WRX vs G35 Coupe

This is a discussion on WRX vs G35 Coupe within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Yesterday before this race I happened to chase a cls55 amg, and he wanted to play but took his exit ...

WRX vs G35 Coupe

Yesterday before this race I happened to chase a cls55 amg, and he wanted to play but took his exit which was early. a very sick looking car at night and a beautiful exhaust note.

my power mods: uppipe, downpipe, exhaust

I had 2 other people in the car and the g35 only had the driver.

We took it from a 20mph roll and I kept pulling slowly and did not stop pulling. We reached about 90-100 before I stopped it. From an upward stop, he launched, I didn't and he pulled maybe a foot on my car and it stayed even. we flipped a u-turn and on a slight downhill we raced from around a 10mph roll and I pulled again all the way down to 110.

I was somewhat surprised because I thought the g35 would have a better top end. I even let off the gas several times because I wasn't fully sure he was racing at one point.

oh well
    R.I.P. 2004 WRB WRX
    MODS

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by kpxplaya415
    Yesterday before this race I happened to chase a cls55 amg, and he wanted to play but took his exit which was early. a very sick looking car at night and a beautiful exhaust note.

We took it from a 20mph roll and I kept pulling slowly and did not stop pulling. We reached about 90-100 before I stopped it. From an upward stop, he launched, I didn't and he pulled maybe a foot on my car and it stayed even. we flipped a u-turn and on a slight downhill we raced from around a 10mph roll and I pulled again all the way down to 110.

I was somewhat surprised because I thought the g35 would have a better top end. I even let off the gas several times because I wasn't fully sure he was racing at one point.

oh well

nice kill! if you are at all sceptical about your win, he was probably an auto. Even with your mods a G35c 6spd with a decent driver should have put a little distance on you with 2 other people in the car. They run very low 14's and trap at 100mph or so.
    good run though
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

sweet kill
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

Yeah, I hung one day with a G35 from 80-110 and was shocked...I actually creeped up on him a little bit and was really pumped until I found out he was the new AWD "X" version WITH an AT!

Now the other night I was cruising in 5th entering the highway when some guy in a Northstar Caddy (who was 150' behind me in the right lane) decided to floor it and try to blow past me beforfe it went to one lane at the bottom of the ramp. I was messsing with the CD and didnt see this until he was at my door and pulling. By the time I shifted down to third and floroed it all I could do was stay at his side door and ever so slowly creep on him but by that time we were at the bottom of the ramp. Don't know if that is a good or bad thing but it is definitly time to get some mods.

Quote Originally Posted by VOLFAN
    Yeah, I hung one day with a G35 from 80-110 and was shocked...I actually creeped up on him a little bit and was really pumped until I found out he was the new AWD "X" version WITH an AT!

Now the other night I was cruising in 5th entering the highway when some guy in a Northstar Caddy (who was 150' behind me in the right lane) decided to floor it and try to blow past me beforfe it went to one lane at the bottom of the ramp. I was messsing with the CD and didnt see this until he was at my door and pulling. By the time I shifted down to third and floroed it all I could do was stay at his side door and ever so slowly creep on him but by that time we were at the bottom of the ramp. Don't know if that is a good or bad thing but it is definitly time to get some mods.
    I know the feeling.

I got beat by a G35 with an exhaust - maybe other stuff, I don't know. From a dead stop I murdered him on the launch and then he slowly crept on me until about 90. I was at his door when we shut down. Not very bright, but lots of fun. Nice car but the guy didn't wave or even look over after the race. Hey I was happy - my car's all stock and cost $12,000 less than his.

Quote Originally Posted by kpxplaya415

oh well
    Man, where is all this BS coming from lately on this board? First some guys says he beat a modded M3 in his R32 from a roll, then someone says a modded Hemi Magnum ran a 14.7 at a track and now this?! You guys must run into ALOT of ****ty drivers

First off, I dont know what a CLs55 AMG is. If you are talking about a CLK55 AMG and he REALLY wanted to race, you would have had no prayer running him down on the highway in your car. If buy some miracle you did, it wouldnt be much of a race, they carry nearly twice as much HP and TQ as you do. There is also no way in hell you pull on a G35 at high speeds with 2 people in your car

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mball
    Man, where is all this BS coming from lately on this board? First some guys says he beat a modded M3 in his R32 from a roll, then someone says a modded Hemi Magnum ran a 14.7 at a track and now this?! You guys must run into ALOT of ****ty drivers

First off, I dont know what a CLs55 AMG is. If you are talking about a CLK55 AMG and he REALLY wanted to race, you would have had no prayer running him down on the highway in your car. If buy some miracle you did, it wouldnt be much of a race, they carry nearly twice as much HP and TQ as you do. There is also no way in hell you pull on a G35 at high speeds with 2 people in your car
    Ummm...the 2 Magnum's that I've seen run at the track ran mid to high 14's, both had aftermarket exhausts, and one for sure had high flow cats as I spoke to the owner. Whats the big deal...these are extremely heavy vehicles, and FWIW, aren't all that quick.

As for the G35, hey..anythings possible. Was the car automatic? The rex had up/dp/exhaust, so it isn't exactly a slouch.

Don't know if this link works, but here is a quick comparison. http://www.dragtimes.com/compare2.ph...ame=Compare%21
    Click on each car to see it's mods. Obviously the 2 G35's that appear at the top are spraying or FI, and the WRXs are highly modified. Go to their normal times (14s, etc) and you'll start seeing their stock times. The best magnum time is 14.2 here, and the other 2 are mid 14's. No surprises to me.

just to be curious, what do you drive again?
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

J-H
    Quote Originally Posted by mball
    Man, where is all this BS coming from lately on this board?:
    Sorry man, but you are going down each thread and knocking every single post...you know that on the streets everything is possible?

- The guy was chasing a 55 AMG, he did not say he was beating one.....I am ALWAYS chasing one and prolly will until I get one in 10 years LOL

- The Modded M3 was an e36 model not e46. BIG DIFFERENCE

- People have crappy launches...

Just keep reading and following up on the threads and don't bash everything you see...

My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH