*Video* Nitrous Prelude VS WRX - Page 6
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

This is a discussion on *Video* Nitrous Prelude VS WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; The problem we're seeing is that 95% of people see a kill and they start bashing the car that lost. ...

The problem we're seeing is that 95% of people see a kill and they start bashing the car that lost. Anyone, at any give time, could make any car faster that the wrx. I pulled on a viper from 20 to about 50 b/c he missed a shift terribly. I don't go out there saying how slow vipers are. There are so many variable that can affect any race.

Some people say that racing from a roll takes all of the driver skill out of the equation. Well, your right, thats is why I like racing from a roll. I personally don't want the driver as a variable in a race. When I race, I want to see whose "car" is faster. I could car less about the driver.

People need to pull their heads out of their A$$es before the post regarding kill stories. Wordie, this is not directed at you whatsoever, but some of those guys on po were retarded. They were saying how "weak" a wrx is. Apparanty their head are stuck so far up their own a$$es that they don't see the real world. Yeah, wordie destroyed that guy. That doesn't mean the wrxes are weak. I'm not trying to offend anyone, but you can only make a prelude so fast. A wrx has alot more potential.

Everyone just needs to respect each others hard work and motorsports in general and it will be a much happier world.

ok I'm done
    2005 STI
    Obsidian black with gold wheels

Moderator of SE forum

Quote:
    What is the handicapped parking situation at the special olympics?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Wordie

I don't think nitrous proves anything. I'll drive down to pensacola and race you all night. When your bottle runs dry, I'll still be running low 13s while your back at the filling station. No offense to you, just trying to prove a point.

PS I think you've handled yourself well here and I'm sure that I speak for everyone here when I say that you're welcome here anytime.
    2005 STI
    Obsidian black with gold wheels

Moderator of SE forum

Quote:
    What is the handicapped parking situation at the special olympics?

Originally posted by kaizenfighter
    Wordie

I don't think nitrous proves anything. I'll drive down to pensacola and race you all night. When your bottle runs dry, I'll still be running low 13s while your back at the filling station. No offense to you, just trying to prove a point.

PS I think you've handled yourself well here and I'm sure that I speak for everyone here when I say that you're welcome here anytime.
    Heh... drive down then..

I understand the theory about running out of nitrous, but again, if you really want to, you can apply that logic to anything-- how big is a wrx gas tank? 13 gallons? Whats the WRX get on gas mileage, lets have a distance race... see who can go futher without stopping.. (the WRX might win? I don't know the specs, but that isn't the point)

lol, its all relative...

...and thanks for the welcome! ( I might be around more than you think, that STi is looking really really nice )

let me get this straight w0rdie.......
    you probably payed the same amount for your car when it came out compared to the amount we payed for our car.....
    but our cars are faster and it takes you double the mods to equal our car..........
    im not trying to brag or put your car down, i used to want a prelude before, but im just stating the facts
    i respect your car and you
    but..............
    i personally think that using Nitrous is pretty much a cheap (excuse me if this is too harsh) way to win, unless the other person is using Nitrous also

for example:
    in Fast and the Furious when that girl races that jamacin guy in the RX-7 and she uses Nitrous and he doesnt
    i personally think that is soooooooooo stupid

Originally posted by AzNuGn
    let me get this straight w0rdie.......
    you probably payed the same amount for your car when it came out compared to the amount we payed for our car.....
    but our cars are faster and it takes you double the mods to equal our car..........
    im not trying to brag or put your car down, i used to want a prelude before, but im just stating the facts
    i respect your car and you
    but..............
    i personally think that using Nitrous is pretty much a cheap (excuse me if this is too harsh) way to win, unless the other person is using Nitrous also

for example:
    in Fast and the Furious when that girl races that jamacin guy in the RX-7 and she uses Nitrous and he doesnt
    i personally think that is soooooooooo stupid
    Alrighty... I see the WRX listed on edmunds for 24g and some change... I paid 15g for my car with 30k miles on it, so you're point about it being faster for the same money is unrealistic.

Now... You're right stock for stock the WRX is much faster than the prelude, but I didn't buy the car JUST to race, I also wanted something sleek and classy looking. Now, lately the looks of the WRX have started to grow on me (esp, the STi) but no matter how much you like the WRX, anyone who calls that car 'sleek' has had too much to drink.

If I could trade my car as it sits right now for a brand new WRX I wouldn't even THINK about it.

I won't even mention you bringing F&F into a mature discussion.

To each his own.
    [98 Platnium Grey Metallic Prelude]

Mods? Pictures? Info?
    ::project-prelude.tk

Originally posted by w0rdie

I won't even mention you bringing F&F into a mature discussion.

To each his own.
    heheheeeeeeeehahahahah
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

uhhhhh.........
    i dont get you
    a used WRX would go for that much too
    so it is realistic

Originally posted by AzNuGn
    uhhhhh.........
    i dont get you
    a used WRX would go for that much too
    so it is realistic
    No no, its still unrealistic-- used would a WRX sell for 15g? If so, I'll buy one IN ADDITION to my prelude. But we both know that isn't the case.
    [98 Platnium Grey Metallic Prelude]

Mods? Pictures? Info?
    ::project-prelude.tk

Originally posted by w0rdie

No no, its still unrealistic-- used would a WRX sell for 15g? If so, I'll buy one IN ADDITION to my prelude. But we both know that isn't the case.
    trade in on the rex is like 18 or 17 and dealer resale will prob be 19-20 or somthing like that
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.