cobb 2.5 vs STI
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on cobb 2.5 vs STI within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; well, was on my way to the grocery store with my wife and while slowing down to a stoplight, this ...

cobb 2.5 vs STI

well, was on my way to the grocery store with my wife and while slowing down to a stoplight, this blue STI comes flying by me and comes to a stop as well. i'm behind one car and he's in the next lane with nobody in front of him. and he just starts reving and reving. i look over to give him a peace sign and a nod but he doesn't look over at all. so i'm like what the heck, and my wife usually sees other subaru owners give us the peace sign/nod (only in Virginia, and this incident just happened in Tennessee, where i just recently located to) and she's like "what the heck" as well. so i guess my first impression of the subaru community here is that they aren't too friendly. i'm hoping it's just this guy. anyways, i really did not want to race, and i really really wanted to smoke this sti, but the wife did not want me too. especially since we were in a high policed area. so the light turns green and i obviously expected him to launch the line and show off ( which he did ). i switch lanes and follow him hoping to catch him at the line at the next stoplight. i just wanted a piece! well, he ends up at the next stoplight while i unluckily end up behind another car. light turns green and he launches again and starts flying and i'm just like "who the hell is he trying to race, himself?!" so i pass the car in front of me and follow him again. the next stop light is little bit farther off so i figured why not take him now.
    i see him start slowing down, so i know he's game. i switch lanes again so i can line up with him. i downshift to 2nd and roll up next to him going around 40-45mph. here we go.
    he gets the jump on me, because i wasn't ready, no honks or anything - he just goes.
    so i react of course, and my wife the whole time is "Nooooooooo!" i start pulling on him slowly until i'm at his rear door, and then in 3rd gear, i pull away about a car ahead when we had to shut down due to traffic. we ended up in another situation where i lined up next to him again, and i was waiting for him to go, but he didn't and took a left turn somewhere.
    i think he was stock, not really sure. when i was behind him, i took a peek at his exhaust and i could see stock exhaust piping. he might've had a stealth back but who knows.
    my mods are cobb 2.5 vf30 sti pinks borla headers helix downpipe mrt catback.
    hopefully, i can catch him again with wide open road. and without groceries in the back seat!
    2002 wrx silver

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Awsome!!!! I'm Stg 2.5 as well, and theres this ass kid that lives by me that drives all crazy around me in traffic trying to race and stuff. I'm hoping one day to catch him on an open road....

nice run
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

How high do Cobb 2.5s trap?
    2005 Aspen White STi

I Support ClubWRX
    Good kill. Always nice to take down someone who thinks they have the faster car!!
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

from mid 13's to high 12's
    2002 wrx silver

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyrb98
    from mid 13's to high 12's
    I think he meant trap speed,

I've seen then trap 101-103 untuned and as high as 106 tuned well.

Fess
    05 STi Silver/Silver Goodness!

Quote Originally Posted by 1fastsubie
    I think he meant trap speed,

I've seen then trap 101-103 untuned and as high as 106 tuned well.

Fess
    wow nice. I'm anxious to see what ybnormal is going to trap with his cobb stg 2 setup...that might make up my mind in terms of what mods come next.
    2005 Aspen White STi

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Digitalfiend
    wow nice. I'm anxious to see what ybnormal is going to trap with his cobb stg 2 setup...that might make up my mind in terms of what mods come next.
    hehe..me too! Don't forget the driver mod...the most important one!!
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Sounds like you have a good turbo in that car.
    Used to have stg4 wrx. stuck w/ stg0 srt4
    L.I.S.C #6

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.