Played with a Z8
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Played with a Z8 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Heading back from a friends tonight, after a long night of GT4 , im driving along the beach and come ...

Played with a Z8

Heading back from a friends tonight, after a long night of GT4 , im driving along the beach and come up on my turn. Hmmmmmm barricades???? Ok whatever ill whip around and go down to another crossing point. Turns out a Z8 was behind me and did a u turn also.

So we pull up to the light to continue down the road, were in the turning lane. I cruise normally through the turn, and he get's on it to ensure he is ahead.

So we keep going for a bit down the single lane road, then we come up on the next turn to cross the intercoastal. He doesn't appear to be turning, so I drop to 3rd and fly into the turn, downshift into 2nd...........hmmmm this corner is a bit tighter then I remember............heavy use of brakes needed.

So I overcooked that corner, corrected it and kept going. I look in my rearview mirror, and turns out the Z8 wanted to try and keep up with me. I get on it through a certain twisty section, then back off for the bridge, get back on it on the bridge. I get into 4th, then come down the crest of the bridge, 3rd.......2nd........coast for a second as I set myself in for the turn and go WOT around the bend, grab 3rd on the exit and continue down the straight till the top of 4th. I look back and the Z8 is only a tiny speck.

I pull a right at the next street, and so does the Z8. He flys by me then gives me a huge thumbs up. I pull alongside and roll down my window to chat, his comment went something like this "you got F'in nuts of steel" yada yada "the question is what do you have in that thing". I tell him it's an engine swap but it's mostly stock, which he at no point believed.....but hey, the truth hurts .

We wanted to run eachother, but there were cops all over Boca tonight. So we gave eachother a thumbs up and went on our ways.

That was my night, hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.
    "Celebrate we will, for life is short but sweet for certain"-DMB

Liquid - "yes sticky! hes a god now!"

02 WRX now JDM V8 STI (too many mods for my own good)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I think this was an issue of who had more balls than who had the better car/driver. I know your car is pretty extensively modded, but to make a Z8 turn into a spec while rolling at those speeds, not to mention through corners makes me think he was not pushing his car.

The Z8 runs high 12's and traps anywhere from 111-113mph
    not to mention how good it's handling performance is!

good run though... In this case though, you had bigger balls, not the better car.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    I think this was an issue of who had more balls than who had the better car/driver. I know your car is pretty extensively modded, but to make a Z8 turn into a spec while rolling at those speeds, not to mention through corners makes me think he was not pushing his car.

The Z8 runs high 12's and traps anywhere from 111-113mph
    not to mention how good it's handling performance is!

good run though... In this case though, you had bigger balls, not the better car.
    Ya I knew he had more power then me, and is lighter also, 400hp mmmmm. I can take an M5 on the highway (barely) and since it's the same engine in a lighter car he would def pull a little on me since my best trap is only 110.55mph......which is pretty close.

I think we all agree that it was a case of me just being a better driver with much larger cajones.

But I even wonder, if he had of been a better driver and pushed it harder, if he would of been able to take me. I mean im running 550lb spring rates in the front and 480 in the rear, with full sway bars etc etc. Larger brakes and so forth.

I think, in terms of power, he had me by a little, but in terms of handling I had the edge. Either way I had fun

nice run
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

In Ray's house while he's jacking it in his car.
    I thought the Z8 didn't handle remarkably well. I seem to remember a Top Gear episode about it, and it not being too great. It's a good thing that you guys didn't do any drag racing, though. You're running mid-14s, right?

Quote Originally Posted by zoophagy
    It's a good thing that you guys didn't do any drag racing, though. You're running mid-14s, right?
    Just call me Clark Kent

Quote Originally Posted by zoophagy
    I thought the Z8 didn't handle remarkably well. I seem to remember a Top Gear episode about it, and it not being too great. It's a good thing that you guys didn't do any drag racing, though. You're running mid-14s, right?

Haha, well technically it's a 13.4 @110.55 right now. Thats with a 2.2 60'

I figured out why it's so difficult to launch my car though. It turns out my AVCS has been off all this time. This means im starting off in "vtec" so to speak. Which means my low-mid range is non exsistant.

So this means when I launch I have to launch in high rpm's to avoid bogging, but this results in massive wheel spin. Thankfully I ordered up an AVCS wiring kit, so now I will have it back and try to launch with it again.

Quote Originally Posted by DEADPOOL
    Haha, well technically it's a 13.4 @110.55 right now. Thats with a 2.2 60'

I figured out why it's so difficult to launch my car though. It turns out my AVCS has been off all this time. This means im starting off in "vtec" so to speak. Which means my low-mid range is non exsistant.

So this means when I launch I have to launch in high rpm's to avoid bogging, but this results in massive wheel spin. Thankfully I ordered up an AVCS wiring kit, so now I will have it back and try to launch with it again.
    good. a 13.4 with that high of trap is ridiculous!
    Just call me Clark Kent

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    good. a 13.4 with that high of trap is ridiculous!
    Ya, I can't wait to get the AVCS working, it will help a lot on my launch. Get my ET down into the mid 12's where I should be, considering my horrid 60' and crazy trap/

Quote Originally Posted by DEADPOOL
    Ya, I can't wait to get the AVCS working, it will help a lot on my launch. Get my ET down into the mid 12's where I should be, considering my horrid 60' and crazy trap/
    good luck to you
    Just call me Clark Kent

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.