si (love that shifter, but last non-the-less)

Things are looking up. And you are exactly right, we have Subaru to thank for it. I'm really looking forward to the future of sport compact performance. An AWD Turbo Focus is already being planned. Nissan, Mazda, VW will follow suit. And Subaru will continue to bring over world spec performance vehicles. I can't wait for a Legacy B4 and STi Forester.

And don't forget the EVO!
    Prodrive Headlight Conversion
    STi Front Grill
    Turbochargers.com Stage 1 Turbo Upgrade - T28 Compressor
    The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel
    Wagons Are Cool Check Out My Baby Here!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.