sti vs gt stang - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on sti vs gt stang within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Stock for stock I got beat by a new stang ... oh I have an 04 WRX. As usual I ...

Stock for stock I got beat by a new stang ... oh I have an 04 WRX. As usual I beat him off the line then he came back and pulled on me.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 8urVTEC
    best ever?!

you clearly havent been in a modded 03' Cobra...
    oh, i've been in a modded cobra, my buddy who used to be on here under the name 03cobra had a modded one. The thing was fast as hell...did 12.0 the first time he ever took it to the track. That being said I still think the new ones look alot better. When I said "best" I meant looks wise. When the next cobra comes out with a similar body style then it will be best in all regards
    Volvo S60 R (as of July 05)

Formerly ka: BlackWrx
    SOLD 7/05----04 Silver STI
    SOLD: 02 black sedan, Lots of mods

Quote Originally Posted by dingobite
    Saleens stage 1 & 2 models are slower than a stock 05 mustang i wouldnt doubt if a wrx could beat a stage 1 saleen since the true horse power stock is below 240hp. Normal stock 05 stang is around 240 hp before you start replacing oem parts ecu flashing.
    240hp? If i remember correctly the v-6 is something like 220...the 05 GT is rated at 300 and according to the MT article i was reffering to they were told the saleen was supposed to be 325. Maybe 240hp to the wheels stock...is thats what you ment?, I was reffering to the advertised numbers which are flywheel, i dont think I've seen dyno stats on either car yet. They should still dyno higher than 240 though, my guess would be something like 260 or so for the GT and maybe like 270-275 for the saleen
    Last edited by 04wrx4keeps; 03-08-2005 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 04wrx4keeps
    240hp? If i remember correctly the v-6 is something like 220...the 05 GT is rated at 300 and according to the MT article i was reffering to they were told the saleen was supposed to be 325. Maybe 240hp to the wheels stock...is thats what you ment?, I was reffering to the advertised numbers which are flywheel, i dont think I've seen dyno stats on either car yet. They should still dyno higher than 240 though, my guess would be something like 260 or so for the GT and maybe like 270-275 for the saleen

My mistake its the Rouse stage 1 and stage two that are moving less than 240Hp your not paying extra for speed with a rouse..
    The saleens arent even useing the same motor the factory ford models are thats why they have more horse power running to the wheels. But they are way over priced by about 9 grand in rice mods nothing else.

And yes unless from what everyone is saying is correct your only getting about 240Hp to the wheels seems ford put a pair of crutchs on the 05. To get near the listed HP your going to need to mod the stang with after market parts from the exhuast, air intake, Ecu and a few other tweaks to get the advertised 300 horses out of the car.

Its been a few weeks since i was eyeing one guys ride he has dyno charts up and a small list of things about his ride up on the net.

That raping sounds about right. That's about how badly I've beaten every stock or close to stock Mustang GT. Now, when the V6 Mustang tries to run, it gets so bad, I'm embarassed for him.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

Just found the webpage with the 05 Mustangs with upgrades and dyno charts. Im still a huge fan of the 05wV8 though the things a major turn off with how bad it stands out in a crowd and soon youll see even more of them on the road with female drivers everywhere.

http://www.mymustangpage.com/

I am the owner of MyMustangPage.com and would be happy to answer any question for you guys if you like

-Bryan

Bryan - I had been checking out your car since you put the site up nice wheels and your info had me even more sold than ever for a while. Was also just pointing out if you wanted the correct horse power to these guys you had to remove a alot of oem factory parts since ford kinda slowed the mustange down for any unkown reasons maybe racing ? Which a Stage 2 Wrx should be able to keep up with a unmodded 05 stang V8.
    Didnt mean to come of as dissin you or you car.

Now im to the point where ive changed my mind about the wagon for a sedan for steath and personal visual reasons anyhowow Nice ride that 05 Mustang is of yours.

Now im trying to get into color choices every thing except teh lightest silver are tarting to stick on me no red though, to bright.
    Last edited by dingobite; 03-25-2005 at 07:14 AM.

np, I am not here to talk trash or start any "my car is better..." stuff. I am a car nut and love speed

Ford did slow down the Stang with a "Torque Management" ECU software settings, etc. By unlocking that with ECU programming, and a few bolt on the car runs so much better than stock. Ifg you get to test drive the 05, you might be wow, not too bad. But, when it get re-programmed, it is like night and day. No mode computer holding back the power, since it is fly by wire

-Bryan

I always thought that engine tuning only made big hp on turbo cars but I was very wrong. At the Corvette shop, while getting rear bushing put on my GTO, the head mechanic was telling me about how they installed an intake, mass air sensor, mufflers, and dyno tuned a new Vette. The Vette made around 338 whp stock. After a couple basic mods and tuning it made 390 whp !!. You have got to be kidding.

The master mechanic said that almost all of the increase in hp is from the tuning. They made like 40+ hp on a basically stock C6 Vette from just tuning.

So I don't dought the new GT making good power with tuning.

pre 05 GT's are slow. I raced a stock one with intake and exhaust when i was stock from a 40 roll, and it was no contest.
    LISC #1
    05 STi - 300whp 331wtq 1/4 - 12.7 @107.4 (SOLD)
    06 Evo IX 370whp 386wtq (Under Construction)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12