r32 vs. 350z

This is a discussion on r32 vs. 350z within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Finally got to race one, we did one race from a stop and a couple from a roll. The first ...

r32 vs. 350z

Finally got to race one, we did one race from a stop and a couple from a roll. The first race from a stop, i launced at about 4k and completely tore him a new one. I slowed down, and waited again. We did another run from 20mph to about 85mph. In second gear, i got about a half car on him, and when i shifted into third, i gained a car and before hitting fourth, i had a good 2 cars in front of it and pulling nicely. We did it a couple of other races like this, but i started to pull this guy every time.

Fun race, i guess the guy was stock... and most likely automatic.

Peter
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

sweet run
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

awesome race dude
    1994 Talon TSi - SMIC, 16G and Bolt Ons - Awaiting More Fuel and Tune
    2000 B5 GLS 1.8T Every Bolt On + Tuned GT28RS - R.I.P

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    +1 for the Kraut car.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red

man I'd love to hear a r32 and a z go at it, I'd make a mess just hearing the exhaust notes.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    man I'd love to hear a r32 and a z go at it, I'd make a mess just hearing the exhaust notes.
    haha, thats exactly what I thought when I first read the post. Those 2 cars running down lower whacker banging through gears!!! pure ecstasy.......

good run. Sounds like he was an automatic though. A race with a 6spd would be very interesting I think.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

nice kill man.. what are your mods.??? I checked your cardomain site and it said like 13.45 @ 102..? thats not bad for just bolt on's.. what do those things trap stock?, cause I ran one on the highway and pulled quite a few carlengths on him...

Quote Originally Posted by DIE DIE
    nice kill man.. what are your mods.??? I checked your cardomain site and it said like 13.45 @ 102..? thats not bad for just bolt on's.. what do those things trap stock?, cause I ran one on the highway and pulled quite a few carlengths on him...
    they usually run around 97-100mph stock. with my modifications (600 bucks worth only) i have seen as high as 103 stock(but the guy has taken out the rear seats).
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by ellinopedo182
    they usually run around 97-100mph stock. with my modifications (600 bucks worth only) i have seen as high as 103 stock(but the guy has taken out the rear seats).
    cool thanks! wow I didn't think they trapped that high stock... thats not bad at all.. the guy I raced probably wasn't too great, cause it should have been fairly close...I need to find one around here thats a good driver and go at it for fun just to see

cool thanks! wow I didn't think they trapped that high stock... thats not bad at all.. the guy I raced probably wasn't too great, cause it should have been fairly close...I need to find one around here thats a good driver and go at it for fun just to see
    if u guys run from a stop, youll see where the r32 really shines. what kind of car do u have, btw?
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500

if u guys run from a stop, youll see where the r32 really shines. what kind of car do u have, btw?
    yeah I know...that is "IF" he can launch it I know everyone on here probably thinks they are pro at launching AWD cars, but most of the 17-24 year old people I run into on the street CANNOT launch their WRX/Evo very impressively...I'm not bragging in any way... but so far, of the maybe 5-7 AWD launch encounters I've had with wrx's and evo's, none of them were able to put more than 2 cars on me off the line, and I made up the ground fairly easy.... (one evo put 3 cars on me off the line, but I spun alot, and he had a passenger, so I still passed him by 100ish..
    btw- I have a 350z with a few bolt on's..

nice looking car. I have yet to drive one or even ride in one, but I am sure I would rather impressed with the handling and torque.
    I would love to have an R32.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

yeah I know...that is "IF" he can launch it I know everyone on here probably thinks they are pro at launching AWD cars, but most of the 17-24 year old people I run into on the street CANNOT launch their WRX/Evo very impressively...I'm not bragging in any way... but so far, of the maybe 5-7 AWD launch encounters I've had with wrx's and evo's, none of them were able to put more than 2 cars on me off the line, and I made up the ground fairly easy.... (one evo put 3 cars on me off the line, but I spun alot, and he had a passenger, so I still passed him by 100ish..
    btw- I have a 350z with a few bolt on's..
    i think the r32 has an easier time launching because its n/a and has instant torque. i wouldn't know why else.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500

i think the r32 has an easier time launching because its n/a and has instant torque. i wouldn't know why else.
    yeah thats probably true...hopefully i'll run into one soon... they are rather rare around here