Raced my first STi - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Raced my first STi within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I can keep up with STi's, stock and with cat-backs. I know this because I have done it with my ...

I can keep up with STi's, stock and with cat-backs. I know this because I have done it with my uppipe, turboback with high-flow cat, IC hoses, and cobb reflash.

krazyimports has the headers/uppipe, catless tbe, intake,pulley, and a utec tuned by Junior.

I believe it is perfectly possible to get the jump at the go, and keep the lead.

Its all down to the driver, and anything can happen on the street
    Last edited by hellafastWRX; 02-23-2005 at 06:42 PM.
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by krazyimpoRts
    Let me know when. I want to see how I'm matched up against a modded evo.
    yeah, get him before he finishes his exhaust and throws in some 272's
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

I Support ClubWRX
    Good kill. I ran 2 stage 2 to 2.5 WRXs when I was stock. First and second were even. I started to pull in 3rd. By middle of 4th, about 4 lengths between us. Anything can happen on the street.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Quote Originally Posted by crazycam31
    I dunno dude. I'm not doubting you won the race, but I still think the STi is a faster car all else being equal... Unless you have a ton of weight reduction done..... Maybe he started in 2nd since you got the jump and its obvious that the STi has more "down low" tourque.

So I would say, a stock STi with that driver can keep up with you and your 02. Other wise, STi>your WRX.
    idk why he would of started in second. I told him 1st gear roll, so I don't he would of shifted right before we went. I would love to go at another stock STi, to see if maybe it was a fluke. But I should be around the same amount of whp, if not a little more no? Torque, I know the STi has me. Oh well, looks like I'm going to go stock STi hunting this weekend. lol

-I should of ran him twice. =/
    96 Honda Integra Type R
    97 Jeep Grand Cherokee (DD)
    02 Subaru WRX (sold)
    www.HirevImports.com
    Brandon@HiRevImports.com

Stage 2 WRX

Stock STi

Ok, well, I did my reasearch and I was wrong.... Its entirely possible that you beat him fairly and he wasn't a horrible driver.I don't know how far/fast you guys raced but I guess what was confusing me is that the STi's are usually quicker in the 1/4 mile but that most likely has to do with the higher top end and gearing. Good kill.

Quote Originally Posted by krazyimpoRts
    He said that wasn't his race car, that he has a mustang at home. He's selling his STi for a Saleen (Muscle kind of guy I guess =/)

Now that i have my Suby, I think i would take me STi over my Stang. And my STi is'nt near as fast as the Stang.
    ------(Sorrry Lisa(Stangs name.I hope she didnt hear that )--------
    Nice kill though
    04 Pearl Black STi-
    GT35R...

*88 Mustang Foxbody-
    Not Stock!!=475RWHP

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    Get some kneepads and open your mouth

yeah its definitely possible i can hang with stock sti's running cobb stage 2, but only when im a better driver from a dig, because the sti's turbo is just plain bigger and it starts to pull on me from any kind of roll!
    good kill man!
    04 black evo!!!!
    Car How To

good kill. i eat stock and modded sti for lunch..

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyBoy2
    yeah its definitely possible i can hang with stock sti's running cobb stage 2, but only when im a better driver from a dig, because the sti's turbo is just plain bigger and it starts to pull on me from any kind of roll!
    good kill man!
    So you've ran a sub 13 second quarter?

I'm now Cobb stage 2. I suspect I'm at least mid 12's if not low 12's now. Soon to find out.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by crazycam31

Stage 2 WRX

Stock STi

Ok, well, I did my reasearch and I was wrong.... Its entirely possible that you beat him fairly and he wasn't a horrible driver.I don't know how far/fast you guys raced but I guess what was confusing me is that the STi's are usually quicker in the 1/4 mile but that most likely has to do with the higher top end and gearing. Good kill.
    I'm sure your realize that is probably the lowest dyno of an STi known to mankind right? For an example, see my sig with just a catback on it. Different dyno's and locations of course, but I just wanted to point out the using any dyno chart as a representation of a class of cars is usually not a valid point, as they all read different.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07

I'm now Cobb stage 2. I suspect I'm at least mid 12's if not low 12's now. Soon to find out.
    oh sorry, i have a wrx!
    04 black evo!!!!
    Car How To

when my sti was stock, i would race friends stage 4 wrxs on the freeway to see how i would hold up, it was pretty much even, they didnt pull, nor did i...............those were stage 4 cars.

ps. i owned a stage 4++++ wrx, and it didnt feel as fast as my sti, and i couldnt keep up with an sti that had tbe and utec.
    09 STI

Quote Originally Posted by traction
    when my sti was stock, i would race friends stage 4 wrxs on the freeway to see how i would hold up, it was pretty much even, they didnt pull, nor did i...............those were stage 4 cars.

ps. i owned a stage 4++++ wrx, and it didnt feel as fast as my sti, and i couldnt keep up with an sti that had tbe and utec.
    oh really, than u haven't race me, yet. i am stage v and i kill an sti with utec and tbe. it must be the littttle turbo on your stage 4++++++++++...

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07

Please hurry up and get some times! I'm very curious what you are going to run with your stage 2 setup.
    2005 Aspen White STi

nice run man
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.