The dry streak is over!

This is a discussion on The dry streak is over! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well, I guess it's a sign that winter is starting to fade (I HOPE!!). Went to Cecil tonight since it ...

I Support ClubWRX

The dry streak is over!

Well, I guess it's a sign that winter is starting to fade (I HOPE!!). Went to Cecil tonight since it was supposed to open last weekend. Got out there and lots of cars in the entrances, but the track wasn't open. Tossed some smack with some kids that wanted to run for $200, but left when I heard "uh..next weekend..in my S10".

Sooo...we headed into Newark. Cruised around, saw a lot of cars, but nothing worthwhile. Parked for a bit and yacked with some friends in the area. Pulled out came back around the other way, and saw some HID conversions coming my way, zigging around to catch up. I slowed down and two guys in a gutted white civic hatch pulled up. Sounded nice...no rice to be seen either. Said he had a b16 swap, but was still waiting on headers and such. Did a quick 3 beep run and dusted him quickly. Thumbs up all around and continued on. Did a circuit again and low and behold, another pair of converted lights zigging their way up. Pulls up next to me and its a GST Spyder. Very clean, fairly quiet, but a blow off valve in evidence. Didn't know what he wanted to do as he kept slowly creeping forward then slowing down. Windows up, but could see a female passenge in the car. Thought it might be female driver. Motioned for the window to be rolled down, and they finally did. Male driver. Complimented him on his clean ride... response. . Asked if it was fast, just a head nod. Said if it is, follow me. Pulled out into 4 laner with lights, waited for him to catch up. Gets up next to me and I do 3 beeps and waited for him to go. Nothing . I start to yell whats up, and he takes off. I nail it, and with his head start, don't start to walk him till bottom of 4th (started in 2nd), at which point he shuts it down. All the while, the b16 swap civic is behind us. We all pull a uturn and head back the other way. This time, I don't give him a break, 3 beeps and I'm gone. 4 car lengths pretty quickly then I shut it down. Watched the B16 and GST go at it for a short distance, couldnt' tell who came out on top. Later on, the guys in the civic said they were as confused as me as the guy didn't seem to know what was going on. Spoke to the GST owner later and he said he had DP and exhaust. Kind of doubt it, as it was much quicker than stock.
    Last of the night was a Typhoon. Yep...1995, 50K miles, stock except exhaust. Happened to be a friend of my passenger. He had bought it about 6 months ago, and at the track, posted a 12.9 @ 98 . Finally understood when he said it wouldn't shift out of 3rd so he had to back out of it. He wanted to run, and I was a bit worried, so we just yacked for a while. We finally headed out to go home, and he happened to be headed in the same direction, so I followed him to the same stretch we ran the GST on. Waited and waited for a break, finally got one. 3 beeps, and I waited on the other driver again. He finally nails it, got his front about half a car ahead of me, and we stayed even before shutting down due to traffic. Got another chance at a light, but he lined up behind me . After the green light we started slowly rolling. I rolled the window down, counted to 3 with my fingers, and waited until I saw his lights bounce up. This time I was ready, hit it hard, and kept him behind me, with I think a bit of walk on our end. What a relief...thought he was going to rape me.

So...3 and 0 for the night. Gotta say, probably had more fun than I would have at Cecil. Oh yeah, 3 different mustangs, including an older Cobra didn't want anything to do with me. Threw some revs at me, then back off. Man..I wanted some v8 tonight. All done...night!!!

edit..almost forgot the 1st and best run of the night. Guy in a WRB stock STi. We do a quick 3 beep and I get a car length quickly before shutting down for a light. We both roll out gently from the light, and I waited for him to nail it. He does, then I do, and by the time I hit 4th, had a good 3 lengths on him and pulling away HARD!!!. So....stage 2 seems to be working pretty good

I'm still adjusting to the need for an earlier shift from 1st to 2nd. It raps out much quicker now, and of the 4 runs I had, 3 of them were hitting the limiter on the 1-2 shift. Good practise for the track I guess.
    Last edited by YBNormal07; 03-04-2005 at 08:00 PM.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

good kills : )

WRX
    lol, I'm sure the guy in the GST was scurred to go on the 3rd beep (or didn't know what the hell you were beeping for) so he tried to get the jump on you.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

I'm guessing you went to "P" in Newark? (Can answer in a PM if you want)
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SERacing
    I'm guessing you went to "P" in Newark? (Can answer in a PM if you want)
    I'm not sure what "P" is. This was in Newark DE, not NJ. Maybe you were thinking NJ?
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WRX
    lol, I'm sure the guy in the GST was scurred to go on the 3rd beep (or didn't know what the hell you were beeping for) so he tried to get the jump on you.
    I'm pretty sure he just didn't have a clue. When I spoke to him, he had a very heavy PR accent. Nice guy and all, but also not telling the whole truth.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

not to sure on the typhoon kill. One problem was that I thought the typhoon was made in two years 92 and 93. Which the 92 has typhoon written in the headrests and the 93's don't. It would be a great race to see. A mild modified typhoon can run easy 12's if not low 12's.
    Great races never the less.

I live in Newark DE... there are a TON of cars cruising in this area every Fri/Sat night... especially in the summer.

Great kills!
    Patrick
    2004 Java Black STi
    COBB Stage II
    Invidia G200 Exhaust
    Helix Catted downpipe
    K+N Typhoon Intake
    Tanabe GF210 Springs

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by huskerwrx
    not to sure on the typhoon kill. One problem was that I thought the typhoon was made in two years 92 and 93. Which the 92 has typhoon written in the headrests and the 93's don't. It would be a great race to see. A mild modified typhoon can run easy 12's if not low 12's.
    Great races never the less.
    Believe me, it was a typhoon. As for the year, it's what the owner said. I could have gotten it wrong. Trust me, I know my vehicles. I sat in his truck, popped the hood, examined the stock chain hold downs, etc. I realize they can be made extremely fast, which is why I posted that I was a bit worried about running him. 'Sides, although I don't know for sure yet, who's to say mine isn't low 12's now? (or at least a sub 12.5)
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

yeah i went to newark last night hoping to catch even 1 of those many races you got. but there was nothing. a bunch of kids in mom cars or dady bought this or ricers. it was really sad. i picked on a lt1 transam that would only rev back at me but never would race. then i chased down a kid in a ls1 camero that was only out to look cool and run circles around the town. it was really sad. i was out for about an hr from 10-11. i got challenged by a early 90s z24 cavi i didn't even waste my gas. y can't i ever find anything good to race. i get tired of beating up on scotts sti all the time. (just kidding) owell i guess you can't always get what you want. i'm off to the track soon where i know i'll race something.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Not a bad night for you. I could not get one run last night
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Newark de

I just wanted to say whats up. I saw some people talking about newark, de and thought I would chime in. I just bought an 04 wrx last week and was looking to meet up with some people and check out the scene. I know that there are always cars in newark during the summer but never had anything to run with. I guess I do now or will when i'm done modding if ever that happens. Anyway just wanted to say hi and look forward to those summer nights. ERG

Yup, I was thinking of NJ.
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market