2 fools wasting my time...

This is a discussion on 2 fools wasting my time... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Okay guys, here's a question... When you're coming up to a stop light, and the person is signalling to turn ...

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX

2 fools wasting my time...

Okay guys, here's a question...

When you're coming up to a stop light, and the person is signalling to turn left, most people go to the right to pass them since they have to yield to the oncoming traffic, right?

On the other hand, if the person isn't signalling, you can probably just pull up behind them, since the right lane usually has parked cars up ahead anyway, right?

Well I guess the two people in a Passat and 4Runner tonight don't follow this logic, because both of them tried to pass me on the right, trying to cut me off before they reach the parked car! First it was the Passat...I'm in the left lane going straight and he attempts to cut me off but I gun it. He tries again at the next light but this time I was ready and didn't even come close. Then, after he turns off, a 4Runner tries the same thing! I wasn't prepared but kicked it down to 2nd and he was gone. I don't understand people
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

quick way to stop it

Verdugo,

Down in LA its called a "guttersneak" Best way I found to handle it is pretty harsh.

Instead of accelerating to stay ahead of them, just stay with them. Match their speed side by side. Sometimes they are so intent to pass you, they forget about the parked cars.

Crash Boom Bang. They probably won't try it again if/when they get out of the hospital.

It's not very nice at all to do. But there are some people that don't learn unless it is an expensive lesson.

Clavo
    What's the square root of 69 ?.........8 something

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Wow that's harsh man LOL

Actually I think my dad does that...hehe
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

This happens to me too, except there's a stoplight that we come to and when you cross the intersection, if you're in the right lane, you have to merge left. People always go to the right lane even if I'm going straight. Needless to say, they don't get past me. I had a guy in around an 89 probe gt turbo try that business. I wasn't feeling very frisky that day, so I was gonna let him in. He slowed down, so I figured he was going to wait for me to get around. I put it to the floor. So did he (I think he wanted to race.) By the end of first, I was ahead of him and he was on my butt. Here we are going 65 in a 35 with him on my butt right into road construction. I was slowing down, but not with my brakes for fear he would hit me. The road construction guys were yelling "SLOW DOWN" I felt like a real idiot. We came to a stop sign, and he got in the left turn lane and wouldn't even look at me. Guess he didn't like losing.

I'm a long time lurker, but this is kind of dumb. Just let them go next time, they probably think they are in a much bigger hurry than you are. Racing them or staying by their side can be very dangerous. Especially if they aren't paying attention, who knows, maybe they'll hit your car before the parked car.

Point is, just let them fly by you, and let them think they have some sort of "special" car or what have you. Heck, sometimes this happens by accident. When you're driving in a 2 lane road, and then when you get to a light you realize that in the right lane in front is parked cars, so you'll have to move over before that point.

Now, this probably isn't the same, but racing them off the line is pretty dumb. Basically try not to leave others any room to hit you. Even if it's their fault (legally) it still sucks to be in an accident.