Porshe 911 Turbo VS. WRX ! .. just an article i found

This is a discussion on Porshe 911 Turbo VS. WRX ! .. just an article i found within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey people i was just surfing around and i found this intresting article about a porshe and a wrx . ...

Porshe 911 Turbo VS. WRX ! .. just an article i found

hey people
    i was just surfing around and i found this intresting article about a porshe and a wrx .

Enjoy.

http://autonet.ca/wow/Stories.cfm?storyID=6121
    IS there a better car then the WRX.. ?
    nope.. not really

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Porshe 911 Turbo VS. WRX ! .. just an article i found

Originally posted by ~1Rushn'ReX
    hey people
    i was just surfing around and i found this intresting article about a porshe and a wrx .

Enjoy.

http://autonet.ca/wow/Stories.cfm?storyID=6121

IS there a better car then the WRX.. ?
    nope.. not really

Is there a better car, YES... For $25k, NO.

Even driven well below its limits the Turbo elicits dagger-stares from other motorists as you use them as moving chicanes. It changes the rules of passing and merging. There is virtually no gap in traffic that the Turbo cannot accelerate to fill, no ramp it can’t enter far too fast and exit sedately slow, and no corner it can’t negotiate at vertebrae twisting speed. This is not mere hyperbole. The car is insanely capable.
    I REALLY WANT ONE.

These cars are born of competition. Their components are battle hardened and engineered to exceed the durability and performance of their competitors.
    Hell yea, man!

The WRX’s notchy shifter doesn’t help either.
    Holy CRAP. They rag on the shifter. That's a first.

Conclusions
    The Turbo is incredible. The WRX delivers on its rally performance promise. In both cases you get your money’s worth. Succinct enough for you?
    Well put. Good Article. I like the one with the Carrera 4 vs. the WRX in "The Beauty of Great Press." Pick it up at your Subaru dealer!

-Jim

did anyone else get the 2001 WRC Guide for the Subaru WRC in addition to the Beauty of Great Press? I saw a copy on the desk and asked for it. They parted with it. no problem. Its a sweet book detailing the 2001 WRC championship from Subaru's side of things, which rocks since Burns won it all.

-c
    Moderator: Retired
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Road Rally - Best 1/4mi: 13.954 @ 97.36mph (3448 lbs)
    2001 Mazda Miata 5MT - AutoX #99 (NNJ Region SCCA 2005 CStock Champion)
    1988 BMW 325 (2.7L "i" conversion) Sedan 5MT - Daily Driver (AutoX soon!)
    "If you can't drive this car fast you can't drive fast." --British Magazine, CAR, on the WRX

Originally posted by fengshui
    did anyone else get the 2001 WRC Guide for the Subaru WRC in addition to the Beauty of Great Press? I saw a copy on the desk and asked for it. They parted with it. no problem. Its a sweet book detailing the 2001 WRC championship from Subaru's side of things, which rocks since Burns won it all.

-c
    I have a few copies. I also have a poster and some stickers.

-Jim

heehee, good article. Thanks for passing that along. How I would LOVE the chance to get behind the wheel of a 911 Turbo. One of these days....one of these days.
    All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand. - Steven Wright

Moderator, of the "Super" persuasion

Originally posted by WRXed
    heehee, good article. Thanks for passing that along. How I would LOVE the chance to get behind the wheel of a 911 Turbo. One of these days....one of these days.
    After the WRX is soundly paid off, I'll be picking up a used 996 Carrera 4S. That is my affordable dream car.

-Jim