Subaru WRX Forum banner

Rsx -S Vs my STi

4K views 37 replies 13 participants last post by  DTR rex 
#1 ·
Okay... someone try to figure out what this kid had under his hood.I see this rsx-s white big wing droped abit no tints NOT loud. My Sti is white 297 whp . We get to a light and I see the kid looking across at the lights to see when they are changing. I lauh thinking .. is this kid really going ot try and take me from a dig? Turns green and I take off hard no luaunh but hard until 3rd gear.. Get this..as I let off I see this kid ripping up my ass to I get back on the throttle shift to 4th and even went into 5th gear!!! He was 1 car behind me the whole time..WTF?? I kill e46 M3's more than that.. Can it be that he had momentum? What do you think his mods were? I am really surprised to be honest. I posted this up to see if the dude is on clubrsx.com hopefully he is. I really want to know what he had.
It must be because he had momentum

#3 ·
Probably a turbo. Even with cams, race header, hondata, exhaust, etc.... He would only be running high 13's on street tires. If this guy can drive his STi even decently he should be runing high 12's. My guess is that the RSX was either boosted or if he was N/A his motor was built like a mofo

#5 ·
supersuby said:
I really want to know.. hopefully he is on clubrsx.com
I posted there to see.. and gave him props .Hopefully he's there I want to know what he had... :unhappy:
It is pretty rare to find an all motor with enough work to hang with a catless and Utec STi. I have a couple friends with boosted RSX-S's. One guy has not tracked his car yet, but puts some good distance on my rex (up/dp/mbc). I would say is running solid mid to low 13's with traps around 107-108. The other guy is running very low 13's but should be in 12's due to traction issues. He traps at 112mph.
A s/c rsx-s with all the goodies could have done what happened to you, or an decently tuned turbo rsx-s with bolt on's could have done the same as well.

did you a hear turbo spooling, or BOV?

#7 ·
supersuby said:
I paid attention for a BOV.. it's making me mad.. lol I am going to dyno my car again. LOL. I did check to make sure I am still running 19 psi :rotfl:
dont get upset. there will always be someone faster, and contrary to what many people believe, the honda's and acura's can be REALLY fast. Over here in Chicago you are not hard pressed to find a 13sec or better rsx-s, civic, integra, etc..... They are all over.

#8 · (Edited)
Reminds me of the time I got owned by a 90's SS Impala on the twisties by my house when I had my WRX. And I know these roads like the back of my hand. I was using all the apexes and even cutting turns and I could not lose this SS Impala. Really suprised the hell out of me that that big boat of a car could handle that well.

I hope that RSX guy posts here. I would love to know what he had in his car too. Pictures would be nice as well.

Oh yeah, here's the link to me getting owned: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?t=29671&highlight=SS+Impala

#12 ·
forsaken said:
I ran some guy with a RSX-S with my Stage 2 WRX, and i was pulling on im until 4th gear, and he slowly caught up and walked me to about 125mph. I was mildly surprised, gave the guy thumbs up tho.
all it takes is mild bolt on's on a rsx-s to walk a wrx stageII at those speeds. WRX will only trap 98/99mph or so on stageII. RSX-S with race header, intake, exhaust, hondata, etc.. will trap over 100mph.... not to mention that once over 100mph the rsx-s will continue to be stonger if not stongER, and the rex starts to go downhill.

#13 ·
Most likely a turbo or NO2'ed RSX...you didnt see/hear any IC or BOV? If not most likely running a little lauging gas.

I used to own a modded RSX and you would need a ****load of N/A (BIG cams, ECU, Race Header, CAI, exhaust, weight reduction etc etc) upgrades to keep up with my stage 2 STi.

#16 ·
WRX said:
lmao, where are they? I have yet to run into one in teh burbs.
really, when in Chicago I come across quite a few, and there are also many roaming around the streets of schaumburg/carol stream/bloomingdale that i know of.

#17 ·
polyol said:
He has a stage 2 STi bro...they trap 101 - 104mph stock...stage 2 should be good for 106-109mph...
My post was not in reference to the original thread starter. It was in reference to forsaken's post of his stageII WRX running an RSX-S
forsaken said:
I ran some guy with a RSX-S with my Stage 2 WRX, and i was pulling on im until 4th gear, and he slowly caught up and walked me to about 125mph. I was mildly surprised, gave the guy thumbs up tho.
:p

#19 ·
I bet it was a stage 1 K20 turbo. He said the Rsx was quiet. If it was N/A it would be loud.
Turbo a honda engine and they become much more quiet. If he had a Stage 2. the RSX would have beat the Sti. I have seen a Well built RSX K20 turbo run 11's. :sadwave:

#21 · (Edited)
i know a local guy who has intake race headers (which basically means exhaust running catless) with hondata #4 and he loves doing his 60mph roll. He revs that thing up to 8600k and 60mph roll he claims to beat evos off a roll and s2k's even srt4's. And he said he beat an evo with downpipe. I found it hard to believe but i saw some vids and had an expirience with him when he raced my friends big turbo GTI. guy has posted on this forum challenging sti's. His sn for clubwrx is NICK TYPE S ..i posted a vid of him racing some cars and like i said 60mph rolls only where his in 2nd and basically everyone else is in 3rd.

btw i say he claims but i posted a vid of him beating them all except i havent seen vid of him racing evo's. ..also had a friend with srt4 (stock..well just intake) run him from 30mph roll and he says they did 3 races ..twice heads to head and 3rd time the type s barely pulled..friend told me it sounded like type s was ready to blow up. I reminded him type s was probably in 1st while he was in 2nd.

#22 ·
supersuby said:
Okay... someone try to figure out what this kid had under his hood.I see this rsx-s white big wing droped abit no tints NOT loud. My Sti is white 297 whp . We get to a light and I see the kid looking across at the lights to see when they are changing. I lauh thinking .. is this kid really going ot try and take me from a dig? Turns green and I take off hard no luaunh but hard until 3rd gear.. Get this..as I let off I see this kid ripping up my ass to I get back on the throttle shift to 4th and even went into 5th gear!!! He was 1 car behind me the whole time..WTF?? I kill e46 M3's more than that.. Can it be that he had momentum? What do you think his mods were? I am really surprised to be honest. I posted this up to see if the dude is on clubrsx.com hopefully he is. I really want to know what he had.
It must be because he had momentum

It's a shame you won't come back to the clubrsx boards. If you actually went through the posts, you'd realize there are the types of people who are pissy and reserved about the issues of "street racing"... and then if you read on a bit more in the same thread you created, you'd realize some people speaking their minds.

I own an rsx-s, it's white... with a big wing... but I didn't race anyone on the wilson/dufferin area. Sorry to break it to you, but it wasn't me. As a matter of fact, I only started driving stick since thursday... so really it couldn't be me since I'm having a hard time shifting smoothly enough to keep the car in my "vtec" point... let alone keep up with anyone who's pushing 291 awhp.

Personally, it's all the drama that a lot of people output (whether it be on forums or not) that can and usually do ruin a potential car club bonding. I'm not here to speak on behalf of anyone from clubrsx or whatever. I'm just here voicing my opinion on the matter since you posted that you would never visit clubrsx again....

I'm everywhere learning bits and pieces from the things that interest me most - so do not label me a fanboi of any kind since I know a few friends in SRT4 forums as well and I have any respect for anyone who can bypass their ego for even the slightest moment to give even so much as a glance at another person's car - whether it may or may not be the same car brand, model, or type.

#24 ·
AwdTurboWrx said:
supersuby, i thought you went to clubrsx to give the guy props??? what exactly did you say on that board?

Thats exactly what he did in the beginning and I give him some form of respect going out of his way to give props to an unknown person.

It's just the way that the initial posters of his thread started bashing him in spite of his "street racing experience" that soured everything to a point of no return.

#26 ·
if all was quiet he was spraying. if your not sure if you could hear everything some turbo's can be very quiet as well. it for sure wasn't NA it would of screamed like a banshee.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.