STi vs 350Z - Page 3
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

This is a discussion on STi vs 350Z within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Digitalfiend Well it doesn't weigh 200-300lbs less... The Z's range from 3,188lbs (base) to 3,299 (35th anniversary ...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Digitalfiend
    Well it doesn't weigh 200-300lbs less...

The Z's range from 3,188lbs (base) to 3,299 (35th anniversary edition), so if anything they might be lighter than the STi which weighs in between 3,268-3300lbs.

Our power advantage is probably semi negated by our AWD. What brings the advantage back into our favour is our traction down low (from a stop or low roll) and the fact that our gearing is setup for quick 0-90ish runs.

While I still believe the STi to be faster, I don't think it is the murdering some people make it out to be. We just have a much better advantage in the power mods department (up until you factor in the expensive turbo kits for the Z.)
    Mate, I reckon that if it's a Z convertible it could be 3500 to 3600 lbs.!

Whilst their specs look good on paper, they do not truly have 280 HP.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleSIG220
    Mate, I reckon that if it's a Z convertible it could be 3500 to 3600 lbs.!

Whilst their specs look good on paper, they do not truly have 280 HP.
    There traps speak for themselves...
    04 WRX
    14.1@94 Mods: TBE 90octane

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    Sorry man...not to be a real dlckhead, but when does rev matching have anything to do with racing from a roll? Silly me....I only do this when I downshift . Sorry dude...just couldn't resit. Please forgive my sarcasm.
    I dont follow.

what do you think happens if your traveling at 60mph in 5th gear and downshift to 3rd and try to rev match the rpm's and you over-compensate??? you are going to be wating a while for that turbo to get back up there.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I like Z's but have to admit the kill stories at this 350z forum crack me up. Cobra's, AMG's, Vettes's you name and that have all been crushed by the power of the Z! I understand if you have the TT setup but a lot of these are stock or CAI setup only.

http://www.350zmotoring.com/forums/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by fastwrx135
    Someone challenged you on my350z.com, but he said you didn't reply to his challenge. Why don't you race him?? afraid?? Send him a PM on my350z.com. His name is "Integrity". Apparently he wants to shut you up.
    lol....afraid....you need to do better research, I've chatted many many times with integrity and know exactly who he is. Funny how I miss his one post from last night and now i'm labeled afraid to accept his challenge? Come on man...
    I've already pm'ed him this morning and as I've said to him a ton of times I will meet up whenever. I tried as close as a few weeks ago since the guy works in Leesburg but he generally doesn't bring his Z out to Va for work. So I told him we would meet up sometime this spring because he and another guy from Baltimore have been wanting to meet up with DrDrome (who is also from VA). I even asked if those guys wanted to meet up at MIR for the dc/va/md track day later this month. Our schedules just have not matched up to date but we'll get together.
    It will happen sometime in the next month or so.
    Volvo S60 R (as of July 05)

Formerly ka: BlackWrx
    SOLD 7/05----04 Silver STI
    SOLD: 02 black sedan, Lots of mods

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    I dont follow.

what do you think happens if your traveling at 60mph in 5th gear and downshift to 3rd and try to rev match the rpm's and you over-compensate??? you are going to be wating a while for that turbo to get back up there.

Was just pingin' 'ya a little bit. The race doesn't include the downshift to match speeds does it? Your other post kind of implied that part of the rolling race includes the downshifting part, which it doesn't. If so, it's not going to be even at all. Thats why we have the 3 beep rule. Otherwise, it become a chase from a roll, not a run from a roll.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Ha ha! I love all these WRX owners bench racing the STi...just love it.

A solution to all of this........

Why is that everything has to be from a roll with a 350Z or a G35? Why can't you people just run a fair heads up race from a light or a stop? Then the "my350Z.com" crowd starts to whine about the AWD advantage and claims "that a set of DRs will take away our advantage". Changing your tires no longer makes a car "stock" so we can play that also. (cough, bigger snail, cough)

Why doesn't someone just tape a few runs and post the results?

or

Englishtown, NJ on the 12th (next week) Street Wars.

You can't get anymore legit than that and you run what you bring. Plenty of camcorders will be on hand so let's see how it turns out.
    Last edited by Techie; 03-06-2005 at 03:38 PM.
    If you can't run fairly from a dig, take your rolls back to the bakery.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Techie
    Why is that everything has to be from a roll with a 350Z or a G35? Why can't you people just run a fair heads up race from a light or a stop? Then the "my350Z.com" crowd starts to whine about the AWD advantage and claims "that a set of DRs while take away our advantage". Changing your tires no longer makes a car "stock" so we can play that also. (cough, bigger snail, cough)

Why doesn't someone just tape a few runs and post the results?

or

Englishtown, NJ on the 12th (next week) Street Wars.

You can't get anymore legit than that and you run what you bring. Plenty of camcorders will be on hand so let's see how it turns out.
    Ditto at Cecil County Dragway, Grudge Night (fri or Sat night after 6 PM). I'll bring the camara. The 350Z owner can name the night, and if work isn't impeding me, I'll be there. Oh..forgot...can I run if I'm modded? You can use DRs.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

nice run
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

Why does this topic always being brought up?? Ok, any 350z modded lightly or if u have a twin turbo setup, i will race you anytime from a dig, or a roll. I dont car at all. Why do they need to say they are faster when it is a fact that they are not. It is not a drivers race in any aspect. They are V6's that are not that fast. They are fast, but not STi fast. Get over it....i dont want to see these threads again.
    LISC #1
    05 STi - 300whp 331wtq 1/4 - 12.7 @107.4 (SOLD)
    06 Evo IX 370whp 386wtq (Under Construction)

Quote Originally Posted by STiguy
    Why does this topic always being brought up?? Ok, any 350z modded lightly or if u have a twin turbo setup, i will race you anytime from a dig, or a roll. I dont car at all. Why do they need to say they are faster when it is a fact that they are not. It is not a drivers race in any aspect. They are V6's that are not that fast. They are fast, but not STi fast. Get over it....i dont want to see these threads again.
    Maybe because the cars in stock form are damn close in terms of raw speed and performance! Your post makes you sound so ignorant.

These threads are pointless and your position is just as dumb as what your *****ing about.
    I am sure there are plenty of 350z's in LI that are more than willing to show your their taillights. Seriously you want to take on a 350z TT? Why not find one with a built engine and running lots of boost too ? Sounds like you think your car is faster than any other car on the planet. Dont be such a dumbass, the STi is fast but there will always be a faster car and in the end WHO CARES.

BTW, my dad is tougher than yours.

*puts flame suit on*

--Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

I don't post much but this is just my own opinion, racing from a roll takes absolutley no skill at all, period. Just my 2 cents.....

350zBoy!!!!!!!! hey im not ignorant buddy, i just believe that i can beat a 350z, and i have many a time. And i do not think my car is the fastest in the world, i have lost plenty of times. But never to a Z. And i just had that these threads, the cars are nothing alike. The STi is a faster car hands down, there is not competition in the Z. Please, prove me wrong
    LISC #1
    05 STi - 300whp 331wtq 1/4 - 12.7 @107.4 (SOLD)
    06 Evo IX 370whp 386wtq (Under Construction)