*Video* Nitrous Prelude VS WRX
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on *Video* Nitrous Prelude VS WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I used to own a prelude which is a reason why I occasionally drop by the prelude forums. Here's a ...

*Video* Nitrous Prelude VS WRX

I used to own a prelude which is a reason why I occasionally drop by the prelude forums. Here's a thread from a member there driving a 5th gen prelude with I/E and a 65 shot racing a WRX with an exhuast.

Let me give you guys a warning... you're gonna start grinding your teeth and pulling your hair when you read the posts. You might even start sharing your opinion on that thread and it won't be pretty!

http://www.preludeonline.com/showthr...threadid=86460

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hmmm I can't access PO anymore but I guess it was wordie's Lude. I've seen the vid it's pretty funny. He's very proud of himself
    He has done a good job on that car too.

added bit: actually I can access PO but not that link for some reason strange
    Last edited by wombat; 09-18-2002 at 01:40 AM.

Something doesn't seem right about that video. He's ahead of him at the start. That thing only runs 14s in the 1/4. I'd eat him for breakfast.

-Jim

Let me give you all a warning...don't go over there and start **** because it won't get you anywhere. One of wordie's buddies went over to ClubRSX and posted a kill of a Type S and all hell broke loose.

Its not worth it. There is always one car you can take down in a group, assuming you find a bad enough driver. He's running 14s which means any of you good driver's would beat him stock. He doesn't have to be a good driver, he drives a sportshift or something like that. And that isn't inflammatory, that's the truth. The driver error is almost completely taken out of the equation...I'm not calling autos puss or anything like that, but the truth is they are easier to drive.

For your sake and for your cars, I'd say "let it go" because we all know for 100% that most STOCK WRX's with a decent driver will beat that 'Lude...don't give the fellas the satisfaction of knowing they got to you - I've seen what it can do. The fact is, most of you aren't stock so it isn't even worth your time.

Also, notice how he's never (or rarely) posted a loss...I'm only saying this because when you react, it gives them the power they are looking for.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Oh man, sportshift? that is an automatic transmission!
    No wonder he only ran 14's, automatic preludes are not all that fast to begin with. Drop out of powerband in every gear due to the fact that there are only 4 gears.
    I was going to buy a manual prelude before the WRX, but Honda discontinued it. And the thought of buying a brand new discontinued car just doesn't settle in too well.

my buddy has a 5th gen type SH, we raced the other day, both are bone stock, he needs more than a 65 shot to even have a chance. he could probably pull me above 120 though.

Originally posted by smokey
    One of wordie's buddies went over to ClubRSX and posted a kill of a Type S and all hell broke loose.
    LOL, virtually everything I've ever read on ClubRSX wasnt worth the storage space on the hard disk....
    2003 WRX Sedan
    2004 Nissan Xterra SE 4x4

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Jim's right, something about it isn't right. Did you see the gangsta arm thing going on with the WRX driver?

I dunno though...if they're on a roll and then he sprayed, AND he was already a little ahead of the WRX, it doesn't surprise me at all that he took off the way he did.
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Vice President and Editorial Manager, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 15 Audi S3 "Ella" | 2010 A4 (traded in) | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

Face it, the WRX lost to a high powered Prelude!

The subaru didn't even get to react. The, prelude left on the 2nd honk. What the hell is that lol. I mean i'd be scared too but atleast give the dude a heads up race.

Originally posted by Jared703
    The subaru didn't even get to react. The, prelude left on the 2nd honk. What the hell is that lol. I mean i'd be scared too but atleast give the dude a heads up race.
    Actually, if you listen closely, you can hear the third honk right as he accelerates. He does say in the thread that the #3 finger caught him by surprised so he honk quickly. It's entirely possibly that he got a "good" jump and held it. I also think it's pretty obvious that the WRX driver wasn't that good. Of course, they didn't race very far, so perhaps the WRX didn't have to spool.
    All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand. - Steven Wright

Moderator, of the "Super" persuasion

str
    14 sec with nitros is slow. I thougt that NOS would have made it faster. I lined up with a Nissan 240 at the track and he had NOS and he only ran a 13.8.
    2004 Black Forester XT

Jeez, more of that "race from a roll" crap. I must have missed it when this became a legitimate form of racing. And he seemed so proud of that, too. Kinda sad when nobody will race you heads up from the line anymore, isn't it?
    I own various Miatas and RX-7's in race trim
    One or two of them actually run now :-)
    Soon to posess a Scooby...

str
    he lists his 0-60 time of 5.7 with NOS. I could do that bone stock. It seems like to much work to make a Prelude fast. My buddy has one with several mods and I would kill that car. Anyway, I've spent less than $500 on mods and I can consitently run very low 14's in a wagon. Sweet.
    2004 Black Forester XT

Originally posted by KJ0813
    Jeez, more of that "race from a roll" crap. I must have missed it when this became a legitimate form of racing. And he seemed so proud of that, too. Kinda sad when nobody will race you heads up from the line anymore, isn't it?
    He can't win if he races from a stop...his only chance is to race from a roll so thats what he does.
    a 30 mph roll is defanitely not a wrx's strength, and he took advantage of that good for him.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.