e36 m3 vs. R32

This is a discussion on e36 m3 vs. R32 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; sorry for posting here, but i am still a wrx owner, but racing my r32 at the time. Ok, so... ...

e36 m3 vs. R32

sorry for posting here, but i am still a wrx owner, but racing my r32 at the time.

Ok, so... driving down the highway towards a bmw dealership to get some parts for my friend, i see this nicely waxed black e36 m3. Had an exhaust system, chip, intake... those i knew for sure. I remember this guy when he first got his car, but he didn't remember me. Anyhow, we ran from a roll from about 40mph - 100mph and i pulled on him about 1/2 car lengths. Mind you, i didn't have my chip flashed yet, because i had just returned from the dealer. I was working with a cai and the free exhaust valve mod.

Nice run imo.

peter
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice runs.....

How about cracking out that Benz and posting a few kill stories??

Have you dynoed your car yet? Trap speed numbers?
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

nice run
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

J-H
    Nice run man....

Oh, and check out your thread @ bimmer forums.....these guys don't have a clue about anything else than their BMW....

My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

Quote Originally Posted by ellinopedo182
    sorry for posting here, but i am still a wrx owner, but racing my r32 at the time.

Ok, so... driving down the highway towards a bmw dealership to get some parts for my friend, i see this nicely waxed black e36 m3. Had an exhaust system, chip, intake... those i knew for sure. I remember this guy when he first got his car, but he didn't remember me. Anyhow, we ran from a roll from about 40mph - 100mph and i pulled on him about 1/2 car lengths. Mind you, i didn't have my chip flashed yet, because i had just returned from the dealer. I was working with a cai and the free exhaust valve mod.

Nice run imo.

peter
    I won't call BS because you were obviously racing someone who couldn't drive. I looked at your times and specs on your homepage. The M3 runs the same times as your car bone stock, not to mention much more HP and TQ stock PLUS he had mods. An M3 with those mods would spank you all day long from a dig or a roll.
    Last edited by mball; 03-08-2005 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mball
    I won't call BS because you were obviously racing someone who couldn't drive. I looked at your times and specs on your homepage. The M3 runs the same times as your car bone stock, not to mention much more HP and TQ stock PLUS he had mods. An M3 with those mods would spank you all day long from a dig or a roll.
    i think your thinking about the e46 m3...which is significantly faster. The e36m3 and r32 are drivers race, stock for stock.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by jigga
    nice runs.....

How about cracking out that Benz and posting a few kill stories??

Have you dynoed your car yet? Trap speed numbers?
    i had my bro run the sl500 and i was in my r32. we did it from a stop, he spun while i gained instantly a few car lengths. We stopped there

I also ran like 3 e36 m3's with the sl500 on night, from anywhere from 40mph -120mph, and every time i would pull on them uptop easily.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500

Quote Originally Posted by J-H
    Nice run man....

Oh, and check out your thread @ bimmer forums.....these guys don't have a clue about anything else than their BMW....

its so sad how defensive the bmw drivers get.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500

J-H
    I know man. It' sOK to be open minded......there will be always someone faster, richer, better looking, cooler, taller, younger than you....These guys just need to accept that and everything will be OK

My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

awesome race dude...

i just gor a ride in a kid here at school's VF SC'd t-red R and all i can say is wow...amazing power and very smooth...
    1994 Talon TSi - SMIC, 16G and Bolt Ons - Awaiting More Fuel and Tune
    2000 B5 GLS 1.8T Every Bolt On + Tuned GT28RS - R.I.P