Hemi magnum at the track
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Hemi magnum at the track within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was lucky enough to get lined up next to a new hemi magnum wagon this weekend at the local ...

Hemi magnum at the track

I was lucky enough to get lined up next to a new hemi magnum wagon this weekend at the local 1/4 mile track. It was pretty new, had a K&N intke and some sort of exhaust. Being that I'm in Kansas City, it's hard to get respect out there at the track in an import. So, we lined up, wagon vs. wagon. The guy got a nice R/T .1 to my .4 so he was ahead.... for the 1st 50 ft or so By the 60' mark I had caught up and passed him on my way to a 12.6 to his 14.7. I was pleased even though I knew there wouldn't be much to worry about. I just wonder what the crowd thought, and the announcer; he's not too fond of the imports. There was a C6 vette out there as well, I saw him run a 13.2 (didn't see the milage) That would have been a fun run for the crowd there to see
    aquamisted wagon
    12.4 @ 111

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice run...time 2 line up w/ the C6 to show em what subies are really made of
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

J-H
    Oh man, that is priceless.....

*Dueling banjos playing* - "Hey Cletus, ain't them turba' Jap thangs for girly-boys? Yeehaww"

My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

Quote Originally Posted by KCREXwagon
    By the 60' mark I had caught up and passed him on my way to a 12.6 to his 14.7
    What is wrong with this world? There are way too many ****ty drivers with nice cars. That Magnum is good for high 13s/14 flat bone stock. This guy had mods? how in the blue hell did he manage to pull a 14.7?! My grandma could post a better time than that in a modded Hemi Magnum
    Last edited by mball; 03-08-2005 at 12:43 PM.

Not everybody gets a perfect launch and run every time they are at the dragstrip. I know I sure don't. It's not uncommon for my worst time of the day to be at least a half second slower than my best. So if all you saw was my worst attempt...

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

Quote Originally Posted by Dan00Hawk
    So if all you saw was my worst attempt...
    Very true, earlier runs that day for me included a 13.2 @ 108, and a 14.2 @93 (don't ask) So, If all you saw was the 14 sec run, then ran me on the way home in your 14.0 @ 100 whatever and I pulled away it would be confusing. I'm sure the C6 would pull away from me on a roll pretty hard
    aquamisted wagon
    12.4 @ 111

Soon all the V8 Hemis will get the AWD option.

I think he should have roasted you though otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by J-H
    Oh man, that is priceless.....

*Dueling banjos playing* - "Hey Cletus, ain't them turba' Jap thangs for girly-boys? Yeehaww"

you captured the moment perfectly
    dude one time i tried to put the trailer bully into the coiler, and I got all messed up

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    That Magnum wagon is pretty fast considering the weight and auto trans.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

nice race dude, my friend just picked up that car and cant wait to track it
    1994 Talon TSi - SMIC, 16G and Bolt Ons - Awaiting More Fuel and Tune
    2000 B5 GLS 1.8T Every Bolt On + Tuned GT28RS - R.I.P

Quote Originally Posted by dingobite

uh huh...getting a 4200lb vehicle to run in the 12's with a 110mph trap will take a HELL of a lot more than just slapping on AWD
    aquamisted wagon
    12.4 @ 111

You have one heck of a wagon there Todd. I told my wife about your wagon and she's now begging me to put my VF39 in her wagon

Thanks to you I'll be getting a new turbo in my STi as soon as the wagon is paid off
    07 RDX

04 STI: SOLD
    02 4eat Cobb Stg 2 WRX Wagon: Wife's

Yeah, the Magnum R/T's are definitely capable of more. Guy in my truck club has one for a daily driver, ran 13.8 stock. Contrary to popular belief you still need to know how to drive an automatic, it's very easy to screw up the launch with that much torque, especially on street tires. AWD is now an option for the Magnums and 300C's, but I haven't heard anything about it becoming standard. Keep an eye out for the SRT-8 Magnums and 300's too (and Chargers eventually), 425hp/420tq from the factory, 6.1 Hemi
    '02 Dakota 5.9 R/T
    Intercooled Novi-2K

Quote Originally Posted by dingobite

What is this guy smoking?

Quote Originally Posted by AsianWRX
    Thanks to you I'll be getting a new turbo in my STi as soon as the wagon is paid off
    Thats good to hear! I'm still waiting for a ride in an STI with an upgraded turbo...should be a monster!
    aquamisted wagon
    12.4 @ 111

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.