Stage 2.5 vs. Turbo Teg

This is a discussion on Stage 2.5 vs. Turbo Teg within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well, it seems I too did my homework. On my way home tonight I was nearing my house and I ...

Stage 2.5 vs. Turbo Teg

Well, it seems I too did my homework. On my way home tonight I was nearing my house and I noticed to beedy-eyed headlights pull up behind me. "Oh no," I thought, "another riced out integra."
    As we rounded the turn onto the two lane road he pulled up next to me.... Pfftt, pffftt, pffft!!!! Turbo! Just what I had been looking for. We ran just once from 2nd to the middle of 3rd ending up dead even with nobody pulling. We both had to slow for traffic at that point.
    He was a cool guy and we chatted for a sec at the stoplight before the green sent us our seperate ways. If I was to own an Integra, thats exactly how mine would be. Clean, and the only give away was the obnoxious turbo spool and compressor stall, and a shiny (but not ricey) muffler. No sticker, gay tailights or any of that. Good race, sweet car and cool guy. .

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice! Just the other day I saw a turbo Integra drive by me as I was turning. Very loud...and saw the FMIC in the rearview mirror.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

nice run. When modded tastefully those can be incredible cars. If I hadn't bought my wrx I would have more than likely turbo'd my GSR. what fun that must be
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycam31
    Well, it seems I too did my homework. On my way home tonight I was nearing my house and I noticed to beedy-eyed headlights pull up behind me. "Oh no," I thought, "another riced out integra."
    As we rounded the turn onto the two lane road he pulled up next to me.... Pfftt, pffftt, pffft!!!! Turbo! Just what I had been looking for. We ran just once from 2nd to the middle of 3rd ending up dead even with nobody pulling. We both had to slow for traffic at that point.
    He was a cool guy and we chatted for a sec at the stoplight before the green sent us our seperate ways. If I was to own an Integra, thats exactly how mine would be. Clean, and the only give away was the obnoxious turbo spool and compressor stall, and a shiny (but not ricey) muffler. No sticker, gay tailights or any of that. Good race, sweet car and cool guy. .
    Nice run. The guy must still be on the stock block or he isn't tuned. I have a friend with a fully built b16 motor and a T3/T4 turbo on his Teg. He ran a 13.3@118mph on street tires.
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

Quote Originally Posted by fastwrx135
    Nice run. The guy must still be on the stock block or he isn't tuned. I have a friend with a fully built b16 motor and a T3/T4 turbo on his Teg. He ran a 13.3@118mph on street tires.
    Whew! Nice trap speed on that sucker!! Yea, it was quick for sure, but nothing amazingly fast.

Quote Originally Posted by fastwrx135
    wow, thats one helluva high trap speed. He must have been spinning like a mofo to only run a 13.3

Cam would have him the 1/4 though still. On his setup he should not have much trouble dipping comfortably into the 12's
    Just call me Clark Kent

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    wow, thats one helluva high trap speed. He must have been spinning like a mofo to only run a 13.3

Cam would have him the 1/4 though still. On his setup he should not have much trouble dipping comfortably into the 12's
    yea, he musta had a hellva time with traction. FYI though, this isn't the car that I ran.... If he had that trap speed he woulda smoked me.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

He was spinning all the way through 3rd gear

My friend and his brother put about $20k worth of mods into it and installed everything themselves. He did go back to the track after that 13.3 run. He put on some drag radials, but he was still running the stock axles and on the first run they snapped. Right now, they are in the process of making it faster. I wish i could tell ya what they're doing to it, but they moved out of state recently and its hard to keep in touch.
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

Quote Originally Posted by crazycam31
    yea, he musta had a hellva time with traction. FYI though, this isn't the car that I ran.... If he had that trap speed he woulda smoked me.
    yeah I know, it was in reference to the teg that fastwrx135 brought up. I wonder what motor swap, if any the guy you ran had?
    Just call me Clark Kent

Nice run, we have a guy up here running a integra ls w/ a backyard turbo build running 12.6@110...wish i could have kept my honda heh
    04 WRX
    14.1@94 Mods: TBE 90octane

nice run
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?