e46 vs. awd launch?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on e46 vs. awd launch? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i am going to race a friend of mine, he just got an e46 m3. We are going to do ...

e46 vs. awd launch?

i am going to race a friend of mine, he just got an e46 m3. We are going to do a 0-80mph run. We are going to do it from a stop, and i told him that i think that if i get a good launch, i can take him at least of the line. He thinks that he will destroy me off the line, let alone to 80 (we know the later part is true already).

what do u guys think?

how will i fare?

ps in my r32
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

if he can drive he should take you up to 80 but you'll get jump up to like 30. I honestly know only one person thats capable of launching a m3 to its limits. Is he SMG or stick??
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

6spd
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

6 speed are supposed to be faster if launched right..i read a kill story you had and your mods add like what..15-20 hp??...it will be close..good luck
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

If memory serves me correctly, you are lightly modded with an intake, exhaust mod, and a reflash. I also remember you saying that you are expecting to run mid 13's. That is just about where an M3 is going to sit, so I think as long as you launch decently you will hold him off pretty well to atleast 50mph or so.

good luck and let us know what happens
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

J-H
    Drivers race

A very nice cop-out J-H......very diplomatic....

Good luck and let us know....

My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

just use the sl500 and call it a day. lol.

yeh of all the cars the s500 my grandpa has that car and he lets me drive it when i come to town and even if you loose you can pick up all the ladies in a s500

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCity_WRX
    just use the sl500 and call it a day. lol.
    his R32 is faster than the SL500 is.

I wonder what has more of a pimp factor though? SL500 or M3? I am thinking you could get more ladies with the benz because most girls cannot appreciate the M3 performance and just see the benz and say.... "OMG Mercedes coupe!!!! OMG"

then you get teh pussAy!
    Just call me Clark Kent

Whats your whp? I have no problem with E46 M3's at my current hp. From a dig it's a joke.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

~235whp.

oh the r32 is faster than the sl500.

we have tested the sl500 and the m3. The sl500 gets the bling bling factor. The m3 doesnt even come close. girls just love the look of the sl500... to them, the m3 is a 3 series bimmer.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500

J-H
    That is awesome I think it is because the SL500 is bigger.....which equates to more $$$$$$

Just for scientific purposes though I woul like to chime in on my WRX's bling factor. My roommate has a 1999 jetta and it works better than my WRX.....I guess they think it is a Hyundai or soemthing.....

My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

Quote Originally Posted by ellinopedo182
    ~235whp.

oh the r32 is faster than the sl500.

we have tested the sl500 and the m3. The sl500 gets the bling bling factor. The m3 doesnt even come close. girls just love the look of the sl500... to them, the m3 is a 3 series bimmer.

You gotta roll down Michigan ave in the Sl500 and pick up dem bishes!!!
    Just call me Clark Kent

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.