*Video* Nitrous Prelude VS WRX - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on *Video* Nitrous Prelude VS WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Whatup... thats my car in the video. First thing I want to say is you guys aren't nearly as big ...

Whatup... thats my car in the video.

First thing I want to say is you guys aren't nearly as big ****heads as the RSX kids are!

Now-- when I posted that video on po.com, I let everyone know what happened... we lined up at 30 to race... I did the honks and the guy said he couldn't hear me, so my camera guy did a 3 finger count so that everyone could see it, the only reason I honked was so people watching the video would know when we were going to go, but my friend caught me off gaurd at the end, so I tried to get that last honk in. I didn't jump him-- I was actaully slow after the 'go'.

About my car being slow... Not sure if you guys know or not, but the SS prelude runs high 16s stock... Im in the low 14s now-- I've never met anyone who owned an SS prelude that was faster than mine. I realize its not a 5 speed (it will be soon (swap)) but I can still beat most 5 speed preludes.

I would love to race another WRX but the fact is I was shocked to see one here and couldn't wait to race it.

There were a few reasons we started from a stop-- the SS tranny is not only slow, but its super weak, hard launches and/or nitrous in first gear is a big no no. That plus we were down town-- there was really no place to go from a stop without a cop hitting those awful blue lights.

We ran from 30 to 110 we may have gone more than that but the road started to curve... (thats why I changed lanes at the end)

I know you guys don't like seeing a video of your cars losing-- but it wasn't unfair like you guys thought.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by 2001S4
    KJ0813, Just cause he didn't want to race a WRX from a stop doesn't mean he is slower, it doesn't mean he cheats, it doesn't mean anything negative. It means he would rather play to his strengths. Each car has its different strengths. LEt me use a basketball analogy. If you asked both Larry Bird and Dominic Wilkins to go head to head in either a dunk contest or a three point shooting contest, which do you think each would choose? Obviously Bird would choose the three point shooting contest because he is one of the best shooters ever. However, if you were to ask Wilkins, he would obviously choose a dunk contest because there has never been another person who could dunk like him. Now both of these guys are among the 50 greatest players and were simply amazing players. Neither one would be wrong in choosing his strength. I don't think the guy with the prelude did anything wrong, he knew that the WRX would have a huge advantage if he raced from a stop. He tried to even it out by racing from a roll. Just give the guy credit for having a really fast Prelude. They are nice cars and he obviously did a nice job with his.
    Very very well put!

Originally posted by Bliss

Hahaha Jim! You're crazy! I'm sure that alot of us would want a peice of that guy too.

I'm not sure if you guys noticed but if you watched his other videos and actually saw the driver "w0rdie", he's the type of person that my friends and I make fun of... what is that word that my friends call these type of people?.. ohh yea I remember now... he's a busta. (guy who thinks he's 'thuggin' but is just a wannabe.)

"Busta! what it is right now?! Busta! what it is right now?!" Heheh...*

*part of lyrics from Busta Rhymes
    Hate to bust your bubble... but using words like 'busta' sounds to me like youre the 'thugish' one.

The name w0rdie is an inside joke making FUN of 'thug boys' (came from that word 'whoadie')

Originally posted by w0rdie
    About my car being slow... Not sure if you guys know or not, but the SS prelude runs high 16s stock... Im in the low 14s now-- I've never met anyone who owned an SS prelude that was faster than mine. I realize its not a 5 speed (it will be soon (swap)) but I can still beat most 5 speed preludes.
    I know a guy that runs 13s @ Atco NJ w/ a 50 shot on an SS prelude

Anyways, I'm a former luder and I enjoy watching some of your vids...atleast your camera man is not having a seizure while filming like most of these vids I see nowadays.
    e46 M3 (new toy)
    02 wrx w/257 swap (now sold)
    IS 300 5spd w/ NAV (hers)

First thing I want to say is you guys aren't nearly as big ****heads as the RSX kids are!

HaHaHaHaHa...ROFL!!!!

Kissing ass a bit, aren't we? Should I point out the thread and YOUR increadibly mature responses on the board?

Man, you won the race fair and square for sure. The RSX guys that questioned your race were insecure. But once again, why generalize (RSX guys)? You won spraying, great, you won and that's all that matters. I don't care if you have turbo, SC, Nitrous, etc... if the guy wants to line up w/ you then its on...no excuses. Stock vs. stock, blah blah blah. Its irrelevant in a street race. You take those chances, you take your lumps.

But damn, I can't stand this two-faced **** sometimes. Don't act all naiive and tell me that there wasn't a reason why you go posting your kill stories on other car boards, like people are going to appreciate it. You were looking for a fight and you got one, and you didn't represent yourself well either.

There is NO DOUBT that the RSX guys took the bait and ran...they acted like assess in that situation, but you didn't make yourself look any better. So don't act like a ****ing saint.

You drive a nice car, you obvioulsy know how to race, etc... but **** catches up to you, don't forget it.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Originally posted by SilverX
    sadly, I checked it and it doesnt work anymore, guess the guy took it down. But, you can read about it here

http://www.preludeonline.com/showthr...&highlight=wrx

I hate to burst your bubble but that Rex didnt race a Supercharged Lude, it raced a Prelude SH which is a pinch slower than the base prelude, due to extra weight of Honda's ATTS (a kind of lsd)

That is all.

Originally posted by smokey

But damn, I can't stand this two-faced **** sometimes. Don't act all naiive and tell me that there wasn't a reason why you go posting your kill stories on other car boards, like people are going to appreciate it. You were looking for a fight and you got one, and you didn't represent yourself well either.
    WTF..? I posted my kill video on the prelude board... I didn't post it on the RSX board.. or here-- My videos get posted up places, the memembers on whatever board talk **** for a few weeks- then someone sends me the link... half the time I ignore it (clubSi) but you guys really didn't seem as closed minded as most.. so I replied. :shrug:

I don't look for fights on the internet-- we've all seen that image.. 'fighting online is like the special Olympics'

.w0rdie

p.s. - for the guy who said he had a friend running 13s with an SS on a 50 shot... there are a ton of SS ludes with a 50 shot on po.com-- the fastest I've seen is a 14.7-- better ask your boy for a time slip.

Originally posted by AzNuGn
    thats just plain stupid
    they think they are tough because they have to use NOS to beat our REXs
    if we put NOS in a stock WRX we would kill any Lude no matter how much it is modded with NOS or not

if this, if that, didnt happen in this video so dont dwell on it. Nobody is stopping you from putting Nitrous on your WRX just like nobody stopped w0rdie.

p.s. - for the guy who said he had a friend running 13s with an SS on a 50 shot... there are a ton of SS ludes with a 50 shot on po.com-- the fastest I've seen is a 14.7-- better ask your boy for a time slip.
    I guess you need to look outside of the PO board...

98 SS w/ 50 shot 13.925 @ 95.81 mph
    http://www.evotuners.com/luderecords.htm
    e46 M3 (new toy)
    02 wrx w/257 swap (now sold)
    IS 300 5spd w/ NAV (hers)

Originally posted by Jape

I hate to burst your bubble but that Rex didnt race a Supercharged Lude, it raced a Prelude SH which is a pinch slower than the base prelude, due to extra weight of Honda's ATTS (a kind of lsd)

That is all.
    I know it wasnt supercharged. Read a bit closer next time. I said it was a nitrous lude.

Thanks.
    Last edited by SilverX; 10-03-2002 at 03:47 PM.
    New:
    2005 Electric Blue Lancer Evo VIII

Traded:
    Platinum Silver 02 WRX
    TurboXS stage2

stop arguing......
    almost anything with NOS will beat a WRX
    but i dont understand why you preluders take pride in beating a WRX "WITH" NOS

you guys having to use NOS show how insecure and weak your cars are

AZNUGN... get your hand off it!

you're sounding like a one eyedprick.
    sorry but you are.

Preludes are not "Fast", they are in a totally differnet class to a WRX... we all know that

however W0rdies car is bloody nice so why can't you give him some credit for building a nice car that is fairly quick. Most people on this site are mature lovers of sweet cars in general which is why I come here.

so in summary grow up please

loosing 2 seconds or so on a 1/4 time from stock isn't bad....just thnk out cars would be low 12s loosing 2seconds....he does have a nice car and he beat a wrx....no where did he say he can beat all cars or anything like that.....he raced he won he posted he chilled back.....granted it was a close to stock wrx but racing is never fair.....keep up the vids and races w0rdie goood jobbbb
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

my bad wombat......
    i guess i didnt read the rest of the post
    i was kind of reacting to what "influx" said on the first reply
    got me kind of mad

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.