Rex Vs. C5 Vette
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Rex Vs. C5 Vette within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So i'm driving home from the mall and i see a silver C5 Vette (Non-Z06) on the highway. I catch ...

Rex Vs. C5 Vette

So i'm driving home from the mall and i see a silver C5 Vette (Non-Z06) on the highway. I catch up to him and we're just driving normal, and then traffic gets congested so im in the passing lane, he goes to the slow lane and passes all the traffic, after a bit we catch up to eachother im in the passing lane, he in the middle, im maybe a few feet behind his back bumper when i hear the rumble of him downshift. so i was in 5th, i drop to 3rd and line up to him and we're off, i take her to almost redline, shift to 4th and go to about 6000rpms in 4th when i shut her down. dont want to get a ticket hahah. well i beat him. lol. i really expected to get destroyed.

After im going closer to the speed limit he catches up, I wave, as does he and we drive normal the rest of the way. Nice guy.

I'm 100% stock. Not sure about him. Now im not saying stock Rex's will kill Vettes, or anything. just re-living the experience.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice run, but it sounds like he was just playing around and not giving the Vette full throttle. They will absolutely destroy a stock Rex at any speed over 10mph.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Thats what i figured, tho it seemed at first when we started he was full throttle. prolly let off after that. nice guy tho. I was happiest just to know that a C5 considered me to be worthy of a game on the highway, instead of some Civic or something trying to race me.

At my current whp a stock C5 will walk me ever so slowly, from a 3rd gear roll.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

I hate to burst your bubble, but the C5 vette, if at all trying, will rip a stock wrx a new anus on the highway...lol He was just playin with you, I dont mean to make you upset, just informing you of the truth.
    ericmarkpaul: i pooed myself last night while i was sleeping!

No bubble bursted. Like i said I was more impressed with him wanting to play than anything.

Im used to driving an RSX, so to have a car like that want to play and it clearly be a respectful game is awesome to me.

Yo

I race a C5 w/ some exhaust mods from a light a while back; he was w/ me off the line and I held him off till 3rd in a 02 WRX w/ up, dp, cb, and UTEC @ 16psi. He started to pull once i shifted into 3rd but that was 60 so I was happy since I got there first. I knew if I tried from a roll that he would have beat me.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

Wow, i never realised the C5 was so powerful. I mean i know the Z06 is, but not the C5.

Still happy about todays events. Like ive said, he initiated it, he wanted to play. hahah. i love this car.

im surpsised you hung stock.

but i guess anything is possible
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

He did say he dropped to 3rd and then shut down at the top of 4th. Not that big of a race, lol.
    96 Honda Integra Type R
    97 Jeep Grand Cherokee (DD)
    02 Subaru WRX (sold)
    www.HirevImports.com
    Brandon@HiRevImports.com

Quote Originally Posted by krazyimpoRts
    He did say he dropped to 3rd and then shut down at the top of 4th. Not that big of a race, lol.
    yea cus we started around 80 so we went passed 100 fast, i really cant afford a ticket like that.

Like i said, im not showing off a kill, at least thats not the intent. It just made my day when a C5 wanted to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Integra96
    Nice run, but it sounds like he was just playing around and not giving the Vette full throttle. They will absolutely destroy a stock Rex at any speed over 10mph.
    +1.

109mph trap speed 0wnz j0000
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.