STi vs 350Z - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

This is a discussion on STi vs 350Z within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by 350zboy Maybe because the cars in stock form are damn close in terms of raw speed and ...

Actually his car is real fast.....

Quote Originally Posted by 350zboy
    Maybe because the cars in stock form are damn close in terms of raw speed and performance! Your post makes you sound so ignorant.

These threads are pointless and your position is just as dumb as what your *****ing about.
    I am sure there are plenty of 350z's in LI that are more than willing to show your their taillights. Seriously you want to take on a 350z TT? Why not find one with a built engine and running lots of boost too ? Sounds like you think your car is faster than any other car on the planet. Dont be such a dumbass, the STi is fast but there will always be a faster car and in the end WHO CARES.

BTW, my dad is tougher than yours.

Not for nothing, but Stiguy has yet to have a problem with "Z-Fastest" cars around. Too bad there wasn't a camcorder around when he dusted one a few weeks ago. Also maybe if I had the power he had, I wouldn't waste my time on slower cars also.
    If you can't run fairly from a dig, take your rolls back to the bakery.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Driver's race......sure!

Driver's race from a roll ?! Can I have some of what everyone else is smoking?

What skill does it take to match speed without another car and then beep 3 times?

You can take a monkey and throw them into a car and teach them to put their foot down at a certain speed...skill....nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Techie

What skill does it take to match speed without another car and then beep 3 times?

You can take a monkey and throw them into a car and teach them to put their foot down at a certain speed...skill....nope.
    Get a a clue genious! If your going to compare an AWD 4 Cyl boosted Rally car with a RWD 6 cyl NA car then accept that the rolling start. Besides since when is this about skill ? A drivers race just means the cars are close enough in perf. that the driver will make more of a diff. than the car. Get it ?

Seriously, I didnt come to this site to get into these rediculous discussions and frankly I dont care. I came here because I am considering an STI as my second car (for my DD actually). What I dont get is why you guys dont worry more about the EVO's?

Whatever, mine is def. bigger than yours.
    Last edited by 350zboy; 03-06-2005 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Techie

AMEN.....

I love starting Drama
    LISC #1
    05 STi - 300whp 331wtq 1/4 - 12.7 @107.4 (SOLD)
    06 Evo IX 370whp 386wtq (Under Construction)

I knew that, I read your other thread!

You tell me Mr. 350Z

Get a a clue genious! If your going to compare an AWD 4 Cyl boosted Rally car with a RWD 6 cyl NA car then accept that the rolling start. Besides since when is this about skill ? A drivers race just means the cars are close enough in perf. that the driver will make more of a diff. than the car. Get it ?

Seriously, I didnt come to this site to get into these rediculous discussions and frankly I dont care. I came here because I am considering an STI as my second car (for my DD actually). What I dont get is why you guys dont worry more about the EVO's?

Since when it this about skill...**** you tell me. It was the 350 owners who always say "it's a drivers race from a roll". Since I am the genious as you stated I would think with a statement like that it implys that some degree of skill is needed to run from a roll. Then again it wasn't the Scoobie owners who formulated a comment like that to prove themselves on the road.

Also do yourself a favor, don't buy yourself a STI as a DD. You might get used to the power and sell your other car.

"Rolls are for bakeries" - Techie

amen brutha man!

I beat a 350 from a stop and a roll. He didnt look too happy beaing beaten by a wagon.
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

who the fukc races from a roll! i hate when people talk isht about my car all nite, then i ask them to run, and they say, alright lets go from a roll. its ridiculous, yeah lets go to the dragstrip and race from a dam roll, its ridiculous man!
    and i do love 350z, great cars, but come on!
    04 black evo!!!!
    Car How To

350z's are beautiful cars, I even considered owning one.....but that quickly passed. As far as the whole racing from a roll goes the 350z owners know that's the only realm they stand a chance in. I mean come on, every car has its strong points and ours, WRX/STi happens to be AWD and the 350z owners have to take that away to have a chance to win. I just hate elitest owners who think their cars are a "Gift from God."

Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

You can't blame them all....

They're a certain few "troll hunters" over there who like to talk **** about how great their cars are and how they're well matched for scoobies. Its those tools who are the ones that need to get out and prove their point, not the noobs who follow them. Case in point.....have you ever seen some of the biggest **** talkers over at 350Z post vids. I did and I can tell you the one with the STI was from a roll and the one with the SRT-4 on some quiet street look rigged. Honestly it looked like both races looked lame and kind of out of each cars element. If that Silver 350Z want to go from a roll, why didn't he do it with the SRT-4? I'll tell you why, becuase he would've gotten raped. The same deal with that STI, the STI would've dusted that 350Z like the ton of bricks it is. I like watching rigged races by the top big mouths over there. What's going to be better is the real heads up races between us and them this spring. Only 3 more weeks to go......see you on Long Island.

I have been reading this for a few days and I had to find out for myself. I have a frrend who has an orange 350z: manual, CAI, exhaust, 18 inch rims. I have a cobb 2.5. I have beat Sti's before but usaully only by a car or so. We raced from a dig to about 140 mph(I stopped at 140). I ended with about 2 buses on him. We raced from a 20 mph roll to 120 mph and I had about 4 cars on him. Then from a 60 mph to 120mph and I only had about 3 cars on him. I know we are both modded, but out of the three times I have raced three different Sti's, I can not see how a 350z can beat a stock Sti. It is apples and oranges.

Sti > 350z in terms of speed
    350z > Sti in terms of looks

Banned

"rediculous" .....nice spelling.

If you're dumb enough to misspell a common word like that, you're likely dumb enough to believe your car can beat an STi.

I test drove an American Z hard top last summer and the thing was pretty damn slow. Even the UK ones aren't much faster. The 6 speed shifted nicely but this car was no dynamo. I can't believe how delusional the owners are if they think they've got a fast car.

Decent drivers have run high 12's on stock sti's, what are the good drivers running on stock 350's? Wasn't it 13.4 or so? Sounds close to me in terms of performance.

go back to your forum trolly.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.