VTEC Rulez!!! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on VTEC Rulez!!! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by J-H I have to agree with DINO. What is wrong with that video...? For the sake of ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by J-H
    I have to agree with DINO. What is wrong with that video...?

For the sake of arguement, lets assume these guys are in high school. One drives his mom' 1990 minivan, the other drives a 1975 volvo that he got from his dad. It makes perfect sense that the VTEC'ed civic will be a rocket.....just a perspective thing....

My 1999 blazer was freaking fast as hell compared to my first car. I wasn't a rich spoiled kid, but once I could afford a car I bought something for me....that was a 1995 legacy and that thing was faster than the blazer, now the WRX would kill all of them....

It would be the same if one of us made a video doing doughnuts or even a track day...you know...a WRX running 12.99 in the 1/4 mile.....Guys in the AMG forums would laugh at us.

Nothing wrong in posting the video, its just the bashing....

Anyways, that is my rant......

I think it was the "hella fast" comment that did me in.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

To me it's not a matter of perspective. When I had slow cars, I knew they were slow. I knew what fast cars were, and mine wasn't one of them. I had no false thoughts about it. I didn't think it was "hella fast" because it was quicker than other cars. There is definite range of speeds which all cars fit into somewhere. I would say the WRX is a quick car, not a fast car. It's not FAST, but it's more than respectable. I would have trouble saying a stock civic is quick. It's just not slow. Not sure if his was stock or not...

And just because you are better looking than the guy sitting next to you, it doesn't make you model material.

Quote Originally Posted by br3ez
    nothing looks as ackward as a fwd burnout.
    Cept an AWD one.

Seriously though there are plenty of cars out there who would look at a BPU WRX and laugh at it the same way you do. Don't **** up this community the way hondas have done. I got a wrx to be an enthusist not an elitest.
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by svc
    Fvk the elves, it's bling season

Sponsored by: BoostBuddy.com

wow...some of you guys are taking this way to seriously....download the video...check it out, get your ****s and giggles in, make your comment (whether positive or negative) and move on. I posted this because of the tools in the videos not because i think my car is faster or better.

I Support ClubWRX
    When I owned slow cars, I knew they were slow. When I owned fast cars, I knew they were fast. I wouldn't even call my WRX fast, just quick. I doubt I would ever make a video trying to make a car look fast. You better have a REALLY fast car to make one of those videos look good. An inside shot of an anemic Honda struggling through the powerband while someone saying it's "hella fast" is just plain funny to me. I could take a video of our circle track modifieds and liquify $400. worth of racing slicks in about 90 seconds, but I still think it would be a stupid video. It's my humble opinion that these kids need to get a clue

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    An inside shot of an anemic Honda struggling through the powerband while someone saying it's "hella fast" is just plain funny to me. It's my humble opinion that these kids need to get a clue
    "hella fast" in a car with a screaming intake just made me

it was only going about 20 to 70 in 14 seconds

I have to say im not a fan of civics, or the attitudes that i have experienced by many of their owners. And i luv being next to one at a light. (just need a zoom side mirror to see their expressions when i jump 4 cars off the line on them). But there are a few i have run into even while driving the M5 with all its mods that have been down right fast as ****. One of those 90 hatch SI with the b16 swap and turbo kits with all the interior and **** ripped out pulled on the M5. =( im sure it weighted around 1800 lbs and the M5 at a fatty 4000 + (not sure with system in it).
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

I Support ClubWRX
    Pretty amusing. Just kids being kids. Done worse myself in my life. I still remember driving with some extremely bad valve seals and a way-off tune 350 (fill up the oil and check the gas sir!!). I couldn't have passed a volkswagen with it, but no-one could get by me either. Just put it to the floor and "holy-smoke screen batman". I was so proud of that car!!
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

although that wasn't "hella fast" by any means, at least his civic sounds better than 90% of the civics out there with exhaust. So props for that
    Last edited by TurnWRX; 02-22-2005 at 03:35 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    A stock Civic or Integra with just an intake sounds pretty much like that, so it's not like it has a built engine or anything.

Lame video that made me laugh! Nothing is as safe as a car running high 17's in the 1/4 mile.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by g0tb00st

hope you had your volume up so you can hear the stupidity...."thats hella fast"

did someone call me?

OMFG he spun his fron tires with 5 people holding his car and the e-brake on! VTEQ POWA!
    Last edited by hellafastWRX; 02-22-2005 at 04:56 PM.
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

WRX
    the funniest was when 3 people were trying to hold the car back in order for the guy to be able to do a burnout.

Say what you want about the car being nice, these guys were p0sers IMO.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

Quote Originally Posted by br3ez
    ...nothing looks as ackward as a fwd burnout.
    N.E. F4
    Mods

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.