STi vs 350Z - Page 2
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

This is a discussion on STi vs 350Z within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by DTR rex wow, your real tough. challenging a stock G35 automatic in your STi. I bet you ...

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    wow, your real tough. challenging a stock G35 automatic in your STi. I bet you just made your p3nis feel 3" bigger there, didn't you

wow, that was so original and funny that I am speechless..................
    O wait, no it wasn't. first off the 350Z traps about 2mph higher than a G35c and runs the 1/4 about .2sec quicker as well. That makes a pretty big difference when racing. calling out his G35 and then putting him and his car down demonstrates the maturity of a 10 year old.. congrats to you!!!111oneonee
    second, he is perfectly justified in what he says. He never said a 350Z will beat an STI, he was simply implying that too many people here think that their stock STi will put bus lengths on a 350Z from a roll, and as a matter of fact he is right. Who cares what the 350z people say or think, he is simply defending his own logic, and who are you to say that he is wrong.

grow up and look down your pants. I dont think your D!ck is nearly as big as you think it is
    It must be jackazz night. The original post was an sti beating the crap out of a z. My comments were a response to an ex-wrx owner talking smack (even though he now owns a slower car). And I sure hope a z traps alot more than 2mph faster than a G35 or I will NEVER believe a z can beat an sti. Show me the threads where "all" off us think it will be buslengths on a z? Yea, that's what I thought...you're talking out your ass. The truth is that most of us sti owners DO believe we will beat a z. There have been plenty of cases that have supported that claim (another in this thread).
    As for the ***** comments, who's the 10 yr old? You're just another loser that bought a car to overcompensate for his lack of cock, how gay. Lame, pretty lame to start **** like that isn't it?
    Volvo S60 R (as of July 05)

Formerly ka: BlackWrx
    SOLD 7/05----04 Silver STI
    SOLD: 02 black sedan, Lots of mods

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    Yep. We are. Because it's true. Provide proof otherwise please? As I've said again and again (as you well know), I never got beat by one when I was stock. I don't know of a single STi owner that has been beat by one (and I know quite a few). All I have to go by is my own experiences and what others who I trust have told me. The insistance that it is a drivers race is (again) silly, as (again) it's ALWAYS a drivers race. To put it simply, any given car at any given time with any given driver under any given conditions can beat any other car. Yes, the Z is a good performer. But why are they so concerned about beating an STi? Especially from a roll? I see them trash SRT4 owners a lot, yet from a roll, again, it's the SRT4 for the majority of the time. Maybe there are some instances of a Z beating an STi. Bound to happen. Heck, I'm bound to get beat by one. Have you raced either car against the other? If not, why do you keep popping up here, albeit undercover of "they"..meaning the 350Z owners. Can this subject please get dropped? It's becoming one of those urban legends. although folks tend to forget about the porker Z roadster..something like 3500+ lbs if I remember correctly)

As Digitfiend has pointed out (here and previously), the cars are closely matched when you look at the specs (unless it's the poker Z roadster..what, something like +3500 lbs??). BUT, if you look at the gear ratios, and more importantly, the torque/HP curves, you'll see why an STi takes a 350Z. Power is on earlier and peaks faster for an STi. Even a Vortech supplied 350Z doesn't hit it's peak numbers until will into the 5 and 6K range. An STi is good on max torque anywhere from 3 to 4.5K, and Hp usually peaks around 4.5-5.5K. The common belief that an STi runs out of breath at higher speeds is not correct. It does run out of gear, which could be interpreted as running out of air (or boost if you prefer), but it not enough to make it a "drivers" race. Granted, the 350Z has a flatter power curve then the STi, which will make a difference at very high speeds, but not enough (IMHO) to overtake an STi, especially from a stop.

ok...I'm done here.
    perfectly stated

I understand your frustration towards the plethora of threads about the STi vs 350z lately, they have gotten rather out of hand.
    first off, to correct your misconception on the G35c: an automatic will run a 14.5 completely stock. This will allow it to run next to a wrx in the 1/4 and maybe hang behind "just a bit" if the wrx driver is fairly decent and still beat the rex from a roll. a G35c 6spd manual will run very low 14's (14.0-14.3) and there are even a few in the high 13's I know of. This will walk a wrx in the 1/4, and completely destroy it from a roll, trapping nearly 5+ mph higher than a stock wrx.

Just because he made a switch to a G35c means nothing. He was having excessive reliability issues with his stageIV wrx and wanted something more reliable and luxurious. And to further reiterate what I was saying in my last post, Fastwrx135 is not "talking smack" he simply stated a point based on his own logic. His logic is not incorrect, its merely based from experience which I would tend to agree with in certain aspects.
    as for the "z punks should line em up, or shut up" remark, this may be rathe true for the 350Z forums, but fastwrx135 seems to just be saying that too many STi owners think they will rape and put bus lengths on a 350Z. This is not true in most cases, both make similar hp with similar weight, but the STi happens to trap about 1-2mph higher with machines being operated by compentent drivers.
    So am I supposed to be impressed with a G35 running 14's? Your post is slightly less provoking than your last (which you might guess pissed me off). You know a guys car is slow when he has to start with ***** comments right off the bat....that was pretty lame dude and does nothing but annoy me. I have offered on the 350 site a 1000 times to get some z to spank my sti from a stop, roll, whatever...hell, i'll race em backwards but these guys talk a ton of smack but NEVER show up to show me. I have read a ton of threads on this site of the exact opposite, an sti killing a z so what am I to believe? As for fastwrx, I have never said I will put buslengths on a z but I do believe that if you took a substantial number of both cars...50...100...500 and ran them the sti would win by an overwhelming majority. I beg anyone to prove that argument incorrect.

Look at their trap speeds. They are pretty similar. Sport compact posted 105mph trap speed on stock STi, which I think is hard to believe. Most STi's trap 101-102mph.

Banned

my350z.com LOL

are a bunch of LOSERS,,
    worse than SRT-4 forums

Quote Originally Posted by Silver04Sti
    It must be jackazz night. The original post was an sti beating the crap out of a z. My comments were a response to an ex-wrx owner talking smack (even though he now owns a slower car). And I sure hope a z traps alot more than 2mph faster than a G35 or I will NEVER believe a z can beat an sti. Show me the threads where "all" off us think it will be buslengths on a z? Yea, that's what I thought...you're talking out your ass. The truth is that most of us sti owners DO believe we will beat a z. There have been plenty of cases that have supported that claim (another in this thread).
    As for the ***** comments, who's the 10 yr old? You're just another loser that bought a car to overcompensate for his lack of cock, how gay. Lame, pretty lame to start **** like that isn't it?
    Point out where i was talking smack??? Look at your own posts if you want to see smack talking. I never once said that my car can beat an STi. Yes it may be slow, but so what?? Im not into the modding scene anymore. I got a G35c for many reasons and speed wasn't one of them. If you lived in my area, i would be more than happy to challenge you to a race. Unfortunately we are far away from each other.

As for 1/4 mile stats for an automatic G35 coupe, I got a 14.6@98.5mph. This was during a 40 degree night, summer tires (Pilot Sports), and with no brake torque (launch) due to traction issues. Even without launching, my tires still wouldn't grip which led to a crappy 2.52 60'. In better weather and track conditions, i should be at about 14.3@99-100mph. You call this slow for a N/A V6?? If so, you have lots to learn buddy.
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

sweet.
    I never said a Z will beat an STi. I agree that an STi will win 8/10 times but we have a lot of STi owners that think that a Z is completely inferior to them. Although the STi is the faster vehicle, it usually only pulls a couple cars on a 350Z. Its hardly the margin many people think it is. and if I bought my car to overcompensate for my lack of cock wouldn't I have bought a Z28 or Mustang?? The wrx is not a straightline car, and therefore not a prime choice for ego or cock compensation.

I am not going to sit here and argue with you. I have more productive things to spend my time on.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

So am I supposed to be impressed with a G35 running 14's? Your post is slightly less provoking than your last (which you might guess pissed me off). You know a guys car is slow when he has to start with ***** comments right off the bat....that was pretty lame dude and does nothing but annoy me. I have offered on the 350 site a 1000 times to get some z to spank my sti from a stop, roll, whatever...hell, i'll race em backwards but these guys talk a ton of smack but NEVER show up to show me. I have read a ton of threads on this site of the exact opposite, an sti killing a z so what am I to believe? As for fastwrx, I have never said I will put buslengths on a z but I do believe that if you took a substantial number of both cars...50...100...500 and ran them the sti would win by an overwhelming majority. I beg anyone to prove that argument incorrect.
    I thought I would stop, but actually this is kinda fun

well first off, the last thing I would want to do is annoy or upset you... we dont want that

I dont expect you to be impressed with low 14's, but I do think its kinda impressive that the car that runs low 14's to very high 13's will trap just about the same as your low to mid 13sec STi.
    You can call my car slow all you want. I dont particularly think a 13.3 is "slow" but its not "fast" either.. but I dont think it's half bad. My comments of your small man hood was directed towards your over-inflated ego and the fact that your might think your cock is a little bigger than it actually is. See, in the real world we dont go around challenging everyone to a drag race when we have a point to prove. particularly cars you know you will beat. the logical and sensible thing to do is discuss it and work out kinks via communication, experiences and facts.
    where do you live anyways? I know a couple Z's that would love to race you if your so bent on drag racing to prove a point that can easily be solved otherwise
    Just call me Clark Kent

Yep. We are. Because it's true. Provide proof otherwise please? As I've said again and again (as you well know), I never got beat by one when I was stock. I don't know of a single STi owner that has been beat by one (and I know quite a few). All I have to go by is my own experiences and what others who I trust have told me. The insistance that it is a drivers race is (again) silly, as (again) it's ALWAYS a drivers race. To put it simply, any given car at any given time with any given driver under any given conditions can beat any other car. Yes, the Z is a good performer. But why are they so concerned about beating an STi? Especially from a roll? I see them trash SRT4 owners a lot, yet from a roll, again, it's the SRT4 for the majority of the time. Maybe there are some instances of a Z beating an STi. Bound to happen. Heck, I'm bound to get beat by one. Have you raced either car against the other? If not, why do you keep popping up here, albeit undercover of "they"..meaning the 350Z owners. Can this subject please get dropped? It's becoming one of those urban legends. although folks tend to forget about the porker Z roadster..something like 3500+ lbs if I remember correctly)

As Digitfiend has pointed out (here and previously), the cars are closely matched when you look at the specs (unless it's the poker Z roadster..what, something like +3500 lbs??). BUT, if you look at the gear ratios, and more importantly, the torque/HP curves, you'll see why an STi takes a 350Z. Power is on earlier and peaks faster for an STi. Even a Vortech supplied 350Z doesn't hit it's peak numbers until will into the 5 and 6K range. An STi is good on max torque anywhere from 3 to 4.5K, and Hp usually peaks around 4.5-5.5K. The common belief that an STi runs out of breath at higher speeds is not correct. It does run out of gear, which could be interpreted as running out of air (or boost if you prefer), but it not enough to make it a "drivers" race. Granted, the 350Z has a flatter power curve then the STi, which will make a difference at very high speeds, but not enough (IMHO) to overtake an STi, especially from a stop.

ok...I'm done here.
    First off, thanks for a mature and informative response. Some STi owners here are very childish and really give you guys a bad rap, but as in any other car forum, you will have these types unfortunately.

Second, I understand your point of view. You can only go by your own experiences, as well as, others that you have seen. I, personally, have never witnessed a Z vs. STi on the road so i can't say for sure. I have seen my fair share of kill stories about the Z beating the STi. Now how can i believe one but not the other?? I believe the stories on here every bit as much as the ones i read on the Z boards. Therefore, my opinion is that Z vs. STi can go either way. Thats all im trying to say. I don't mind, nor do i care, if someone says they beat a Z from a roll. Thats fine because it is possible. Its when people start talking trash, is when i feel i have to say something in defense of the Z.

I think there is a bit of a miscommunication here. I think the main topic on hand is that generally a STi will beat a Z more times than not from a roll. BUT the STi will not win by as much as many might think. also, just because the Zboard has threads about beating an STi does not make it false. I have seen STi's pull off 14's at the track, I have seen wrx's pull off 15's. All it takes is a poor gear selection or poor rev matching when racing from a roll to make or break the race... PARTICULARLY with cars that are relatively close in 'roll-on" performance such as these 2 vehicles
    Just call me Clark Kent

Sorry, don't mean to come off like a **** but frankly I'm tired of these sti/350/G35 threads.......none of these chumps want to race to shut me up....I personally don't buy that they are faster, but that's my opinion. .
    Someone challenged you on my350z.com, but he said you didn't reply to his challenge. Why don't you race him?? afraid?? Send him a PM on my350z.com. His name is "Integrity". Apparently he wants to shut you up.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by fastwrx135
    First off, thanks for a mature and informative response. Some STi owners here are very childish and really give you guys a bad rap, but as in any other car forum, you will have these types unfortunately.

Second, I understand your point of view. You can only go by your own experiences, as well as, others that you have seen. I, personally, have never witnessed a Z vs. STi on the road so i can't say for sure. I have seen my fair share of kill stories about the Z beating the STi. Now how can i believe one but not the other?? I believe the stories on here every bit as much as the ones i read on the Z boards. Therefore, my opinion is that Z vs. STi can go either way. Thats all im trying to say. I don't mind, nor do i care, if someone says they beat a Z from a roll. Thats fine because it is possible. Its when people start talking trash, is when i feel i have to say something in defense of the Z.
    I understand and appreciate your level headed response, and completely respect your opinion. A few statements though...look at my numbers. Name ONE Z that has even come close them without any mods? I'm sure you can understand my perspective even from a bench racing POV. Every now and then I see someone posting outrageous claims of how bad they beat a Z, but that goes for just about every class of car, not just the Z. The majority of those posting wins over and STi here are well within the realm of believeability. Regardless of the speed, distance, time, etc., a win is a win is a win. When it comes down to it, the one performance category that a 350Z will consistently win over an STi is in bracket racing...because they come with an automatic. Which begs the question...does a real sports car (as it's labeled) have an automatic? Heck...ours has 4 doors yet you can't get an automatic with it. And I haven't seen Subaru building SUV's on our platform yet. Does Nissan? OK...cheap shots, but you get my drift. I just get a bit irate over these claims, knowing in my heart they aren't true. My favorite is the comparison of trap speeds. Does anyone know the meaing of power curves and gear ratios? Any trap is possible. I have a 70 cuda that tops out in the quarter....at 105 mph. But is it faster than my STi? Nope...over a second slower...it's all in the gearing. ok..gotta hit the rack.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

I Support ClubWRX
    I think there is a bit of a miscommunication here. I think the main topic on hand is that generally a STi will beat a Z more times than not from a roll. BUT the STi will not win by as much as many might think. also, just because the Zboard has threads about beating an STi does not make it false. I have seen STi's pull off 14's at the track, I have seen wrx's pull off 15's. All it takes is a poor gear selection or poor rev matching when racing from a roll to make or break the race... PARTICULARLY with cars that are relatively close in 'roll-on" performance such as these 2 vehicles
    Sorry man...not to be a real dlckhead, but when does rev matching have anything to do with racing from a roll? Silly me....I only do this when I downshift . Sorry dude...just couldn't resit. Please forgive my sarcasm.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Hmm

Let me add my 02 cents, a bad driver is a bad driver and anything can happen. With that said I have had about 7 encounters with the Z and none have been pretty for the other driver. Out of those 7 times about 2-3 times I was stock and it was not a close race. The other times I was at some stage of modded. From a dead stop which is the only kind of race that counts it is not even close.......from a roll it's a bit better for the Z guys but not a close race with "equal" drivers. I think the most memorable one I had was with me 240lbs, my cousin 185lbs and my girl 120lbs against a Z with just one passenger. I actually gave him a fighting chance from a dig, did not launch. I had a dp with no tuning no other mods, did a roll out and preceded to put about 4-5 car lengths before cutting it. Next light I asked him to roll down his window and I quipped "You need more boost!". LOL I was an ass but he laughed and so did we and headed off in our respective directions. I have driven the Z and would volunteer to say it needs more low and mid range punch, but once the car gets going at speed it shines. Once again anything can happen so makes no sense trying to differentiate who would win, just go out and try first hand. While being safe and acting in a responsible way if that's possible?>
    2004 Wrb Sti- Mildly modded!........pause......pause....."NOT!"

I have a 70 cuda that tops out in the quarter....at 105 mph. But is it faster than my STi? Nope...over a second slower...it's all in the gearing. ok..gotta hit the rack.
    Thank god to awd...coz if that cuda had awd and a 105 trap it would be quicker than your 12.9 sti...
    04 WRX
    14.1@94 Mods: TBE 90octane