Stage 2 WRX vs. SR20DET 240sx
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Stage 2 WRX vs. SR20DET 240sx within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok so I just read a post about there being a lack of stories in here. Although I think the ...

Stage 2 WRX vs. SR20DET 240sx

Ok so I just read a post about there being a lack of stories in here. Although I think the request was for kills, I'm doing what I can here, alright?
    I left a car meet at the same time as a guy I know with an SR swapped S14 240sx... he is on the stock turbo but has engine management, full exhaust, and i'm not sure what else. I am a Stage 2 basically with a UTEC that could use a lot more tuning. The highway was pretty empty so we ended up playing a bit on the drive home... I really wasnt sure how it would play out, silly me.

First we did a roll from about 55-90... he got the jump on this one and I wasnt catching up through the top of third, then we hit the brakes.

The second time we rolled from about 55 again and I thought we both started at the same time. I actually pulled on him through 3rd gear, but as i was getting to the top of 3rd and getting ready to shift to 4th, he flew by me. I think that he wasnt in the right gear to start the race... thats what it must have been I guess?

The third time we slowed down to like 45 and got an even start and I got a nice pull through third, but he still was putting about 1.5 cars on me by the top of the gear, there was no point in shifting into 4th...

Anyways, he pulled on me pretty convincingly each time... I love those cars. I am in need of some UTEC tuning which I have been too lazy to do lately. My UTEC is only slightly tuned at this point so I think there is a lot of room for improvement, although not enough to hang with this 240. I think this is my first post in this forum... I really dont race very often, so hopefully this one was worth your while. In fact, this is my first loss since racing a Trans Am almost 2 years ago from a dig when I had recently gotten the car, was totally stock, and didnt know how to launch at all.

bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

240's w/sr20's are so sweet, im a big fan was thinking bout getting one but i didnt want to have to buy a 2nd car for the winter since i live in Michigan, sweet cars. good story

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.